Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Rik's Sealed Groom In a Room

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use

Re: Rik's Sealed Groom In a Room

Post by Guest »

I have had some more idea 💡 whizzing around in my head over this. So......

I continued to search out old cold room panels. One thing that came to is the cost. Although I would be ultra efficient and thermally insulated, it would have to be cut and fettled into place, so if I needed to move it, I may have had to purchase more bits, deassemble reassemble.
So I am still keeping that as an option. I will have to list the pros and cons so it gives people reading through my barble something whoch tailors their needs and situation.

Shipping containers! This has been another option. But expensive and would need special expensive delivery for tight access. Blah blah 😑

Then I stumbled across flat pack containers. Banging. They look good, accessible and yet less expensive.

Then for half the price or more again, I found a steel corregated shed, which suits perfectly.

All will revealed and I will post more later. I have stopped my grows now and concentrate on my groom. For security reasons after moving house 🏠 and also to give me some breathing room to concentrate on this and working to pay for it!

For now though, Happy Growing Every One Of You.

These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Inactive account (Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:17 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

Right! We're on!

I have ordered what will be 12 m^2 area for my Groom

:dance: :barmy: :dance: :barmy: :dance: :barmy: :dance: :barmy: :dance: :barmy: :dance: :barmy: :dance: :barmy: :dance: :barmy:

Post by Guest »

More updates to come very soon, on how I will kit it out and get it insulated.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Looking like a lot of thinking us going into this @DIY.Rik. The YBS superquilt I used as a 2nd layer was probably enough on its own. I was up there on some very hot days with just that up before the kingspan and it was doing a good job.

If going with the metal shed would a stud wall, 200mm earthwool not be enough? Could skin it with 9mm plaster board which is cheap as chips.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:40 am) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:53 am)

Post by Guest »

Keeno wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:42 am
Looking like a lot of thinking us going into this @DIY.Rik. The YBS superquilt I used as a 2nd layer was probably enough on its own. I was up there on some very hot days with just that up before the kingspan and it was doing a good job.

If going with the metal shed would a stud wall, 200mm earthwool not be enough? Could skin it with 9mm plaster board which is cheap as chips.
:thanks: Nice one @Keeno I never thought of plaster board. I will look into that as an option.

Yeah a lot of thinking and searching around the net for various options. I will post up a few which may help some people. I did find a flat pack shipping container but these were twice the price, although very sturdy and easy to install.

One reason I chose this option is I am installing this within a double garage sized outhouse. With the apex and sloping roof, it fir perfectly into where I want it. It won't get weathered, I already have a standing of concrete to erect it all square to the ground. Happy days. This means I was hoping to get that YBS stuff you mentioned so thanks for that. It looks like the stuff they used for NASA or something? :idn:

:lol:

I found some half proce floor paint, so that has gone down on half the floor, so I can move things over to it when it dries. Then this afternoon the other half gets a coat or two and by this evening and tomorrow I can start building the tin shed. So hopefully it will last me a life time, if no rust and weathering that is. The floor was very dusty so the paint will stop any contaminents when my grow starts again. PVA on the roof too, and expanding foam filling in all the gaps to stop air and sound.

Luckily, for the floor I am taking up some old underflooring and carpet which is still just about useable for what I need. So in that will go for the floor insulation.

I havent thought about where the TV abd lazy boy sofa chair is going to fit in yet though :lol: I have a Blue Tooth speaker ready :Stoned:

This will be like my smoking/groom. I may even partition some off to eradicate light leaks. But that may just be a simple curtain or light screen of some sort.

:dance:

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Sounds like a super plan Rik can’t wait to see your end results bet it will look banging
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
Guest (Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:42 pm)

Post by Guest »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:20 am
Sounds like a super plan Rik can’t wait to see your end results bet it will look banging
Thank you Mrs B :oik!:

It will all be a little bit more secure too, plus less noise, less smell so winner winner :dance:

I do have my amazing Mrs who has helped me a great deal, without her this wouldn't have been possible.

The floor is painted so I am eager yet reluctant through lack of energy, to get the inside shed up :lol:
Inactive account (Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:43 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:20 am
Thank you Mrs B :oik!:

It will all be a little bit more secure too, plus less noise, less smell so winner winner :dance:

I do have my amazing Mrs who has helped me a great deal, without her this wouldn't have been possible.

The floor is painted so I am eager yet reluctant through lack of energy, to get the inside shed up :lol:
Well done Mrs Rik that’s wicked of her
Rome wasn’t built in a day
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
Guest (Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:10 am)

Post by Guest »

Well.... it's slowly going up! I reckon not this Friday bit the next I will be insulating the walls with the YBS foil insulation wrap that keeno has mentioned before.

It will be a little while before I can reset my tents and fully move in, but I will get there. Moving house is such a ball ache 😩 and the Mrs keeps adding to the list of things to do :lol:

By Xmas I will be in here with some plants on the go. I will start a round under the T5 and let it veg out soon. For now, more building 👷‍♂️🙌💪
Inactive account (Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:55 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

fuk me rik just buy 2 tents... put 1 inside the other job done.. :lol: na crack on bach :idn: wtf im on about. :puff puff:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Guest (Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:58 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”