Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Torus Perfect PH

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Torus Perfect PH

Post by Nanook »

😮😂👍
Tell u something, my tanks full of crap today, 2 days after using pythoff but roots look better.....
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Tell u something, my tanks full of crap today, 2 days after using pythoff but roots look better.....
Nice, glad to hear that bro

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I think it's powdered mildue. It was on the roots when I inspected but seems clear now. Pythoff ftw :)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Also.... Say pythoff with a lisp like Tyson.... 😂😂😂😂

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

So.... Emails back and forth from future gardens... Amazing company, I cannot stress how good they have been.
They put me onto the UK distributer - northern hydro. Bloke was obnoxious. Claimed it was my fault it didn't work because basically I didn't know how to grow. He also said the 90 day money back no questions would not be upheld because it was my fault and the website is for the USA not the EU! Then he told me to read the website for info! Can't have it both ways mate!
Called Luke at future gardens instead of emailing... absolute top man, we will refund you full and take the hit.
Very disappointed with the UK dealer northern hydro - I would never ever buy from this company.
Away to look at stuff on future gardens to spend my refund on now 😂

TorusHydro
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TorusHydro »

Hi Guys,

Not to bring an old thread back from the dead, but just wanted to chime in and see if we can shed some light on some what you guys experienced.

First off I’d like to say thanks to you guys for your early testing on the products. We definitely understand that it may be scary dipping a toe into a new method with growing, so we appreciate you taking the leap!

Nanook, our sincere apologies on the issue you had run into. Regarding the H2O2, it is true that we don’t recommend using hydrogen peroxide with the device, and the device isn’t meant as a preventative to root rot. So sorry that you had run into that, it sounds that your res temp may have been a bit of a culprit without the H2O2 in the system. Have you since found a solution to help keep your temperature in check? If so, we’d be happy to shoot you a free unit for your trouble if you’d like to give it go again (perhaps with the Inline model this time if you prefer?). Glad as well to hear all got squared away for your refund, and sorry for the complications in the process. We have since been working to streamline the return protocol for all our distributors and resellers to make it easier if you run into any issues.

Integrajosh, how did you get on with your unit following the rest of your grow? Just to clarify about the Recharge Solution pricing, it is actually $60 for a 500mL bottle, which for a 35gal capsule unit is enough fluid for 4 recharges (coming out to $15 every 2-4 months). In the States we also offer a 1L bottle for $89 as well, which has 8 recharges worth for a 35gal capsule (coming out to just over $11 per recharge every 2-4 months). As well, not sure if we had ever hooked you up with that discount but if you are still interested let us know and I definitely can see what we can do.

If you guys have any other questions please feel free to relay them and we are happy to answer. And since we are on the forum now we are happy to provide tech support on here directly as well.

Cheers!

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Thats really good of you tbf TorusHrdro - I did think the inline may work better but I am still skeptical tbh. I would be happy to try it in my next setup and report back however I dont feel you owe me one to be honest, I dont want to take the piss.
I was using a chiller at the time however it was an extremely hot summer but when I bought it it was advertised as pythium prevention - has this since changed or was it an error on some websites selling it? Is it also still meant so I can just topup the res instead of weekly tank changes?
Have you had many issues from other customers or was it just bad luck?

TorusHydro

Post by TorusHydro »

Nanook wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:12 pm
Thats really good of you tbf TorusHrdro - I did think the inline may work better but I am still skeptical tbh. I would be happy to try it in my next setup and report back however I dont feel you owe me one to be honest, I dont want to take the piss.
I was using a chiller at the time however it was an extremely hot summer but when I bought it it was advertised as pythium prevention - has this since changed or was it an error on some websites selling it? Is it also still meant so I can just topup the res instead of weekly tank changes?
Have you had many issues from other customers or was it just bad luck?
Totally understand Nanook. I believe the pythium prevention claim must have been an error by a reseller website, though I can see how our recommendation against usage with hydrogen peroxide could have led to their misunderstanding (as this is correct, we don't recommend using H2O2 with the device). On that front, myself and the team will go over making sure this is as clear as possible on our site as well as our resellers', to avoid any other growers going through this.

That said, I can definitely understand your skepticism from the matter and how the experience must have left you with a bad taste. We really do care to make this right, and truly want to be an asset to the hydro community. In an industry with plenty of fly-by-night 'shadesters' so to speak, we are striving to break that mold and operate with the highest levels of honesty, transparency and customer service possible. And with bringing new tech into the market, in a world full of anaconda levels of snake oil, we do also recognize that trust must be earned by the community, and we hope to do just that, one grow at a time. Our aim is that either you are truly happy with our products, or if not then you are truly happy with how we handle the matter and make things right.

Issues in our experience are few and far between, and we definitely haven't seen anything as problematic as you had experienced tbh, it looks to have been just a perfect storm of misinformation and bad luck. It is worth noting that PerfectpH isn't applicable for every possible set up, but we constantly aim to be transparent in publicizing our knowledge of what will and won't work with the device, and as well we are working to continuously refine our technical support and returns process for anyone who has questions, runs into issues or finds it not right for them.

And yes, as the PerfectpH helps to regulate the ionic health of the reservoir environment, frequent reservoir changes are not required in a system with the device running properly. Water/nutes can just be topped up instead. We have actually had several growers run through their whole harvest without a res change, just topping up (though we do recommend a res change at least every 4 weeks just to be safe).

If you do get an itch to give it a go in your next grow then feel free to get in touch and we'd love to hook you up. :) Anyway, apologies here on the long wind, and if you have any other questions we are always happy to answer. Thanks!

-Andrew and the Torus Team

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

So has anyone got this new fandango toy working as it should do yet ? I just read through the whole thread and man it doesn`t sound good.

@Torus Hydro you got any links to growers who use this ph up n down tool succesfully, be that growing weed or tomatoes ? Cheers guys.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

TorusHydro

Post by TorusHydro »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:14 pm
So has anyone got this new fandango toy working as it should do yet ? I just read through the whole thread and man it doesn`t sound good.

@Torus Hydro you got any links to growers who use this ph up n down tool succesfully, be that growing weed or tomatoes ? Cheers guys.
Hey Jimmi, thanks for asking. We've got a lot of growers on IG using it in their set ups, check out our testimonials page with their experiences and links to their profiles: https://www.torushydro.com/testimonials

Also Scott at OperationFullSpectrum, a legal cannabis operation in Canada, just finished testing with a couple PerfectpH units in his last harvests. Check out his writeup here:

There are a good deal more testimonials and photos on our Instagram page and images that we're tagged in from growers on there. We're torus_hydro on IG if you wanna check us out.

Let us know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”