Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Carbon filters

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Carbon filters

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Hi Guys,

I am struggling to get my CF in place. The entry hole for the ducting isn't quite where I want it, making it harder to fit the CF in place.

I am looking for another 5" CF filter that's shorter than the one I have. After looking around, I don't think they exist.
The one I have is a Rhino Pro, but they all seem to be 300mm. I wouldn't mind a Viper CF as they have had good feedback, but even those seem to be the same length.

Any idea's guys?
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Donks
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carbon filters

Post by Donks »

Could you mount it vertically instead of horizontal? You might have to mess about with straps and it would also add another bend to the ducting but 300mm seems to be standard.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Donks wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:55 pm
Could you mount it vertically instead of horizontal? You might have to mess about with straps and it would also add another bend to the ducting but 300mm seems to be standard.
That's what I am trying atm. Not bloody easy doing it on your own though. I have made a plinth from empty boxes and tins and rested the CF on top. Need to get my breath back before trying to fit the acoustic ducting to it. I am hoping that will work.

Donks

Post by Donks »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:03 pm
Donks wrote:
That's what I am trying atm. Not bloody easy doing it on your own though. I have made a plinth from empty boxes and tins and rested the CF on top. Need to get my breath back before trying to fit the acoustic ducting to it. I am hoping that will work.
Haha mate that accoustic stuff is a friggin nightmare. Good luck though

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Donks wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:06 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Donks wrote:
Tell me about it. I have asthma and COPD, not to mention 5 spinal problems. I don't make things easy for myself, do I.

Donks

Post by Donks »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:08 pm
Donks wrote:
The Aspie Toker wrote:

Tell me about it. I have asthma and COPD, not to mention 5 spinal problems. I don't make things easy for myself, do I.
If i knew you locally i'd come & rig it up for you mate. Part of staying under the radar is not talking to folk as we know.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Donks wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:10 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:08 pm
Donks wrote:

If i knew you locally i'd come & rig it up for you mate. Part of staying under the radar is not talking to folk as we know.
I know, mate, and thank you.

I am also having to do this very quietly as next door are all in, and it's right next to their wall.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

can you set it outside the tent aspie, i dont do it but many will blow through the filter due to space issues?

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Keeno wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:13 pm
can you set it outside the tent aspie, i dont do it but many will blow through the filter due to space issues?
I did think of that, but quickly dismissed it. That would mean I'd have to have the fan inside the tent. That will make too much noise.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

would you need the fan inside due to space?

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”