Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

High Loft Temperatures - water chillers

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Tentlover87

Re: High Loft Temperatures - water chillers

Post by Tentlover87 »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:42 am
Tentlover87 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:12 pm

Ice packs non stop lol
You could use some 2 litre pop bottles. Fill them up to about 4/5ths (to allow for expansion) and freeze them. They should last longer than those freezer packs.
I bought a 300a chiller now dude as I had to have a spare chest freezer in the garage just to freeze ice packs for the res lol
These users thanked the author Tentlover87 for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:34 pm) • Minty (Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:43 am)
Love the green 😻 here to share the love !

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Tentlover87

Post by Tentlover87 »

Minty wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:05 am
Tentlover87 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 pm
I got 4 automatic extinguishers in total in there dude.2 high one each side of tent then 2 over all the electrics .they give a 2m spread when there are set off so they give really good coverage of the worst did happen
Now that is some good precautions. Can you link me up with what you are using as this is something that does concern me being in the loft and all.

I see you have both a fully insulated loft and that cool bubble bag around the tent. Very cool and something I certainly want to move towards. Been recommended to me more than once to insulate the loft above the floor and I think this is something I definitely need to get sorted out before this time next year.

Thanks Buddy.

For the tent wrap dude I just bought 4 rolls of bubble insulation from b and q like 20 quid a roll and a few rolls of silver tape .easy to do dude and it does help a bit
These users thanked the author Tentlover87 for the post:
Minty (Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:47 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Tentlover87 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:27 pm
For the tent wrap dude I just bought 4 rolls of bubble insulation from b and q like 20 quid a roll and a few rolls of silver tape .easy to do dude and it does help a bit
Every little helps mate, I am still planning on following some advice I got from Josh and just doing the complete loft rather than the tent as with the external water chiller, res, ac unit etc. I definitely think cooling the surrounding room/loft is more beneficial than trying to cool just the tent. Hopefully my new setup will give me the best of both worlds.
Tentlover87 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:25 pm
I bought a 300a chiller now dude as I had to have a spare chest freezer in the garage just to freeze ice packs for the res lol
Good move buddy, they are a hard pill to swallow in terms of cost as there are so many god damn costs ;o) ie Lights v Extraction v Tent v everything else you need, but it is definitely a worthwhile purchase for hydro. I just wish I had over spent on mine a lot more than I did - I got a 150 for a 60ish res + pots and would be happier with what you have to be honest. The higher spec it is the less time it runs basically.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

MrNice wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:38 am
Mint - You installed your A/C yet :idn:
Good News Mr Nice Sir ;o)

Finally got an update and it should be here Tuesday ;o)

Also purchased a 6" Ram fan as the two 4" ones I ordered to cool the loft are still in a PayPal dispute but this one looks like it should be able to move some hot air outta the overall loft:-

Must say I am pretty impressed with the Ram inline duct fans and the 30" oscillating fans of which I have two now ;o)

My plan is to still go for something like the following once the AC unit arrives:-

Looks complicated and it is ;o) but basically there will be dedicated fans on intake and extract just from the loft space with all the other equipment hooking into those air streams ;o)

I'm still a noob and this is how noobs progress by trying RANDOM shite ;o) If anything, I will be remembered for my crazy shite ;o)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

LOL - just watched that video back and I have an EC & PH pen sitting in a jug with a funnel to the left, with bags of Coco, Pebbles and Perlite to the right, and you aint even seen what I have sitting behind me waiting for the AC unit to arrive so it can be 'plumbed into the loft' ;o)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:28 am
Just pull air through the veg tent into the big tent and out the roof. AC the environment around the tents of needed. Air will get pulled in if you're forcing air out anyway.
Same with a dehumidifier if needed, dehumidify the room the tent is in.
Also you won;t force a single 6 inch extract on full crank through a 4 inch hole very well. It''l burn the fan out over time, let alone 2 x 6 inchers.
OK, so should I just use both roof tiles as extract? One to cool the loft with the other cooling both tents by moving incoming ambient air through the veg tent and then into the main tent? Basically the new 6" fan (on half speed - which is why I went large) just extracting air from the loft as this should suck air in as needed? Then use the current 4" between the two tents (so I can still control intake speed in the main tent) with my current extraction the same (i.e. 6" HyperFan Stealth with the carbon filter)

Thanks Marcus. Really do appreciate all the corrections I am getting.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Air con finally arrived and I likes it - still need to decide how it will fit into the whole GRoom Build but I have high hopes as the 3x dedicated ducts allows incoming fresh air stream, outgoing hot exhaust, and cold (10℃) difference into the tent. Putting the incoming feed also into the tent allows it to dehumidify as well.

Not fitted it into the loft etc yet but I have been running it with all three pipes just venting into the same room and it does cool for sure.

So far very impressed with the cooling and the noise levels (it does sound louder in the video than in real life) and it looks like a nice bit of kit which is portable.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”