Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Secret Jardin Monkey Fan Clip

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Secret Jardin Monkey Fan Clip

Post by seymore_budz »

integrajosh wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:53 pm
grumpygrower wrote:I have one. They're pretty good but a few niggles. 1) they fit but not great on the 25mm m poles of a greenqube. 2) the hinge is quite loose so it's hard to set the angle without it moving slowly over a week or so. 3) they are quite noisey as they are quite powerful but I did get the beefy one so it might be the reason why it's loud for my little tent. Saying that? I've seen quite a few fans that attach to poles and these are by far better quality than most of the rubbish out there.
All mine came with adapters for different pole sizes, yours didn't? I have the small fans though

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Yes it came with a 15mm and 22mm adapter. It will fit on the greenqube but not very well as the greenqube uses 25mm poles.
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:23 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:04 am
I have one. They're pretty good but a few niggles. 1) they fit but not great on the 25mm m poles of a greenqube. 2) the hinge is quite loose so it's hard to set the angle without it moving slowly over a week or so. 3) they are quite noisey as they are quite powerful but I did get the beefy one so it might be the reason why it's loud for my little tent. Saying that? I've seen quite a few fans that attach to poles and these are by far better quality than most of the rubbish out there.
Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

There were quite a few reviews that mentioned about them not fitting the poles. I too have a Green-Qube tent, so I will have the same problem.

I spotted this one, which hasn't had a bad review (only 5 reviews though)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Fan-Cl ... .l4275.c10
I probably came off a bit negative about them. I was really picking holes. Overall, they're not that bad.
The one on eBay looks like most the others I've seen. The growth technology ones ain't that bad. They all burn out eventually. These have a pretty good rating on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Profession ... way&sr=8-3
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:34 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

grumpygrower wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:53 pm
grumpygrower wrote:I have one. They're pretty good but a few niggles. 1) they fit but not great on the 25mm m poles of a greenqube. 2) the hinge is quite loose so it's hard to set the angle without it moving slowly over a week or so. 3) they are quite noisey as they are quite powerful but I did get the beefy one so it might be the reason why it's loud for my little tent. Saying that? I've seen quite a few fans that attach to poles and these are by far better quality than most of the rubbish out there.
All mine came with adapters for different pole sizes, yours didn't? I have the small fans though

Yes it came with a 15mm and 22mm adapter. It will fit on the greenqube but not very well as the greenqube uses 25mm poles.
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:23 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:04 am
I have one. They're pretty good but a few niggles. 1) they fit but not great on the 25mm m poles of a greenqube. 2) the hinge is quite loose so it's hard to set the angle without it moving slowly over a week or so. 3) they are quite noisey as they are quite powerful but I did get the beefy one so it might be the reason why it's loud for my little tent. Saying that? I've seen quite a few fans that attach to poles and these are by far better quality than most of the rubbish out there.
Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

There were quite a few reviews that mentioned about them not fitting the poles. I too have a Green-Qube tent, so I will have the same problem.

I spotted this one, which hasn't had a bad review (only 5 reviews though)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Fan-Cl ... .l4275.c10
I probably came off a bit negative about them. I was really picking holes. Overall, they're not that bad.
The one on eBay looks like most the others I've seen. The growth technology ones ain't that bad. They all burn out eventually. These have a pretty good rating on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Profession ... way&sr=8-3
I'm gonna tinker with my butnt out one and see if I can fix her prbly a waste of time, it's the motor itself I think

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:34 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

My two pence. I have the 20w oscilating fan and I agree it is powerful for a small fan and a tad noisy but it does work very well
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:33 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Thats unfortunate viz, mines a few months old and working lovely. There are better out there obviously but its working so far in my little tent, I've got a ram panel fan also which is much better but a bit much for my space, i wish they made them a bit smaller
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:33 pm)

easy-t

Post by easy-t »

Gardeners choice do a similar 1,half the price got 2, 1 didn't last a full grow the others still going 4 weeks into the second grow

From behind the bushes

easy-t

Post by easy-t »

Take that back none on their site, must have fucked em off

From behind the bushes

easy-t

Post by easy-t »

This was it

From behind the bushes

Neilw420

Post by Neilw420 »

I’m finding my monkey fans don’t seem to stay up where they are put, they seem to ride down the pole slowly

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Neilw420 wrote:I’m finding my monkey fans don’t seem to stay up where they are put, they seem to ride down the pole slowly
They should come with different size pole adapters, I've personally never had this issue. Maybe your tent has odd sized poles?

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
seymore_budz (Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:08 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

integrajosh wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:55 pm
Neilw420 wrote:I’m finding my monkey fans don’t seem to stay up where they are put, they seem to ride down the pole slowly
They should come with different size pole adapters, I've personally never had this issue. Maybe your tent has odd sized poles?

Same, mine is abour 1 year old and it only moves when I move it. There are two gripes with it after living with it for a year. 1) it could do with a couple more power settings. The lowest setting is pretty powerful. 2) the hinge on the fan is shite and sometimes I go in the room to find it pointing towards the ceiling.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”