Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Coco 4 Pot Dripper System - Run To Waste

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Smokey

Re: Coco 4 Pot Dripper System - Run To Waste

Post by Smokey »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:47 pm
Hi Bulls,

Thanks for this post and thanks Smokey for finding it!

I want to automate my tent like this but was struggling to find anything to elevate the plants so I can catch the run off.

How are you finding using the wood? Is it holding moisture and or rotting?

I was pondering some kind of mesh racking, but all too $$$£££.
Alot of the guys are using wooden slats to raise pots fella good thing is they're cheap and easily replaceable every grow even. I know you like your set up spick and span to fella lol

Cheers

Smokes
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:30 pm
DJ Smokey wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Alot of the guys are using wooden slats to raise pots fella good thing is they're cheap and easily replaceable every grow even. I know you like your set up spick and span to fella lol

Hi Smokey,

I've used bits of 3 x 2 as jenga blocks to get the plants up and down towards the light, but never had water running over them.

I suppose replacing every grow is an option.

*Brain fart*... As is wrapping a bit of cling film around them too...?

We may have solved my problem.

:oik!:

cling film and tape BOOM, You're back in the game :rock: :rock: :rock:

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

if you don't want to use wood Marcus, get yourself either some guttering down pipe (for smaller pots) or the bigger drainage pipe for normal sized ones, cut it to length, add a few slots for any water to drain out from and put them under your pots.

There you go sorted, my consultation fee is in the post, payment within 21 days mucka

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

what you need marcus is a thingumeebober
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:54 am
I want to elevate my pots, and have some kind of underbed storage tray or two to catch the waste so it's not sitting open to the air and adding to the humidity in the tent
what about just drilling out the lid and using some garden mesh to re-enforce the lid bud? thats what i have done but am running as a wilma with the feed recirc
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Marcus wrote:
GMO wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:27 pm
Marcus wrote:
I want to elevate my pots, and have some kind of underbed storage tray or two to catch the waste so it's not sitting open to the air and adding to the humidity in the tent
what about just drilling out the lid and using some garden mesh to re-enforce the lid bud? thats what i have done but am running as a wilma with the feed recirc

I have a cunning plan GMO...

One of them, up on some blocks with a slight pitch for the run off and a hole drilled in the bottom, stick a tub underneath, catch run off, empty weekly. :oik!:

Or individual tubs, and a wet n dry vacuum. :oik!:

I got all the stuff to do that now, or do I just spend 25£ on a tray and be done with it...????
I'm excited to see what you come up with mate. I'm think about cutting a standard garland tray in half and standing on bricks like your first idea

I'm also a massive fan of paint roller trays. Lil black sheet over the deep end and they are fairly self contained

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

bloody pikeys hahaha

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Pikey or Genius you decide lol

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Bulls wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:15 pm
Hello GrowRoom420!
It is quite simple as long as you order the right things and have them in hand. All you need after that is a few cable ties and pair of scissors.

1. Water butt - I am using 80L at the moment.
2. Micro-Jet MC 450 Oxy Pump
3. Iceline pipe -13mm
4. Dripper Line 3mm
5. Double Barbed Elbow 13mm
6. Double Barbed T 13mm
7. Flow Valve Gate 13mm
8. Dripper fittings 4 way
9. Drippers (blue) x 8
10. Air Pump
11. Timer~

So all I did is grabbed a pair of scissors and started. Placed my water tank on the side of my tent and measured at what height I want my line to run. Then made a hole in my tent, small enough only to fit the Iceline 13mm Flexi-Pipe(Picture 11).Placed my Water pump(Picture 12) in the near end of the water butt and cut the desired length of Iceline Flexi-Pipe I needed. Attached the pipe and the pump together and fitted the Double Barbed Elbow 13mm(Picture 9) on the top end. Then attached what's left from the Iceline and put it through the whole of the tent.

Made another whole from the opposite side of the tent at the same height so I can attach the Iceline and stay leveled.

I will be using 2 Drippers per pot so I will use 2 x 4 - Way Dripper Fittings(Picture 14). Decided which will be the best position for them and cut the Iceline on that place simply adding the Dripper Fittings in between the running Iceline as you can see on the photos. After the last Fitting I added Inline Flow Control Tap(Picture 10).

All you need to do is then cut 8 same length Dripper Line(PIcture 15) pieces and attach one end to the 4 Way dripper fittings and the other end to the Flood Drippers(Picture 3). That's it! Job done! All you need to do now is measure how much water is going through your drippers and set the timer for how long you want your system to be running every day! I will be most likely running my for 15 minutes every day 1 Hr after the lights are on and that should give me plenty of runoff that will be collected in my trays under the pots. I am getting rid of my runnoff every 4 days when I refill my water butt. Ah, and don't forget to put airpump in the water tank to mix your feed 1 hours prior feeding!

Hope that helps guys!
A+++ for that simple but effective build. I like it lots.
Marcus wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:46 pm
GMO wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:27 pm
Marcus wrote:

I have a cunning plan GMO...

One of them, up on some blocks with a slight pitch for the run off and a hole drilled in the bottom, stick a tub underneath, catch run off, empty weekly. :oik!:

Or individual tubs, and a wet n dry vacuum. :oik!:

I got all the stuff to do that now, or do I just spend 25£ on a tray and be done with it...????
I have a tray exact same with a tap at bottom on side to release the run off. Problem you got is you`ll have to build a solid base on piss leaning to one corner where run off tap/hole is or pots sink the tray down a little with weight and run off doesn`t all escape as bits hang round pots. Its no good wedging corners up and angling towards one corner ive tried it and so needed to build a proper base on an angle.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Mon the TiTs !!!

My only question, has it stolen too much height in the groom you reckon ????

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”