Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

how high for a grow box

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Greenfingers
Known User

Re: how high for a grow box

Post by Greenfingers »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:49 pm
Greenfingers wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 pm

This is what i need to do chaps ?
I just nipped tops when plants were small and tied anything down i could when stems were long enough also defoliating big fan leaves 2 or 3 times on around a 5 or 6 week veg i forgot tbh, plants are around 14 inches tall about 10 days into 12/12.

Then day 1 of 12/12 before last tieing down session and defoliation.

After defoliation and tieing down

And here`s where i was at at day 7 of 12/12

But one of those will fill your planned 2ft x 2ft floor space easily. I have just over 18inches width and about 36 inch in length on floor space.

I`ll keep ya updated on how its going and what i do in here with pictures mate if you`d like. 8-)
Great stuff mate, Thank you
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

You could always use summink like lets say a 25liter square platic tub with 12 to 15 liter of coco in and lots of holes put in bottom, those are usually alot wider in width and length and lower/shorter sides than plant pots or buckets as well to put your plant in and in doing so maybe pinch as much as 6inch in extra height than if using say summink like the buickets im using. Even using a big 25 or 30 liter pot filled with 12 to 15 liters of coco and then chopped right down would pinch a good few inches in height. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Greenfingers wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 am
From this to this vat 14 days into 12/12 now as of yesterday. 8-)

Before
After

Before
After

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

Nice !! why the bucket in the bucket ?

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Greenfingers wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:11 pm
It`s just a simple "run/drain to waste hydropinc system" basically the internal bucket has lots of holes in bottom and the outer bucket just a tube sticking out of bottom and inside with a few claypebbles covering inside tube, i then just feed and waste runs outa the tube into an old 5liter fert tub which i just empty when needs be, it just mkakes things simple and easy to get rid of waste rather than faffing around pumping it out of a tray or whatever. Simple but effective. You could prolly call it a "passive runt to waste hydroponic system" i use a watering can to feed them myself.

You can see in this picture where and how water drains away if you look at bottom of picture in middle . :)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:47 pm
Greenfingers wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:11 pm
It`s just a simple "run/drain to waste hydropinc system" basically the internal bucket has lots of holes in bottom and the outer bucket just a tube sticking out of bottom and inside with a few claypebbles covering inside tube, i then just feed and waste runs outa the tube into an old 5liter fert tub which i just empty when needs be, it just mkakes things simple and easy to get rid of waste rather than faffing around pumping it out of a tray or whatever. Simple but effective. You could prolly call it a "passive runt to waste hydroponic system" i use a watering can to feed them myself.

You can see in this picture where and how water drains away if you look at bottom of picture in middle . :)

so what medium are you using ?

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

canna coco pro+ which is just Coconut fibre or coco coir whatever you wanna call it, @ 70% and 30% perlite. Its a hydro medium unlike soil and you`ll tend to notice bigger plants faster and a bit more bud if done rightly than growing in soil. It`s a much easier way to grow than way your going, imo organic growing lots more can go wrong, if anything goes wrong groing in coco with mineral based ferts its a simple fix.

Theirs a good few organic type soil growers on here that will help you out though so no biggi really :)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”