Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Omega Digi-Pro 600w Dimmable Digital Ballast

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Omega Digi-Pro 600w Dimmable Digital Ballast

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Hi Guys,

As some of you know, I'm looking to upgrade to HPS and that I've been recommended by a few of you the Omega Digi-Pro 600w Dimmable Digital Ballast.

I've tried to find out if it has some kind of built in Faraday cage or not. I did notice another ballast (more expensive) that does have one. Most threads about the Omega seem to be rather old and the technology could have easily moved on since then.

In my (rather small) bedroom, I have a TV, XBox, Sky box, PC and monitor, as well as my tent. However, my tent is right next to the neighbour's wall. Will the Omega affect anything nearby? The last thing I want is for the ballast to screw about with things in their house, let alone mine.

Thank you
TAT
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Omega Digi-Pro 600w Dimmable Digital Ballast

Post by Keeno »

Morning Aspie,

I use omega as you know and mine was set up on a chest of drawers along side phones cgharging, tv, xbox at one point, sky box ect, within 40 cm pf it all never had a issue. Tbh ive never heard of anything like what your asking happening to anyone with any ballast.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Solid question Aspie mate.

I've heard of ballasts affecting fans to produce a hum but never heard of anyone experiencing they issues you have listed mate

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Thanks for answering, guys. I've read that some ballasts can interfere with other electrical items. Something to do with radio frequencies.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”