Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Autopot aquaplate

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Nom
Known User

Autopot aquaplate

Post by Nom »

Whilst babbling nonsense in the chat I remembered about a variation on the autopot theme that I'd seen called the aquaplate. By all acounts its a cheap add on kit from autopot that lets you adapt your existing system to dwc, it looks like you literally take your tray and valve and put it on top. If this is the case it wouldnt be too difficult to diy something similiar. Ive never seen it for sale this side of the pond, has anyone ever seen it before or read anything about it other than on the website? Do you think it would work? What are the thoughts of the community on it before i try it anyway?

Here's a link to the website
https://www.autopot-usa.com/product/aquaplate-square/

Im gonna keep researching on it
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
Minty (Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:45 am)

Nom
Known User

Re: Autopot aquaplate

Post by Nom »

Minty (Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:11 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I`m none too sure how it would work properly growing a full sized plant, those trays where the auto-valves are in are very small and shallow to hold rootage of a fully grown plant or even to just hold a fully grown plant upright, i might be wrong though. It would be better to just buy a few air-stones and a 50 liter tub if your thinking of doing DWC, simple enough to build. :) I just can`t see how it would work right & proper dwc style, ok yes the auto-valve may or may not cope with wet dry cycles kinda dwc`ing it another way, but i`m certainly not confident saying those Auto pot trays would do DWC plants, they just not big enough if i understood pictures rightly.

If you wanna do a hydro grow then just fill the auto pots with perlite/vermiculite or small rock wool cubes/clay balls 50/50 or best of lot coco and vermilculite 60/40 and away you go. It`s a great system nomoli if ya get it rocking. :)

Ps

I just looked again and i`m 100% no way will that work dwc style for growing full size weed plants so save your cash mukka, it might work if growing lettuce or summink small in veggie world similar though, but those trays just aren`t gonna take or hold rootage of a full sized weed plant on its own never mind 4. The cheeky coonts making and selling gimmicks that may work for other crops but not weed plants when they must know lots if not most of their sales and users must be weed growers, well i would think they are anyhow. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:11 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

I did have reservations about the depth of the trays tbh, i appreciate you having a look at it for me. It's just a shame really as the addition costs less than £15 and conceptually it seemed like a good idea, just a few too many issues to work with larger plants
Minty (Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:10 am)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

perhpas the valves could be made to fit buckets?
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
Minty (Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:47 am)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nomoli wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:33 pm
I did have reservations about the depth of the trays tbh, i appreciate you having a look at it for me. It's just a shame really as the addition costs less than £15 and conceptually it seemed like a good idea, just a few too many issues to work with larger plants
The autopots you`ll smash it using coco mate, get it all set up pm me so i know when and i`ll give you a hand. You`ll need some coco, AnB, PH Pen and EC pen too, perlite and some clayballs.

It`s a well easy system that reward you with plenty of buddage back. It`s not really a dirt system either more hydro. Oh yes you`ll need summink to stop roots escaping pots, some of those copper disks that go at pot bottom and some NFT spreader mat (fibreglass sheet) should do trick enough to stop roots escaping too much.

Have you had the system up and running already as it should by the way ?
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nanook wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:34 pm
perhpas the valves could be made to fit buckets?
Tbh i think they`re being real snakes with the new dwc thing cus like fuck can i see anythjing dwc, maybe except for the "lettuce" plants leaves will sit in water, theirs no place for an airstone really, you put that in your tank the autovalve is just a small shithouse system stop valve to stop trays flooding, well along those lines, basically it just lets water in and shuts off when full and fills when emptying, so tray doesnt get too full, the trays they are on about turning into dwc has about 6inch sides if your lucky max height.

They`re just praying on less experienced growers their and it should say not suitable for modding in cannabis grows. Even then if doing it to grow lettuce :lol: the ferts/water let into tray isn`t that areated as it should be for dwc no bubblers in trays see. Might even pop them a real nice email telling them just that, cus im like that, just ask my new Tory and old Labour MP`s lol.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Haha put a smile on my face Jimmi

Thanks for the offer fella, I'll be sure to give you a shout if/when I try coco :thanks:

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nomoli wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:30 pm
Haha put a smile on my face Jimmi

Thanks for the offer fella, I'll be sure to give you a shout if/when I try coco :thanks:
Check out the air-domes here https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... s&_sacat=0 they look a better bit of modding for the system. Not that they`re called for and ive never used them myself but less of a gimmick than their dwc idea, still kinda gimmicky but i can see them working unlike other dwc idea of theirs which certainly wont growing weed. 8-)
Minty (Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:06 am)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:14 pm
Have you had the system up and running already as it should by the way ?
I've had three harvests with auto's in this system so far mate and one handwatering, but all have been in soil so far, the reason is that I was advised to use soil for a bit by some chaps in a grow shop to start with. Since my grows have improved a little bit I'm feeling the need for a bit of a change and I've being seeing good things with coco and dwc and fancy a bit of that. At the moment I'm torn between coco in my autopots and a diy dwc, really thought I'd struck gold with the aquaplate thing but unfortunately I agree with you it is a little bit too good to be true. Nevermind hey

How come you packed in the autopots?

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”