Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Kingbrite?

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
osci9

Kingbrite?

Post by osci9 »

Anyone used them? I'd love to go Invisible Sun but the wallet is tight for a bit. Got my eye on a cheap LM301B/Epistar 660nm quantum board,
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 7daf3PVFOv

or their bar setup
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 3adaWdg1Xb

I'd much rather buy UK manufactured, but wondering if one of these will see me through the next 3-6 months instead.

Any opinions?
These users thanked the author osci9 for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:04 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:38 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Greenfingers
Known User

Re: Kingbrite?

Post by Greenfingers »

These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post:
osci9 (Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:21 pm)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Issue I see esp with alibaba is contacts - its not ebay trust me lol and warranty or lack of.
The other thing is customs will bend you over ( if you can get anything here during covid )
Give it a bash, never know :)
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:02 pm)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

import duty, no returns, lieing bastaads when it comes to chipsets used, efficiencies etc.. do you really want this?

its a gamble to be honest, you WILL get stung for import duty, there is no way round it, and the Chinese are, how can i put this , less than truthfull......about a lot of stuff. they dont see lieing as a problem, i however do.
oh and thats without mentioning the time i tried to get e refund on an item, after sending it back, i gave up after a years of getting no-where. F*ck China- support UK industry
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post (total 2):
osci9 (Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:29 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:03 pm)

osci9

Post by osci9 »

Hmm, so VAT another 20%, duty probably falls under that, then another £20 for Parcelforce to put it on a shelf for a bit... adds another £50 or so, loses out on the easy warranty you'd get from IS. Might be a false economy.
These users thanked the author osci9 for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:50 pm)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

VAT or excise duty might be charged on it AS WELL AS import duty. and postage, when i was looking was arounfd 50 dollars so say 40 quid. not so cheap now is it?
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:03 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

osci9 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Hmm, so VAT another 20%, duty probably falls under that, then another £20 for Parcelforce to put it on a shelf for a bit... adds another £50 or so, loses out on the easy warranty you'd get from IS. Might be a false economy.
Specs on light are as good as any other quantum board whether its made in UK or China, problem lies when it falls to bits and theirs no after sales service.
They will mark prices down iff you email them those Chinese to get a sale so it reduces taxes and vat and whatever else for you. Don`t ever use Parcelforce 100% every parcel gets pulled, ive always used Swiss post when buying from China and its never been pulled coming into UK, spent lots with them but more on the vape eciggi front down years.

Or

Be even cheekier and fire off some emails to those light makers explaining your case and that you`d like to test drive their LED grow lights, big yourself up and what not, you never know. Ive had 2 decent cree cobs units in past off those Chinese doodes.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”