Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Smokey’s Real World “BYGR”

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Smokey

Re: Smokey’s Real World “BYGR”

Post by Smokey »

Hi guys back with another instalment of the build. And things are heating up orrrrr cooling down either way so sincere Apologies for the late update but things were pretty quiet over Christmas and the new year but it’s all hands on deck again with the build. Ok so today the insulation arrived for the attic and I didn’t cut any corners this is nasa grade super quilt and it was not cheap lol buuuut it is more than up to the job!! By doing this I gain control of the GrowRoom it’s self temp wise I save money on central heating keep the choppers at bay annnnnnnd hopefully keep the critters away All very valuable little aspects to help me on this journey ok so enough of the small talk

Here’s the product now let’s see what I can do with it. I plan on spending a good few hours up there tonight fitting all so will make updates in the interim

Super Quilt X4 rolls

Like Arnold “I’ll be back”

Cheers

Smokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Smokey this is a mad thread. Your fairly dedicated! None of my... That will do bs here :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I honestly don't think its overkill dude It adds many many values and safety first more importantly, New house etc so i figured i may as well get it all done at the start then it would be far less of a pain to install. only by doing this its added an enormous work load to the build !! today i have been mostly re routing extraction to kick it right out of the area and up into the sky this stuff is mega cosy by that i mean warm ive been sweating all day but now the extractions done its cooling down nicely - Game on

Cheers

Smokes

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

sparky tape on fan/filters a goodun tho mate hahaha

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Nout wrong with sparky tape bro it gets the joins nice and airtight

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Ok so excuse the mess and lack of lighting but this is where I’m at it’s a bit of war zone at the moment but slowly

So some of the quilt is up now it’s been tough juggling around everything whilst cutting 6m lengths on my own but 60% is up I’d say first pinned only though using clout nails it has been a bit of a wrestle and very time consuming as I have had to re route all the extractions but slowly slowly

Again awful pics I’m sorry but I will be able to get my strip light up tomorrow which will brighten everything up

Not looking too great atm but I will get it spick and span soon

Cheers

Smokes

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Very professionally Smokey, fair play buddy. What are you using for the walls?

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

It’s 40mm super quilt pal it’s NASA grade lol it’s the equivalent to 200mm celotex but a lot easier to manage it’s going to save us money in the long run on central heating etc so I will pay for itself soon enough pal

Cheers

Smokes

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Viz wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:43 pm
Well impressed mate, how do you fix it to the roof thingys? You just used clout nails into the wooden bits?

I might have to explore this a touch more. Inspired I am.
Yes indeed I had planned on using staples BUT after a few i changed to clout nails as i felt they gave much better purchase and yes they are nailed to the rafters thus leaving a nice cavity behind the qullt to the roof felt and tiles (please note here the roof is wrapped around in breathable felt NOT bitumen !! under the roof tiles) its very important for the loft to be able to breathe if your roof does have the bitumen you will need to install roofing vents before insulating, This way your temps will remain the same at the height of summer as the dead of winter NO more adjusting my fan controllers through the seasons once they are dialled in to that sweet spot.

Hope this helps a bit

Mon the upgrades

Cheers,

Smokes :Stoned:

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I now feel the need to buy a nail gun

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”