Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Wardrobe build.

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Wardrobe build.

Post by Herbalist »

Paul_led wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:46 pm
Got to love a stealth build , my first mess about was a tall pc tower with a cfl in the top lol managed 1oz off an auto and decided to go big or go home lol

Paul
I do love a pc grow. Would be a good groom for a canna bonsai.
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

How are you indending to grow? As in what medium and method?
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
Herbalist (Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:25 am)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

Nom wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:36 am
How are you indending to grow? As in what medium and method?
Hand watering in good old mud and scrogging the shit out of it :cowby:
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post:
Nom (Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:49 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Herbalist wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:20 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:15 pm
I'm loving the drobe build Herby. :)
Thank you kindly, good sir. I have done the intake as passive from the room (appart from being in a new bedroom and can no longer draw air from the wall cavity) so i can run the chest of draws into it like i did the tent. Should be completly stealth if i can find a silent fan for circulation.
This is quietist fan I've bought, i forgot who recommended it on here but yes a great buy and 2 speeds ideal for drobe, i bought from E-Bay but theirs not any on their but i found one here cheap . https://hygrow.co.uk/product/maxibright ... n-fan-20w/
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:11 pm) • Herbalist (Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Herbalist wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:45 am
Nom wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:26 am
I'd probably look at putting the filter in the other side and making a hole for ducting, might give you a bit more height which can be useful
I was thinking about that until the Mrs said she wants to use the smaller side for its intended purpose :lol: was also toying with the idea of having my fan and filter on top of the drobe but that doesnt help with being stealth much.
I'll be scrogging in this so height shouldnt be too much of an issue, fingers crossed.
wutang wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:49 am

Agree mate.

I made an Ikea "Growdrobe"

I had challenges with heat and height and general space...but I think some of that was due to the fact it was in the shed in a hot summer, with NFT running. Results were poor but that was due to me not understanding the plants needs...needless to say I learnt a lot, very quickly when they weren't happy.

Goodluck with the growdrobe dude...

In order to prevent lights. I used some black 3m tape from lidl...3.50 a roll I think. Attached it onto one side of the door with 50% of the sticky bit folded back onto itself..enough to create a lip so the other door rested nicely on top of it. For the bottom, I used adhesive rubber draft strips. For the extraction I drilled a 100cm whole on top..my fan and everything was inside.
Cheers Wu, good tip about the tape 👌 i might indeed use that. I was also toying with the idea of butchering the tent and stapling the door to the inside of the wardrobe but then im back to dealing with an annoyingly loud zip.
hi bud,just to say unless your other half enjoys odour de skunk do not store clothes unless in vaccumn packs,cost me £80 getting tinas fur coat de stunk!
drobes rock. :nice: good luck.
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:34 pm) • Inactive account (Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:41 am)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

So i went and ordered one of these.
https://amzn.eu/d/cIuZ0kL
2 sets of 2, 120mm pc cooling fans with a speed controler.
ImageImage
It came with a sketchy molded plug.Image so swapped that out for one with a 3A fuse.
I have mounted one of the of the fan sets permanently up high using a scrap bit of chamfered skirting board to give me a bit of angle. ImageImage
The fans down low are mounted to a couple of regular shelf brackets and are able to be moved around if needed. All mounting points have been sandwiched with little sticky back foam patd to help with any vibrations. With the doors closed and them running at full speed its ALMOST completely silent.

Excuse the mess. I will clean up eventually and do some cable management.

Thanks for checking in. ✌️
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post (total 3):
Vador (Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:10 pm) • fabi420 (Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:16 pm) • biosynthetic (Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:28 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Nice, those pc fans should help circulate the air in there, also makes good points for co2 injection down the line. I did just that in my first wardrobe build
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:11 pm) • duke (Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:53 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

Vador wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:10 pm
Nice, those pc fans should help circulate the air in there, also makes good points for co2 injection down the line. I did just that in my first wardrobe build
I thought about building it into a closed loop system but a bit out of my budget for the time being. Maybe just some exhale bags or something. 🤔
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post:
duke (Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:54 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

It can be done on the cheap, if you can get a good deal on a cylinder your laughing, gumtree and local groups on fb are a good place to look, if you can get one with the regulator even better, one like welders use wojld be perfect.
To control the flow i used a 12v solenoid valve rigged up to an old phone charger that id run on a timer.
My biggest problem was using hps at the time, i couldnt turn off the fans due to the heat so it was a bit wasteful, nowadays with some of these ultra cool running led pannels im tempted to go the co2 route again
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Herbalist (Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:49 pm)

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

this build is very interesting :) good job!
These users thanked the author Rorschach for the post:
Herbalist (Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:50 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”