Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Alien Rain - Looks Fucking Awesome

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Minty
Respected Member

Alien Rain - Looks Fucking Awesome

Post by Minty »

Alien Rain

Tech = 3D printed lid

Totally expensive for what is technically a 3D printed lid (Looking at your Mr Man to sort me out here Bro) but this is totally a really cool concept and I am tempted by the fact for me personally it ticks so many boxes.

It can basically be used as DWC, RDWC, AERO, Drain to Waste.

The 3rd link does show a different systems but the RAIN covers most situations on it's own and if you want full on AERO that is just a simple mod to the lid really (ie the components between the different products are pretty much the same allowing a change from one type of grow to another - at least with some MintyModding ;o)

This certainly TICKS a lot of boxes in my current setup and seems pretty flexible if you want to mix up your growing experiments as I do while still trying to 'dial in an environment'.

Interested to hear what you other more experienced growers think about this system because I really like it - but then I fucking like everything about growing weed that I have not seen before so I am just a complete fairy to be fair.

P.S. I Time Skipped the links as the time it takes to show the Alien logo really SUX's
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 3):
Nom (Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:09 am) • Nanook (Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:35 pm) • Dex (Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:04 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Nom
Known User

Re: Alien Rain - Looks Fucking Awesome

Post by Nom »

Although I do like the look of it and looked at it before, the concept seems great. But as you said it is expensive and quite right to say screw that and make it diy which I am all for, usually. Here's how I see it, the market is growing, fast. Everyone wants a piece of it and wants to make a million with the next big thing, it'll be like the dot.com bubble. Is it cool, yeh man its way cool. You dont need it though, josh's diy drip rings cost peanuts and work well for example, sure you may get salt pockets or something so just give a mini flush with jugs of water, cheap like the budgie. IMO the future is a completely turn key system for people who want to grow but dont want to learn, i put that in the category of self driving cars, great when your pissed but theres no joy in it when you aren't. Still everything has it's place and if it doesnt it usually finds one, if you build it they will buy it even if they dont need it. That said I do love a dishwasher.
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:39 am) • Dex (Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:03 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Agreed but that 'simple lid' makes a lot of difference in terms of the playing field.

For me personally I really like a few of the components and the fact that I can see them working in my current setup to cover different growing techniques does as I say tick a few boxes. If that was £200 cheaper or even £300 cheaper for a two unit setup I would buy it mainly because the core infrastructure is there in terms of return pipe sizes, choice to use it as a drain to waste etc.

Cost aside it would fit my setup.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Nomoli wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:06 am
josh's diy drip rings cost peanuts and work well for example, sure you may get salt pockets or something so just give a mini flush with jugs of water, cheap like the budgie
What I like about that lid design is that it negates the problems I worry about with going to drip feeding. Josh's rings are cool and something I would do before doing drippers but that lid I do like the concept of as it works for watering anything and pretty much with even coverage.

I just like it and if we could DIY one I would certainly be up for testing it.

3D printing makes this stuff possible but only as a prototype, for mass use someone needs to make it and Kudos to Alien for doing so - it's certainly a good idea on top of what they are already doing so I have to respect that. Good business sense at the least.

G3W2HIN
Known User

Post by G3W2HIN »

Minty wrote:
Nomoli wrote:
josh's diy drip rings cost peanuts and work well for example, sure you may get salt pockets or something so just give a mini flush with jugs of water, cheap like the budgie
What I like about that lid design is that it negates the problems I worry about with going to drip feeding. Josh's rings are cool and something I would do before doing drippers but that lid I do like the concept of as it works for watering anything and pretty much with even coverage.

3D printing makes this stuff possible but only as a prototype, for mass use someone needs to make it and Kudos to Alien for doing so - it's certainly a good idea on top of what they are already doing so I have to respect that. Good business sense at the least.
Here I'll send these files anywhere you want lol or help me make it better jah love.Image
These users thanked the author G3W2HIN for the post:
Minty (Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:56 am)
INNER PEACE

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

G3W2HIN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:37 am
Minty wrote:
Nomoli wrote:

Here I'll send these files anywhere you want lol or help me make it better jah love.Image

Hey mate, Appreciate you taking the time to do that (obviously not simple to mock up that picture - appreciated Bro - but in terms of the design) yea it is literally that simple - I think from my limited research they have a system that stops the light penetrating the 'dRain' holes (shall we call them dRain holes for clafication ?) - to be honest If I had a 3d printer I would buy at least a couple of lids and just improve on the design rather than just copy it.

The reason I went with the IWC RDWC kit I have at the moment is that all the components were available as spare parts - I didn't purchase a kit as my limited growing environment can't handles the smallest kit of say the Alien Drain which is a 4x Pot system. If they sold just that lid as a spare, I would but 4 (2 for fucking with) and two for reference, and make my own solution that would probably fit into my current setup.

If you look at my IWC setup - it looks nothing like an IWC, just had the right size pots with the right size 'panel' pipe connectors that I could drill holes and feed water back to the res etc ;o)

All Worked kinda in the end ;o)

Don't look feck all like that now ;o)

I do think it is an interesting concept that they have going on,
and it won't be long before they nail it with a combination of all the different growing types.

G3W2HIN
Known User

Post by G3W2HIN »

tbh you would have to shwazz the hell out of your plants and have a stupid long stretch to really have that much light penetration to cause an issue i think, but my plants stay pretty squat. just me and epi affinity im sure

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

G3W2HIN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:20 am
tbh you would have to shwazz the hell out of your plants and have a stupid long stretch to really have that much light penetration to cause an issue i think, but my plants stay pretty squat. just me and epi affinity im sure
True Dat, Probably don't even need a black lid at the min mate - I OVER THINK EVERY THINK ;o)

machiavelington

Post by machiavelington »

How did this end out? i really love the look of the rain systems but even making up a 2 pot system from all the spares is pricey huh

RewisL19

Post by RewisL19 »

I have a 3D printer, il take a look at making one of these very soon :) I also love the idea of the rain system, but also I don’t need it and it’s expensive lol

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”