Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Auto PH EC controller Build

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Nanook
Respected Member

Auto PH EC controller Build

Post by Nanook »

Right you dodgy bunch! I managed to aquire one of these off egay yesterday cheap ( rrp is something mental into the thousands! )

Now... this is a controller without pumps etc and outputs 240V AC - first thoughts were peristaltic pumps.... however on a small grow I can imagine over dosing is easily done. ( I have no idea how refined the controller is, some only allow 5-30mins frequencies - so other than a majorly diluted solution this is not an option )

Second thought.... Hospital IV pump - VERY precise however with a controller kicking in and out, they usually require setup per dose, and have a battery backup so when the controller cuts the feed, it would continue - NO USE!

Third thought - Syringe driver.... swaying towards this tbh, trying to find one that will autostart when power is applied with no manual buttons to be pressed - possibly rewiring a hospital one but I might also need a pot to limit the speed it works at on full voltage!

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone done anything mad like this before?
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Auto PH EC controller Build

Post by Bulls »

It's like talking Chinese to me. Got no idea. Like I am listening to Musk speaking about artificial intelligence.. you better get in touch with him mate surely he will sort something out for this situation :laugh:

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

hahahaha bulls, B.G ( the ugly fecker ) is going to have a word with a mate for me regarding this also - fully automated yo!

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I had no idea you spoke Japanese Grouse !!!!!
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

What does the unit use as a standard if you bought it as an all in one kit?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

gmo its not like that, it plugs into pumps. I want fine controll pumps mate, not 300L/h etc. I can make it control any speed/type of pump

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Black Grouse wrote:gmo its not like that, it plugs into pumps. I want fine controll pumps mate, not 300L/h etc. I can make it control any speed/type of pump
Ahh yea, I get ya. I was just thinking if you knew the standard option you could reverse engineer the specs to meet your requirements

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I think its a universal depending on the scale - when I get it I can see how refined you can make it as well, it might do 1 second bursts meaning a bigger pump could be suited etc - I personally want a 1ml/H or similar pump so if it asks for an hour thats all it gets if that makes sense. Over engineered both ends for safety :)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Black Grouse wrote:I think its a universal depending on the scale - when I get it I can see how refined you can make it as well, it might do 1 second bursts meaning a bigger pump could be suited etc - I personally want a 1ml/H or similar pump so if it asks for an hour thats all it gets if that makes sense. Over engineered both ends for safety :)
I get what ya mean mate. You almost want just a portion doser with a single dump and refill

The smallest single stage pump I could find was 5v 100l/h pump

I'll need to look into it further really but I'd be looking for something like gravity fed 1ml syringe doser with a servo actuator

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Medical syringe drivers do 0.1ml/h but... I'd have to modify one to auto start stop and throttle down as max is like 100l/h

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”