Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Pump Sprayer Recommendations

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
sybarite
Known User

Pump Sprayer Recommendations

Post by sybarite »

Hello all, can anyone recommend a good pump sprayer? I'm on my second 'Hozelock 4707 0000 Pressure Sprayer Plus 7 Litre' (link below) and both of them failed after the second use, with air leaking from the large threaded part of the pump handle after just 10 pumps (it should be able to handle up to 30 pumps). With the second one I was careful not to shake the sprayer to mix the contents in case one of the products was corroding the o-ring, so just stirred it instead, but it still failed. Silicon grease on the o-ring did not help either, as suggested. I had a cheaper (£11) Kingfisher one before, which also developed an air leak. I now have a Chapin 1380 – 11.2ltr Premier Series, but it was expensive and some reviews said that leaks too. I have not had chance to properly test that yet, so too early to tell if it will also have a similar issue.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006L6MADC

:thanks:

MrNice
Respected Member

Re: Pump Sprayer Recommendations

Post by MrNice »

Dammmm bro bad luck u had

Ive bourght one from Argos dont seem to bad used in the gardem mostly

Streetwize 5L Portable Power Sprayer With Adjustable Nozzle £20.00

some on the ebay just had a look not bad price

If your getting air leaks try some PTFE tape round the threads seal the air gaps

l8ter

mn
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
sybarite (Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:42 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Thanks @Mr Nice, yes, unlucky me :lol:

I did consider using PTFE tape, but was annoyed at having to repair a brand new product with such a bodge job, so I just returned them both.

I will check out the one you suggested.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
MrNice (Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:27 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

My advice to you is don’t cheap out on a sprayer, I use them for work and most of them are shite, tried b&q ones that have split, others that uses cheap rubbers that break down when coming into contact with chemicals.

One thing to look out for is Viton seals, they last a lot longer than normal rubber seals and can withstand chemicals.

I can personally recommend the kale sprayers

https://mosskillers.co.uk/spraying-equi ... n-sprayers

They last ages, I leave them with sodium hypochlorite in and the seals are just fine, if you want a decent manual sprayer I’d get one of them, if you want an electric sprayer then you want the big boy 2, it’s not cheap but the thing is a beast
https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/p ... al-sprayer
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 3):
sybarite (Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:17 pm) • Tictok (Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:45 pm) • Growmie (Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Should have mentioned the kale sprayers come in 3 different sizes, the one in the picture is the biggest, also spare parts can be bought separately, I’ve broken a few handles on the kale sprayers but they take a lot of abuse, for in the garden you’d probably never have to buy a spare part for one
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 3):
sybarite (Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:17 pm) • Tictok (Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:43 pm) • Growmie (Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Thanks @Vador, very helpful. I had not heard of the Kale brand until now.

The Chapin one I now have is epoxy coated steel and has Viton seals, so I'm hoping it will last, but cost £85 and more than I hoped to spend, so if it fails after a week's use I'll send it back and try a Kale.

This is the Chapin: https://metexonline.com/product/chapin- ... l-sprayer/
Vador (Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:27 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

That sounds like it should be more than adequate @sybarite
I’d have thought you can get spare parts for it as well, did it come with any paperwork? If so then have a look in there and you’ll probably find a parts list for it, the pump handle looks like it would be a straight swap with mine.
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
sybarite (Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:55 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

@Vador, there is paperwork, including a lifetime warranty (not sure that applies outside USA). It doesn't have a parts list as such, but spares are available here: https://www.raptorsupplies.co.uk/b/chapin

One thing I've just discovered that concerns me is on the official Chapin website most of the sprayers have a 'cancer and reproductive harm' warning, saying they don't comply with California Proposition 65. Apparently, it's the brass wand: https://chapinmfg.com/collections/sprayers

The possibility of lead leaching into living soil seems extremely bad to me.

:oh-shit:
Vador (Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:44 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Yeah you find that a lot now with things from the states, they have to warn you about the risk from the materials
I bought a polymer magazine for my gun and imagine my shock when it had warning signs on it saying could be bad for your health
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
sybarite (Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:06 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Interestingly, the customer support at https://buildasoil.com/, where I discovered Chapin sprayers and who use them for watering living soil, reckon I should not be too concerned about the health warnings, "especially if utilizing silica and aloe supplementation in living soil, as they help to mitigate any heavy metal concerns".

I'd like a second opinion if anyone knows more?
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:41 am) • Vador (Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:40 am)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”