Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Do you filter your intake?

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Keeno
Site Admin

Do you filter your intake?

Post by Keeno »

Hey guys,

Im sure we have all had to take off our filter covers from time to time for a good wash. Im using 1 tent to feed another atm, helps with heating. Ive been quite shocked at the different between the 2 filter covers. Both have been in there for 2 grows.

Tent feeding - unfiltered intake:

Tent being fed by filtered air

It really shows the difference, these are srticky girls to, the thought of all that dust :sick: . Everyone has to change filters so should have/end up with one spare.

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Do you filter your intake?

Post by Nanook »

I've never seen one that dirty tbh... Maybe your getting cement dust from the floor?
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
Keeno (Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:40 pm)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

I use a old 4 inch rhino hobby to cover my outside air to inside grow space air intake, then every ducting has at least a double layer of stockings or a square of cut filter cover which i cover all the air flow joins with

i had concern of passing pollen between spaces and these controls seem to have contained it well
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Sage (Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:28 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

weedabix

Post by weedabix »

I had some fungus gnats in the basil in our flat when I started so I was quite keen not to get them in my grow. This is why I stuck a filter in front of my passive intake. I used a single layer of this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1 and it seems to work quite well... The duct tape doesn't stick well on the tent, but the suction of the fan keeps it sucked right to the inlet. I'm growing autos so light leaks are no issue for me, but you might have to use multiple layers and extra caution to make it light proof. It seems to work well and I'll have enough of it for multiple grows even if I chuck it out at the end of each run.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I havE a passive inlet but my CF covers are usually dirty after each grow, i think that`s down to big dog walking in and out of kitchen when he`s been outside freating dust or whatever, feck knows tbh. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

trid

Post by trid »

Hi,

I plan to cut a piece of washable air conditioner/furnace type filter on intake just to keep some of the dust and dirt out.
trid

Currently in design phase.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”