Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Refrigerant Dehumidifier v Desiccant Dehumidifier

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Keeno
Site Admin

Refrigerant Dehumidifier v Desiccant Dehumidifier

Post by Keeno »

Wassup GR420

as some of you may know i found a dreaded rot on one of my harybo tops, a thorough examination of the rest has shown up no more. this ,means im going to have to start flush early. with a 2 week flush they will be at 10 weeks for chop. not the end of the world but i do think 11 weks would have got em where i wanted em.

ive been battling humidity in that out building from the start, my main issue is i need to circulate the air in the buidling and we have had rh outside of 80-90% pretty constant. When the weather drops this drops the outside rh. this has meant im able to turn 80-90% outside rh into 40-505 inside the tent, so im winning half the battle. The main issue is to do this im running a standard dehumidifier at full whack 24/7 and i have 2 fan heaters running nearly 24/7 blowing warm dry air into the groom. This is a combined running of 1.9kw and it appears it hasnt done the job.

So if i want to contue to grow out there i need to step up my game, cost is something i can do without byt current running cost is killing me and not doing the job. There are 2 options i can see that will help me out.

Refrigerant Dehumidifier

This will cost a lot more but is more what im used to using. its large to which im not keen on.

Desiccant Dehumidifier

these are smaller, claim to remove more water and are half the price.

both models are full on insustrial dehumidifiers. has anyone had any experience with the 2 different types? or any other options?

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Re: Refrigerant Dehumidifier v Desiccant Dehumidifier

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

How much are these models K? I was thinking of getting a humidifer from screwfix around the £120 mark as I have a similar issue in my loft in the rainy valleys.

The two pics you posted I haven't seen so I'm guessing they ain't on amazon.

Stay irie.

diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

We have one similar to the top image. It can take out over 2 litres of water a day. It's an old model though and the wattage is rather high. 600w IIRC
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Run to waste is a good option to get, saves keep emptying the water storage unit.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:How much are these models K? I was thinking of getting a humidifer from screwfix around the £120 mark as I have a similar issue in my loft in the rainy valleys.

The two pics you posted I haven't seen so I'm guessing they ain't on amazon.

Stay irie.
The top is £1300 bottom Is £500. Extreme to say the least. I have a borrowed household one here that's running 24/7 on 20% humidity setting. It's not chucking out enough air is the problem.

I'm leaving towards the cheaper version not cos it's cheaper but I can get 2 for the price of the top one, they will fit inbetween each 4 plants and are also fans to, so will move the lower rh air much better.

Crazy money for sure but as the weather gets warmer this will get worse. I'm growing for meds now to so it has to be dialled in. When you look at the cost of the rest of the kit it's worth it.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

The Aspie Toker wrote:We have one similar to the top image. It can take out over 2 litres of water a day. It's an old model though and the wattage is rather high. 600w IIRC
The top one runs at about 800w, the bottom 500w. Given I'm running 2 fan heater much more than needed and a 300w dehumidifier at 300w 24/7 atm it's actually less watts for the same job.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

kbag wrote:Run to waste is a good option to get, saves keep emptying the water storage unit.
Have you seen these working k? The bottom ones, is it just water that's comes out or hot air as well?

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Keeno wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:03 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:We have one similar to the top image. It can take out over 2 litres of water a day. It's an old model though and the wattage is rather high. 600w IIRC
The top one runs at about 800w, the bottom 500w. Given I'm running 2 fan heater much more than needed and a 300w dehumidifier at 300w 24/7 atm it's actually less watts for the same job.
It could be 800w. I know when I looked at it ages ago, my jaw dropped. It's in constant use atm in one of the wardrobes.

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Keeno wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:04 pm
kbag wrote:Run to waste is a good option to get, saves keep emptying the water storage unit.
Have you seen these working k? The bottom ones, is it just water that's comes out or hot air as well?
The run to waste is just water. On mine i attach a lump of hose and run it out of the tent into a container. When i used my shed for growing i had the waste run out the wall of the shed and basically left to just soak away. In the winter they also help to keep temps up in the tent. What can be a negative during the summer. I think mine runs at 225w would have to check that though.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

kbag wrote:
Keeno wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:04 pm
The run to waste is just water. On mine i attach a lump of hose and run it out of the tent into a container. When i used my shed for growing i had the waste run out the wall of the shed and basically left to just soak away. In the winter they also help to keep temps up in the tent. What can be a negative during the summer. I think mine runs at 225w would have to check that though.
Sorry for a million questions k. So yours is a dissident one like the bottom pic?

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”