Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Opinions please

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Re: Opinions please

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 pm
Bulls wrote:Sometimes when ambient temps are over 30 even air cooled hood won't help and LED is the only option.
They don't have air conditioning in Australia? LMAO

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
From an environmental point of view i feel enough guilt using lights, let alone ac. Besides no way Im using ac to grow plants when i dont use it on myself lol.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

From an environmental point of view, we shouldn't use lights at all when we have the sun. Right?
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Bulls wrote:Sometimes when ambient temps are over 30 even air cooled hood won't help and LED is the only option.

From an environmental point of view i feel enough guilt using lights, let alone ac. Besides no way Im using ac to grow plants when i dont use it on myself lol.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

If only I wouldn't go to prison for planting outside
integrajosh wrote:From an environmental point of view, we shouldn't use lights at all when we have the sun. Right?
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:12 am
If only I wouldn't go to prison for planting outside
integrajosh wrote:From an environmental point of view, we shouldn't use lights at all when we have the sun. Right?
Hobbit wrote:
eh?? indoor outdoor same thing here. Actually they frown harder on indoors for some reason. Both can land ya in gaol though. I had to giggle at the pic though, who the fek grows cactus under lights lol.
Last edited by Hobbit on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

I had to giggle at the pic though, who the fek grows cactus under lights lol.
Last edited by Hobbit on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hobbit wrote:I had to giggle at the pic though, who the fek grows cactus under lights lol.
Lmao, spoiling thos succulents

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 am
Hobbit wrote:I had to giggle at the pic though, who the fek grows cactus under lights lol.
Lmao, spoiling thos succulents

yeah bro ffs lol . Any way while we talking cactus they are an amazing little plant. I usually can find an odd/ different/interesting thing in most genus of plants. What makes cactus interesting is their respiration and transpiration. Lol couldnt help myself, check it out lol.

Cactus spines are produced from specialized structures called areoles, a kind of highly reduced branch. Areoles are an identifying feature of cacti. As well as spines, areoles give rise to flowers, which are usually tubular and multipetaled. Many cacti have short growing seasons and long dormancies, and are able to react quickly to any rainfall, helped by an extensive but relatively shallow root system that quickly absorbs any water reaching the ground surface. Cactus stems are often ribbed or fluted, which allows them to expand and contract easily for quick water absorption after rain, followed by long drought periods. Like other succulent plants, most cacti employ a special mechanism called "crassulacean acid metabolism" (CAM) as part of photosynthesis. Transpiration, during which carbon dioxide enters the plant and water escapes, does not take place during the day at the same time as photosynthesis, but instead occurs at night. The plant stores the carbon dioxide it takes in as malic acid, retaining it until daylight returns, and only then using it in photosynthesis. Because transpiration takes place during the cooler, more humid night hours, water loss is significantly reduced.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Damn, that's really cool. I've always wondered why the cactus sitting on my porch hasn't died, haven't watered the f*** in ages

Unknown User
Been thanked: 0

Post by Unknown User »

Hobbits right. I've got 600w cool tube digital atm but found it gets to hot even with temps in the high 20s let alone in summer when my house can heat up to 43deg C in the spare room where the tent is. Got outdoor going ok (fingers crossed) atm but I like to keep learning. If gear only lasts a year I don't mind because it givese a chance to see if I like growing that way.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Aqua wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:16 am
Hobbits right. I've got 600w cool tube digital atm but found it gets to hot even with temps in the high 20s let alone in summer when my house can heat up to 43deg C in the spare room where the tent is. Got outdoor going ok (fingers crossed) atm but I like to keep learning. If gear only lasts a year I don't mind because it givese a chance to see if I like growing that way.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

They handle heat much better outside youll be right.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”