Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Carbon filters

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: Carbon filters

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Hobbit wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:37 pm
Aspie My fan is boxed ontop of the tent and filter is outside as well. Ducting hangs just above my shade. I folded and taped the end of the ducting so no fibreglass shows, but end of the day the fibreglass should get sucked out not fall on ya plants.
Sounds like a nice set up, mate. It's a lot of extra work for me to do that now. Maybe when I have to replace the CF. I've had it 3 years now and still going.

My hands are itching now. I think fibreglass got onto them. grrrr.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hobbit »

there are two types of acoustic ducting we get here one is fibre glass the other I cant remember what they call it. Ive used both, and although the fibreglass one is a nightmare for itching it works better. I jump in the shower asap clothes and all lol. yeah the setup is sweet mate.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

The other one is Phonic Trap. I wanted some, and was going to replace it at the same time as the tent, but I didn't have the money.

I heard that the Phonic Trap is better than the fibreglass one, as well as being quieter.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

looked it up mate the other one is made from dacron,its a polyester material. It dont ich but it doesnt do as good a job of dampening sound as does the fibreglass. A quik look at the two materials and logic will tell you fibreglass works better,its denser.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Hobbit wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:56 pm
looked it up mate the other one is made from dacron,its a polyester material. It dont ich but it doesnt do as good a job of dampening sound as does the fibreglass. A quik look at the two materials and logic will tell you fibreglass works better,its denser.
I don't know who makes Phonic Trap.

Does the dacron one look like this...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Phonic+ ... =firefox-b
https://www.google.com/search?q=Phonic+ ... 52&bih=582

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

The material looks to be the same mate, though the quality of your product sound and looks to be superior quality. Also mentions 3 layers where as the one we get has one. that rubber looking coating looks gold as well mate, as you know its ll about reducing vibration caused by friction at the end of the day

Lukeypoo
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lukeypoo »

Hey aspie
With what keeno said about having it all outside the tent and blow through would be your best and easiest bet, for the end of the ducting find a plant pot that fits snuggly inside your ducting, cut the bottom out of the plant pot then pull it out of the duct so there's a lip and you could either tighten a jubilee clip round it or use ductape to tape the pot in place and cover any exposed fiberglass
Lukeypoo✌️
✌️Lukeypoo✌️

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Lukeypoo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:39 pm
Hey aspie
With what keeno said about having it all outside the tent and blow through would be your best and easiest bet, for the end of the ducting find a plant pot that fits snuggly inside your ducting, cut the bottom out of the plant pot then pull it out of the duct so there's a lip and you could either tighten a jubilee clip round it or use ductape to tape the pot in place and cover any exposed fiberglass
Lukeypoo✌️
I may go this way when my present filter dies. It'll have to rest on top of the tent if I do though.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”