Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

High Loft Temperatures - water chillers

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Tentlover87

Re: High Loft Temperatures - water chillers

Post by Tentlover87 »

I have a portable 12000btu air-con but will use 2.5kw hour and noisy as hell and with these led being so cool temps not been too bad.all I worry about is res temps
These users thanked the author Tentlover87 for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:13 pm) • seymore_budz (Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:12 pm)
Love the green 😻 here to share the love !

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Tentlover87 wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:15 pm

I made a wrap from bubble insulation for over the tent.but I always used 100mm celotex during the loft conversion.loft got up to max 35 during the heatwave but tent only got up to max 31 .running 8 and 6@ ec silenced revolutions
Very Nice, not so sure I would mount the fire extinguisher so high...

Tentlover87

Post by Tentlover87 »

Minty wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:13 pm
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:15 pm

I made a wrap from bubble insulation for over the tent.but I always used 100mm celotex during the loft conversion.loft got up to max 35 during the heatwave but tent only got up to max 31 .running 8 and 6@ ec silenced revolutions
Very Nice, not so sure I would mount the fire extinguisher so high...
I got 4 automatic extinguishers in total in there dude.2 high one each side of tent then 2 over all the electrics .they give a 2m spread when there are set off so they give really good coverage of the worst did happen
These users thanked the author Tentlover87 for the post:
Minty (Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:04 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 pm
I got 4 automatic extinguishers in total in there dude.2 high one each side of tent then 2 over all the electrics .they give a 2m spread when there are set off so they give really good coverage of the worst did happen
Now that is some good precautions. Can you link me up with what you are using as this is something that does concern me being in the loft and all.

I see you have both a fully insulated loft and that cool bubble bag around the tent. Very cool and something I certainly want to move towards. Been recommended to me more than once to insulate the loft above the floor and I think this is something I definitely need to get sorted out before this time next year.

Thanks Buddy.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Mint

You installed your A/C yet :idn:

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

MrNice wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:38 am
Mint

I have not even received it yet mate...

Be fecking winter by the time it arrives - luckily I can use it as a dehumidifier at least ;o)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:12 pm

Ice packs non stop lol
You could use some 2 litre pop bottles. Fill them up to about 4/5ths (to allow for expansion) and freeze them. They should last longer than those freezer packs.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:41 am
MrNice wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:38 am
Mint

I have not even received it yet mate...

Be fecking winter by the time it arrives - luckily I can use it as a dehumidifier at least ;o)
Shoot. When I saw Β£715,866, I thought that was the price... then I scrolled down. Phew.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Minty (Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:01 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:42 am
You could use some 2 litre pop bottles. Fill them up to about 4/5ths (to allow for expansion) and freeze them. They should last longer than those freezer packs.
That's a good idea if you have a freezer large enough to cool them in the first place. My freezer is one of those under the fridge type deals and currently full of food the same age as the freezer ;o)

I got me some of those blue ice packs but to be fair since sticking a 30" RAM fan in the loft just to move the air around enough to allow the 'chiller to chill' has resolved the water temp issue. Now sits about 19℃-20℃ (my software shows the water temp out by a degree compared to the actual chiller for some reason - but still well within the ranges I need). While I would consider the chiller expensive it is actually a very handy item to have, my only regret is that I should have over specified it even more than I already did (res is about 50 litres so I got the 150 litre version - in hindsight the quicker it cools the less time it runs so get as big as you can afford).

I currently have both roof tiles in Extract so what I need is to get another inline fan (or two - which are also delayed!) so that I can stick one back on intake directly into the tent. This really keeps it cool but during the really hot days I had to adjust to cool the chiller down so reversed the intake into another extract directly from the loft.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:08 am)

Tentlover87

Post by Tentlover87 »

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:05 am
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 pm
Now that is some good precautions. Can you link me up with what you are using as this is something that does concern me being in the loft and all.

I see you have both a fully insulated loft and that cool bubble bag around the tent. Very cool and something I certainly want to move towards. Been recommended to me more than once to insulate the loft above the floor and I think this is something I definitely need to get sorted out before this time next year.

Thanks Buddy.

They are just 2kg powder automatic extinguishers dude.had them off e bay like 40 each.ill check the name later for you.i use them in my normal rooms as well dude.its peace of mind.touch wood in 15 years the worst I’ve had is the power trip out dude to something faulty.yeah I got 200mm of rockwool under the floor dude.fitted new 10x2 joists and installed full custom staircase which I access through cupboard in the bedroom.then 100mm celotex for the walls and roof before the plasterboard.it still gets hot but I bring cooler air in from downstairs and with running full led the heatwave was bearable.got air con but not run it this year.my first run with invisible sun led but managed to pull 55 zips off 6 plants in the 8 x 4 with 1100w if there br spectrum lights
These users thanked the author Tentlover87 for the post:
Minty (Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:36 am)

Return to β€œGrow Room Designs & Equipment”