Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Rik's Sealed Groom In a Room

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use

Rik's Sealed Groom In a Room

Post by Guest »

The Home Is Where The Groom Is

I have recently moved my groom to a slightly larger area :dance: No complaints here, barr the fact I have had a few leaks and the day after moving my ladies in, we had a months of rainfall in one day! :bang head: :suicide: Who sang the rain dance....? :ak:
I have partly planned, designed and priced (roughly) for the job. Although I don't think it will be quite the same as Keeno's loft build, it will be different so may give all you guys a new angle of appraoch...? :oik!:

I looked at using kingspan type insulated sheeting as you can obtain various sizes and thickness to suit. This does surprisingly come very expensive though and also by the time you have installed it and banged against it a few times with various items alomng the years there won't be much left of it.
So, trawling through the depths of the internet last night I had a brain wave :wtf: why hadn't thought of this before....? :idn: Anyway, cold room insulation sheet which has a UPVC type skin and comes 50mm to 100mm thick. This would be perfect, not only this, you can get it fairly cheap as there is a competitive market it seems, but iv differing lengths. Lovely Jubbly.

After having this idea I thought starting a discussion here would mean others could follow along or steal my idea/s :drama:

Enjoy and await the pictures, tips and tricks as I build my sealed groom in a room.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 7):
duke (Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:55 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:07 pm) • FX (Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:19 pm) • Keeno (Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:34 am) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:53 am) • Greenfingers (Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:25 am) • Stickylemonz (Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:52 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm

Re: Rik's Sealed Groom In a Room

Post by Guest »

1st comes first and that means safety

We all know plants need fresh air and so do we. Walk in freezers and cold rooms have been known to cause fatality. I will be installing an air filter for the main room but also I will be installing vents in the room so in the event of me falling asleep for instance and there is a power cut, I can still breath! :oik!:

So if you are following along, be careful and be warned.

No One Here Can Be Responsible For Your Own Build :naughty:

:thanks:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 4):
Sage (Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:53 am) • Mrs Beefheart (Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:07 pm) • Keeno (Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:30 am) • duke (Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:04 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

I suggested this before to nanook, i use to build walk in cold rooms for mcd's and others with this stuff and always thought it would make a really good groom, easy to work with too. Me and a mate would throw up a working 20 foot container sized cold room to be dropped in in a couple of days. If ya need any help buddy gis me a shout
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 am) • duke (Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:04 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Solid idea that mate.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
Guest (Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:46 am)

Post by Guest »

Nom wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:58 am
I suggested this before to nanook, i use to build walk in cold rooms for mcd's and others with this stuff and always thought it would make a really good groom, easy to work with too. Me and a mate would throw up a working 20 foot container sized cold room to be dropped in in a couple of days. If ya need any help buddy gis me a shout
Yeah, where are all the cheapest suppliers :puff puff: :lol:

:thanks:

Post by Guest »

GHO wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:10 am
Solid idea that mate.
Nice one :-) I don't know why I didn't think of it before or put it in my plans.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Ah well panels aint cheap ya see, ebays ya best bet for some secondhand jobbies
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
Guest (Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:02 am)

Post by Guest »

Nom wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:20 pm
Ah well panels aint cheap ya see, ebays ya best bet for some secondhand jobbies
Thanks 😊

It actually works as cheap when taking other things into consideration. Plus these look like they assemble with ease.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Aye their well worth it I reckon mate, just need a few tubes of mastic and an allen key to lock them together, run some ally angle in all the corners and some short self tapping screws to secure it, bobs ya uncle and fannys ya aunt
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
Guest (Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:15 pm)

Post by Guest »

Nom wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:00 pm
Aye their well worth it I reckon mate, just need a few tubes of mastic and an allen key to lock them together, run some ally angle in all the corners and some short self tapping screws to secure it, bobs ya uncle and fannys ya aunt
Yes I can source cheap edgings, soffit and facia type fittings, that's not a problem.

It's just funds holding me back so it will be a slow but sure old process 🐌

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”