Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

1.5x1.5 grow tent light setup

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Josh
GR420 Leg End

1.5x1.5 grow tent light setup

Post by Josh »

Hey everyone, kind of a complicated crossroads I've come to but here goes.

Long story short, I'm sick and tired of messing with multiple small tents with no headroom so I'll be buying the size I put in the title very soon.
The issue I'm having is I can't decide which light combination/spread would be best for this size area.

Here is my setup/plan and I'll also list the equipment I have.

I want to use one of my smaller tents as a clone/mother tent. Nothing crazy for light, just whatever my cheapest option from invisible sun would be.

I plan on running a homemade rdwc system in the 1.5x1.5, going from rooted clone straight to flower. I'll be using square 15 L buckets, fitting as many as I possibly can in that space.

The lights I already have:

2 x 600 watt air cooled hps/mh, dimmable

1x 660 watt dominator 2xxl led (resin and trichome production is great with this light, weight of buds not so much)

1x 1000 watt dimmable double ended hps(small open hood)

So which light combination do you think would be the best?
I was thinking two 600 watt hps on the outside and the led in the middle to get a variety of light, but I'm still on the fence about it.

Let me know what you guys think

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: 1.5x1.5 grow tent light setup

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Someone like Bulls will be able to help you on this, mate. I've only used LEDs or CFLs and in small tents.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

integrajosh wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:19 am

Long story short, I'm sick and tired of messing with multiple small tents with no headroom so I'll be buying the size I put in the title very soon.
The issue I'm having is I can't decide which light combination/spread would be best for this size area.

I want to use one of my smaller tents as a clone/mother tent. Nothing crazy for light, just whatever my cheapest option from invisible sun would be.

I plan on running a homemade rdwc system in the 1.5x1.5, going from rooted clone straight to flower. I'll be using square 15 L buckets, fitting as many as I possibly can in that space.

1x 660 watt dominator 2xxl led (resin and trichome production is great with this light, weight of buds not so much)

I was thinking two 600 watt hps on the outside and the led in the middle to get a variety of light, but I'm still on the fence about it.

I'd be knocking at invis and Nanooks door pal invus can dial you with a qb where as Nanook can run you through spread etc with your lighting the guys part of Nasa I'm pretty sure lol and hes always glad to talk lighting lol

with regards to your comment "Ill cram as many in there as possible" i disagree pal sometimes less is more but space dependant of course but just a thought as flowering from clone severely affects your potential harvest you'd have to grow them as they are with zero time for any training etc

again just a thought

Smokes
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

It is a tricky one mate. One ligh won't cover that space and two will be overkill. The perfect solution for that would be cusrom made frame with led panels from invisible sun. I'd explain why. You wil end up using a lot less than 1200w in that space but you will be covering and using much more of the actual light. Truth is 2 x 600 hps in there will be a huge waste. Get some info from invisible sun and i am sure he will sort you out with perfect plan.
I am not saying that because they are our sponsor but brcause their lights are bloody good snd I've seen custom made led lights fitted in similar space and costs of leccy are reduced massively while yield is improved

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

I fully agree smokey. This is uncharted territory for me, I've always done single plant or maybe 2-3 plant scrogs with at least a month of training. Something about a sea of green with only 1-2 buds per plant sounds very enticing though. Maybe 1 week of veg would be necessary for health reasons, I'm not sure though
DJ Smokey wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:19 am

I'd be knocking at invis and Nanooks door pal invus can dial you with a qb where as Nanook can run you through spread etc with your lighting the guys part of Nasa I'm pretty sure lol and hes always glad to talk lighting lol

with regards to your comment "Ill cram as many in there as possible" i disagree pal sometimes less is more but space dependant of course but just a thought as flowering from clone severely affects your potential harvest you'd have to grow them as they are with zero time for any training etc

again just a thought

Smokes

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Bulls wrote:It is a tricky one mate. One ligh won't cover that space and two will be overkill. The perfect solution for that would be cusrom made frame with led panels from invisible sun. I'd explain why. You wil end up using a lot less than 1200w in that space but you will be covering and using much more of the actual light. Truth is 2 x 600 hps in there will be a huge waste. Get some info from invisible sun and i am sure he will sort you out with perfect plan.
I am not saying that because they are our sponsor but brcause their lights are bloody good snd I've seen custom made led lights fitted in similar space and costs of leccy are reduced massively while yield is improved
That sounds like the perfect plan bulls, but I've already purchased so many lights was hoping to use what I already have, since these are basically unsellable now.

You do have a very valid point though, if I had the cash I would do it for sure

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

I'll shoot them a message anyways, just to get an idea
Bulls wrote:It is a tricky one mate. One ligh won't cover that space and two will be overkill. The perfect solution for that would be cusrom made frame with led panels from invisible sun. I'd explain why. You wil end up using a lot less than 1200w in that space but you will be covering and using much more of the actual light. Truth is 2 x 600 hps in there will be a huge waste. Get some info from invisible sun and i am sure he will sort you out with perfect plan.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I'd stick thekm for sale mate and get yourself properly sorted. You will be laughing long way down the road mate.
But if you can't i undeatans you. I'd be going for the 1 x 1000 double ended :)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

True that, at least then I'd be able to use one of my air cooled hoods as a veg light

Think the 1000 watt on a light mover maybe?
Bulls wrote:I'd stick thekm for sale mate and get yourself properly sorted. You will be laughing long way down the road mate.
But if you can't i undeatans you. I'd be going for the 1 x 1000 double ended :)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

A mate of mine has the same size tent, with a raptor 8 air cooled double ended hood. He runs 2 x1000watts in there, and gets great results. It covers well too, but doesn't leave a lot of head room unless you put the filter and fan outside the tent, like blow thru it.

If it was me, and I was using what I had, I would either go with the 1000watter, or if the extraction can cope, id use 2 x 600s., the temps may get high tho if they are not air cooled, and I reckon you would need at least a 8 inch extraction.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”