Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Pump Sprayer Recommendations

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Growmie

Re: Pump Sprayer Recommendations

Post by Growmie »

sybarite wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:16 am
Growmie wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:33 pm
This probably won't help anyone, but just in case, I thought mine was broken until I completely unscrewed the end and gave it a good clean out and now it seems fine again. Might be worth a shot before going out buying a new one. Mine a was a cheap homebase special and still seems alright after the clean lol. Just a thought.
Thanks Growmie. I tried cleaning all of the previous sprayers and applied silicon grease to the o-rings too, but no joy. The issue with the Hozelock ones was especially weird, as they appear to be well made - the fact that they held pressure the first day, but leaked the next and both failed in exactly the same way, and with one of them I only used pure water, thinking maybe the fulvic/humic/guano were corroding the o-rings :idn:. After that happened I felt the urge to find something more durable.

I've been using the Kale 9 for a few days now and never thought I'd say this about a garden sprayer, but it's awesome and well worth the money. One thing I forgot to mention that I liked is the pressure regulator control, which I never thought I'd use, but it's ideal for watering small clones or seedlings, as the full-power spray is quite powerful compared to others I've used, so having the feature to reduce the flow on the fly is very useful.
No worries bro, I assumed you probably had, but was worth a shot just in case. I assumed it was the nutes burning the inside away aswell so it's interesting to hear that it was probably more down to quality control. As I said my homebase cheapie is back to good working condition. I think my one has a similar feature by the sound of it, it has a small valve that you can pull to adjust the pressure to your liking it is very handy! That coupled with the adjustable nosel makes it, as you say, alot easier for smaller plants/spaces.

I think when this packs up I will have to invest a bit more though and perhaps get one that goes on the back like ghost busters if you've seen those haha
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post:
sybarite (Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:21 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Growmie wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:54 pm
I think when this packs up I will have to invest a bit more though and perhaps get one that goes on the back like ghost busters if you've seen those haha
Any sprayer from the moss killers website I linked above should be more than adequate for any gardeners needs, the kale ones i can personally recommend but going from experience everything I’ve bought from mosskillers has been top quality, they do sell the backpack ones as well.
If you got the spare wonga and want a decent electric backpack sprayer then look at the big boy 2 I linked above, awesome bit of kit, although rather you than me carrying one of them around on your back, you’d be wiser to get a bigger capacity sprayer and putting a long hose on it so you don’t have to carry it around.
Backpack sprayers are a bad idea, I think the idea is to carry it on your back when it’s empty or just for moving it from one place to another when full, it’s too much using it for any extended period of time.
Window cleaning websites are the place to look at these sorts of things, you’ll find loads of attachments for small hoses, like hozelock to 8mm barb or 8mm push fit.

Dead easy to modify these things to your needs
You can go from one of those sprayer Lance and nozzles up to hozelock and 13mm hose then straight to standard aquarium pump, that way pump straight from a barrel if you wanted, 25L barrels or 100L butt it’s totally up to you
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Growmie (Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm) • sybarite (Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I really do not have any need for one of these sprayers... But I've ordered one anyway!

:running-around:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 3):
Growmie (Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:40 pm) • Vador (Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:59 pm) • sybarite (Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 pm)

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

Vador wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:22 pm
Growmie wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:54 pm
Any sprayer from the moss killers website I linked above should be more than adequate for any gardeners needs, the kale ones i can personally recommend but going from experience everything I’ve bought from mosskillers has been top quality, they do sell the backpack ones as well.
If you got the spare wonga and want a decent electric backpack sprayer then look at the big boy 2 I linked above, awesome bit of kit, although rather you than me carrying one of them around on your back, you’d be wiser to get a bigger capacity sprayer and putting a long hose on it so you don’t have to carry it around.
Backpack sprayers are a bad idea, I think the idea is to carry it on your back when it’s empty or just for moving it from one place to another when full, it’s too much using it for any extended period of time.
Window cleaning websites are the place to look at these sorts of things, you’ll find loads of attachments for small hoses, like hozelock to 8mm barb or 8mm push fit.

Dead easy to modify these things to your needs
You can go from one of those sprayer Lance and nozzles up to hozelock and 13mm hose then straight to standard aquarium pump, that way pump straight from a barrel if you wanted, 25L barrels or 100L butt it’s totally up to you
They do look very nice mate, I think you've sold me already to be honest! I just wanted to look like a ghostbuster :rolf: but now you've put it that way yeah I don't really fancy carrying all those liters around everywhere haha, it's probably way over kill for me anyway so I'll probably just get one of the smaller ones for now until needs must and all.

I think further down the line the barrel idea sounds ideal. Thanks for all the info mates but also not so much for thinning my wallet :thx: :rolf: :lol:
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post (total 2):
Vador (Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:59 pm) • sybarite (Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”