Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

setting up ecotechnics evolution

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Ghost_In_A_Jar

Re: setting up ecotechnics evolution

Post by Ghost_In_A_Jar »

I have one on each tent. Awesome bits of kit that should save you a fair bit in the long run 👍

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

BombayBudBoy wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:32 pm
Have heard alot of good things about them so had to try it out as will make life so much easier. One thing I may have fucked up on though is that I'm running an 8inch ac fan and a 6inch ac fan, both supposed to be silent but I'm getting a bit of a humming noise and I've just seen something about it being common over 6inches. Anyone had any history with this?
I'm running a 5" rvk and I think the min i set it at was 40 or 45% and I got little to none humming. I think the bigger the fan and you slow it down, you'll naturally get a little humming. If you gradually turn the min on the extraction fan up does the hum start to disappear?
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Nom (Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:56 am)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

You'll get a little hum with that style of fan controller, some fans are a bit worse and some are a bit better. The only other way with ac fans is to use a step controller/variac which won't produce a hum. When you dim an ac fan it'll still use the same amount of leccy though. Ec fans are the future imo although can still be pricey, when you dim an ec fan it'll use less leccy and won't produce a hum and you can get some nice controllers. I've not used a trollmaster but I've heard good things but they do cost. I have a gas enviro v2/revolution vector (expensive) and an ac infinity t6/controller 67 (cheaper). Both work well, but the enviro v2 has alot more tweakability at the switch, that said it's all achievable in much cheaper ways. If i was to set up now from scratch and was penny pinching I'd go ac infinity and a couple inkbirds personaly.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”