Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

1.5x1.5 grow tent light setup

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: 1.5x1.5 grow tent light setup

Post by Josh »

bigbadbillybob wrote:A mate of mine has the same size tent, with a raptor 8 air cooled double ended hood. He runs 2 x1000watts in there, and gets great results. It covers well too, but doesn't leave a lot of head room unless you put the filter and fan outside the tent, like blow thru it.

If it was me, and I was using what I had, I would either go with the 1000watter, or if the extraction can cope, id use 2 x 600s., the temps may get high tho if they are not air cooled, and I reckon you would need at least a 8 inch extraction.
Hey man, thanks for the reply. I have an 8 in extraction fan and an inline carbon filter that goes outside of the tent, so heat wouldn't be an issue

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

bigbadbillybob wrote:A mate of mine has the same size tent, with a raptor 8 air cooled double ended hood. He runs 2 x1000watts in there, and gets great results. It covers well too, but doesn't leave a lot of head room unless you put the filter and fan outside the tent, like blow thru it.

If it was me, and I was using what I had, I would either go with the 1000watter, or if the extraction can cope, id use 2 x 600s., the temps may get high tho if they are not air cooled, and I reckon you would need at least a 8 inch extraction.
What grow style is he using to justify 2000 Watts? Must be wall-to-wall with plants in there

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

its a flood and drain hydro system hes got, using 8 pots.
his ballasts are dimmable so its normally 1200w veg 2k bloom, and it does very well.
no point having a tent if you don't intend filling it eh?

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

bigbadbillybob wrote:its a flood and drain hydro system hes got, using 8 pots.
his ballasts are dimmable so its normally 1200w veg 2k bloom, and it does very well.
no point having a tent if you don't intend filling it eh?
True that
Can't wait to get this 5x5, gonna be sick

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”