Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Turnkey stealth grow system mad science thoughts

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Smokey

Re: Turnkey stealth grow system mad science thoughts

Post by Smokey »

Well things are certainly moving along swiftly here
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

ReeferSpin
Known User
Has thanked: 0

Post by ReeferSpin »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:06 pm
Cheers reefer. Be an awesome project, could it possibly even datalog and control EC/pH too do you think?
From what I understand, if it can be sensed it can be logged and when it reaches a threshold, we can flick a switch, so I say yeah in theory.

I haven't got a gro under my belt yet tho, so the sensitivity / parameters / dosing I have no idea about. I spose that's where you guys come in 😊

ReeferSpin

ReeferSpin
Known User

Post by ReeferSpin »

I reckon I can simulate the output of the sensors and start playing around with some code.

Can you post or send me the parts list and I'll start thinking.

Nice one!

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Will do tomorrow. In groom trying to save plants ATM haha
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

1:- Zero Line Camera Module FFC Cable For Raspberry Pi Zero 5MP MIPI MOM New 2018 --------------------£3.63
2:- 12V/24V Color Peristaltic Dosing Pump Mini Water Pump For Fish Tank Aquarium ( 2.4's ) --------------£9.27
3:- Raspberry Pi Zero W Board 1GHz CPU 512MB RAM with Built-in WIFI & Bluetooth -------------------------£16.37
4:- 800x480 4" DIsplay Resistive Touch Screen HDMI LCD I/Os for Raspberry Pi ---------------------------------£29.81
5:- 16 Channel 12V Relay Shield Module Board for Arduino Raspberry Pi ARM AVR CN -------------------------£26.55
6:- 2pcs NTC Thermistor accuracy temperature sensor 10K 1% 3950 Waterproof Probe 1m ------------------£1.05
7:- HTU21D Temperature and Humidity Sensor Module Temperature Sensor Breakout ------------------------£1.64
8:- Liquid PH0-14 Value Detect Sensor Module + PH Electrode Probe BNC for Arduino S ----------------------£10.67
9:- 1PC Recessed Magnetic Window/Door Contacts Security Alarm Switch Reed Adhesive --------------------£0.60
10:- Membrane 3x4 Matrix Keypad + extras - 3x4 --------------------------------------------------------------------£6.99

Obviously the magnetic switch is for a cabinet when aquired, and I still havent got an EC probe but plan to get one of these when I have a bit more cash.
https://www.robotshop.com/en/gravity-an ... meter.html
Also on the site I was getting the info from, they used 6 doser pumps? not sure why you would need 6 tbh - I would think 3 is plenty - base nute, ph down and one for possible ph up or B nute up.
I also need to consider a cabinet/mounting equipment for the screen, and pi system.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

ohh and obviously all the 230-12/5v stuff, and lighting. I am hoping to try an invisible or similar light in this unit.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Cabinet wise I'm at a bit of a loss tbh - I can see this being hard to have lightproof. Smokey mentioned fridge so I looked into airtight cabinets but they are daft prices tbh. Does anyone have a cabinet that is light proof? Maybe something like this?
https://www.solentplastics.co.uk/home-s ... en-locker/

7inked

Post by 7inked »

This all seems very interesting.. I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time. I'm going to keep an eye on this and pitch in if I feel I can help. However it seems like you are doing pretty well so far. If you need cheap electronic parts banggood are my goto. Take a little while to arrive but insanely cheap. I agree with smokey regarding cabinet. An old tall freezer. Already insulated and sealed. I've converted a few as incubators and they hold temps and humiduty really well.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

welcome to the discussion 7inked :)
All input is very much welcomed :)

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

7inked wrote:This all seems very interesting.. I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time. I'm going to keep an eye on this and pitch in if I feel I can help. However it seems like you are doing pretty well so far. If you need cheap electronic parts banggood are my goto. Take a little while to arrive but insanely cheap. I agree with smokey regarding cabinet. An old tall freezer. Already insulated and sealed. I've converted a few as incubators and they hold temps and humiduty really well.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Here he is, 7inked get stuck in fella I’m sure you will be able to bring some really good ideas to the table this is right up your street

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”