Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Ac Unit

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Ac Unit

Post by Minty »

LOL, is it just me that was put off by the "7 colour LED feature" ;o) - sounds Chinese to me ;o)
MrNice wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:53 am
Hey ask minty hes bought an ac unit thats small for tents etc not sure what he paid
Still waiting for it and I still think if it works it will be the bollox, but it certainly wasn't cheap. Features for me were the separate intake, extract and cold feeds as this will allow me to pipe it into my existing setup and it should be reasonably quiet as I have to put it in a loft directly above my bedroom. Will have to wait and see how it plays out but I am interested and hopeful to see how it works.

Without getting my overall loft temperature down both this new air conditioner and the existing water chiller are going to die so if you are looking at spending the sort of money I spent I would suggest getting a larger portable room standing AC unit that can be used to cool the overall room temps and just bring the ambient down if you know what I mean.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 2):
Tictok (Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:21 pm) • Terry_Flanagan1 (Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Minty wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:21 am
LOL, is it just me that was put off by the "7 colour LED feature" ;o) - sounds Chinese to me ;o)
MrNice wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:53 am
Hey ask minty hes bought an ac unit thats small for tents etc not sure what he paid
Still waiting for it and I still think if it works it will be the bollox, but it certainly wasn't cheap. Features for me were the separate intake, extract and cold feeds as this will allow me to pipe it into my existing setup and it should be reasonably quiet as I have to put it in a loft directly above my bedroom. Will have to wait and see how it plays out but I am interested and hopeful to see how it works.

Without getting my overall loft temperature down both this new air conditioner and the existing water chiller are going to die so if you are looking at spending the sort of money I spent I would suggest getting a larger portable room standing AC unit that can be used to cool the overall room temps and just bring the ambient down if you know what I mean.

Thats a great idea mint "getting a larger portable room standing AC unit that can be used to cool the overall room temps and just bring the ambient down" :clap: :Stoned:
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Minty (Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:26 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Worst case scenario make a swamp cooler.

I'm in the loft in a 60x60.

Big bucket with kid, holes a few inches up, stick some ice in and sit a fan on top blowing down. It didn't actually raise the humidity that much but dropped the temps from 37c to 30c which the More Cowbell I'm growing seems to handle OK.

Slightly high maintenance replacing the ice.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 3):
flip (Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:52 pm) • Minty (Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:28 pm) • Terry_Flanagan1 (Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:05 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yesi like those DIY jobbies lots @Tictock . How long did it hold temps steady for on a fresh top up with ice ? I think i`d prolly sling in some frozen bottles or summink like
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:28 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:00 pm
Yesi like those DIY jobbies lots @Tictock . How long did it hold temps steady for on a fresh top up with ice ? I think i`d prolly sling in some frozen bottles or summink like
It did alright, I'd put one bag of 'supermarket ice' on day one then just chucked another one in on day 2 and for both those days it kept the temps just low enough.

Definitely a temp fix only, but needs must when it was really hot in the loft.

I had looked at standalone air con but rejected the idea due to tent size. Didn't think cooling the loft itself as above, great idea.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 2):
Minty (Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:29 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:42 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”