Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Pump Sprayer Recommendations

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Vador
Known User

Re: Pump Sprayer Recommendations

Post by Vador »

Personally I don’t think you’ll find anything better @sybarite , there’s loads on a par with kale but they are right up there with the best of the best.
I bought 3, two were for different chemicals and the other a spare, ended up selling the spare cos it never got used.
Got through loads of sprayers over the years, mainly from leaving sodium hypochlorite in them for more than a day, when your finished your meant to empty them out and rinse with water but who does that?
these kale ones though take everything you throw at them, which includes leaving them full of chemicals for months on end, next time I go to use it it just works.
The kales have been put into storage now and I’m using the big boy sprayer but that’s cos I’m too lazy to pump handles any more

You get a nice little selection of attachments with the kale as well don’t you, different nozzles and things, keep the booklet though cos it’s got a full parts list for future reference.
Also they all use generic fittings so parts are interchangeable between sprayers normally so you can customise it with your favourite Lance and nozzle combination, or an extra long hose so you don’t need to carry the sprayer around with you
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
sybarite (Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:38 pm) • Growmie (Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Had one fall off a roof before too, only about an 8ft drop but the sprayer was under pressure when it hit the floor, went down picked it up and kept using it like nothing happened lol, tough as nails these kale
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
sybarite (Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:38 pm)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

I use Spear and Jackson. Had two of em for over a year with no problems.
It was either Amazon or eBay one is much cheaper than other.
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
Vador (Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:49 pm) • sybarite (Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:14 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Thanks @Treetrunk. I had looked at the Spear & Jackson ones, which, if we are talking about the same thing, look almost identical (apart from the colours and branding) to the Kingfisher one I had already owned that started leaking air where the hose attaches to the container and apparently it's a common issue with that type of sprayer, so I had to look for something else: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingfisher-PS4 ... B000TAWBBC

At least they are cheap, so not too disappointing if they break.

Hozelock are meant to be a good brand for garden hoses and sprayers, but not in my experience. Perhaps my RO water was too pure for them to handle :lol:
Last edited by sybarite on Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
Treetrunk (Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:33 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Vador wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:10 pm
Had one fall off a roof before too, only about an 8ft drop but the sprayer was under pressure when it hit the floor, went down picked it up and kept using it like nothing happened lol, tough as nails these kale
That's reassuring :nice:

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Vador wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:03 pm
Personally I don’t think you’ll find anything better @sybarite , there’s loads on a par with kale but they are right up there with the best of the best.
I bought 3, two were for different chemicals and the other a spare, ended up selling the spare cos it never got used.
Got through loads of sprayers over the years, mainly from leaving sodium hypochlorite in them for more than a day, when your finished your meant to empty them out and rinse with water but who does that?
these kale ones though take everything you throw at them, which includes leaving them full of chemicals for months on end, next time I go to use it it just works.
The kales have been put into storage now and I’m using the big boy sprayer but that’s cos I’m too lazy to pump handles any more

You get a nice little selection of attachments with the kale as well don’t you, different nozzles and things, keep the booklet though cos it’s got a full parts list for future reference.
Also they all use generic fittings so parts are interchangeable between sprayers normally so you can customise it with your favourite Lance and nozzle combination, or an extra long hose so you don’t need to carry the sprayer around with you
Yes, I like the different nozzles (not tried them all yet), the wand clip on the side of the container, the base the doubles as storage for the hose and a foothold for pumping, the funnel top for easy pouring, it has such a small footprint, and also that it's orange. Good to know they are resistant to some chemicals too. Very impressed!

:thanks:
Vador (Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:36 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Glad you like it, should last you a long time
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
sybarite (Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:17 pm)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

sybarite wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:14 pm
Thanks @Treetrunk. I had looked at the Spear & Jackson ones, which, if we are talking about the same thing, look almost identical (apart from the colours and branding) to the Kingfisher one I had already owned that started leaking air where the hose attaches to the container and apparently it's a common issue with that type of sprayer, so I had to look for something else: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingfisher-PS4 ... B000TAWBBC

At least they are cheap, so not too disappointing if they break.

Hozelock are meant to be a good brand for garden hoses and sprayers, but not in my experience. Perhaps my RO water was too pure for them to handle :lol:
Probably pure is bad :lol:
I put alsorts of chemistry and salts through mine with no problems.
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post:
sybarite (Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:28 am)

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

This probably won't help anyone, but just in case, I thought mine was broken until I completely unscrewed the end and gave it a good clean out and now it seems fine again. Might be worth a shot before going out buying a new one. Mine a was a cheap homebase special and still seems alright after the clean lol. Just a thought.
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post (total 2):
Vador (Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:07 am) • sybarite (Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:55 am)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Growmie wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:33 pm
This probably won't help anyone, but just in case, I thought mine was broken until I completely unscrewed the end and gave it a good clean out and now it seems fine again. Might be worth a shot before going out buying a new one. Mine a was a cheap homebase special and still seems alright after the clean lol. Just a thought.
Thanks Growmie. I tried cleaning all of the previous sprayers and applied silicon grease to the o-rings too, but no joy. The issue with the Hozelock ones was especially weird, as they appear to be well made - the fact that they held pressure the first day, but leaked the next and both failed in exactly the same way, and with one of them I only used pure water, thinking maybe the fulvic/humic/guano were corroding the o-rings :idn:. After that happened I felt the urge to find something more durable.

I've been using the Kale 9 for a few days now and never thought I'd say this about a garden sprayer, but it's awesome and well worth the money. One thing I forgot to mention that I liked is the pressure regulator control, which I never thought I'd use, but it's ideal for watering small clones or seedlings, as the full-power spray is quite powerful compared to others I've used, so having the feature to reduce the flow on the fly is very useful.
Growmie (Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:51 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”