Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Grow closet or grow tent?

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
frankthirtyspears

Grow closet or grow tent?

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Sup guys, i apologize for all the mess i've done these days with a ton of stupid post where i changed my mind every time (mainly due to my budget which shifted pretty much by the day) but now i think i've reached a good compromise, so i've bought a TS600 MarsHydro spending a bit more than what i would have wanted just for seedlings so i'm taking the opportunity and wanna try to build a decent grow indoor setup. I've got a pretty big unused closet (45x90x200) all painted flat white https://imgur.com/a/VrPcl2d but i have no clue about what to do for ventilation and reflective stuff like Mylar, i can drill a hole in the back of the closet if needed and i don't really need to mask the odor since i live alone but is it a good idea or am i better buying a small grow tent? My only concern is to spend as little as possible but avoid really bad stuff if possible. Thanks and sorry again for all the mess i'm making but it's my very first time growing anything :roll eyes:
These users thanked the author frankthirtyspears for the post:
Bulls (Wed May 13, 2020 4:02 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Grow closet or grow tent?

Post by Bulls »

Hello mate. No need to apology , there are no stupid questions to be asked.
Just heads up we have our own gallery which is secure and very easy to use for you to upload photos.

I've seen your closet and it should not need to put mylar on it if you're on a budget. The white should be enough.

Ventilation - Yes it will be needed. Not only to remove the smell but also you need to have air exchange in your grow space. You can drill a hole and extract from there. Fan & Filter are a must for each grow.

Thing you might want to consider is if you have light leaks in the closet. Go inside and shut the doors. See if any light penetrates through the gaps.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Wed May 13, 2020 4:46 pm)

frankthirtyspears

Thanks a lot guys for the recommendations, atm my only issue is to find a decent vent not over 50-60 euros on the italian amazon or some other sort of site since the majority comes with hefty expedition costs or very long expedition time, but i guess i'll do it somehow.

frankthirtyspears

Hmr81 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:22 pm
I guess you could make a basic filter with activated carbon, some mesh, foam to wrap it all in and a pc fan pulling it out but I'm just spit balling here
As soon as i fix the closet i'll give the pc fan a shot

frankthirtyspears

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:45 pm
Hi Frank,

Try looking at grow shops local to you, I don't know where you are (I presume Italy) but I googled and found a few. Here's one, they may deliver?

https://growinitaly.com/2504-ram-estrat ... ucina.html

They sell other extraction fans and lights and everything else you may need.
Yep i'm from Italy, the fan itself it's enough or i need another one? Thanks ^^

frankthirtyspears

I ask 'cause i haven't figured out yet how intake and exhaust fan works since i've read that you can use 2 separate ones or only one that do both.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Extraction fan is the ine that removes the air out of your grow space.
Intake is to blow fresh air from outside into the grow area. Intake can be active or passive. Active is when you use a fan, passive is when your extraction fan is powerful enough to create negative pressure in the grow area and suck air through gaps or vents.
Most important will be extraction fan with carbon filter. For that spage I'd say 4-5 " fan will be plenty.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 am)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Started off in a closet.. hqd all the right stuff so I thought.. ended up moving my grow into a tent due to being able to control the environment in the closet. My girls where much much happier in the tent. Buttttt I also live in Texas where temps are ridiculous. All my pics are in my diary. Put a ton of effort into that closet. Hope this helps in some way and good luck 😊
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Thu May 14, 2020 9:03 am) • Bulls (Thu May 14, 2020 2:04 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”