Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Heat Mat

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Heat Mat

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Hi Guys,

I already have a heat mat, but it's not large enough for 3 plants. I spotted this and would like people's opinions...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Komodo-Advan ... :rk:1:pf:0

The one I am looking at is the 39w version. It will fit in the tent and is wide enough to fit the Wilma pots.

My main concern is water as the pots will have some run off from time to time (most will be drained in the sink, so there shouldn't be a lot of water resting on them)

The other problem will be the length of lead for it to reach the plug, but I am sure I can get around that somehow.

Thanks guys.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Heat Mat

Post by GMO »

Could you take your plants out and slide it underneath the tent to make it a little more water protected?

Tbh this is what I've started doing. Just pop a 18-40w heat mat under the actual tent

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

GMO wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:06 pm
Could you take your plants out and slide it underneath the tent to make it a little more water protected?

Tbh this is what I've started doing. Just pop a 18-40w heat mat under the actual tent

I doubt it, and if I could, it's not a job I would fancy doing. It would be easier to plug it in that way though.

I have a Vitopod and other heat mats, but they don't have the length as the one in the link has.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

aspie are ewe growing inside ? :Stoned:

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
GMO wrote:

I doubt it, and if I could, it's not a job I would fancy doing. It would be easier to plug it in that way though.

I have a Vitopod and other heat mats, but they don't have the length as the one in the link has.
It's real easy mate. Once pots are out the tents top heavy anyway so just slide it out an inch and then lean again the poles while you slip the heat mat under

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

GMO wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:25 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
GMO wrote:

It's real easy mate. Once pots are out the tents top heavy anyway so just slide it out an inch and then lean again the poles while you slip the heat mat under

Easy for some, mate. There's little room for moving it around. Don't forget my back is fucked and I'll have no help from anyone.

Anyway, I think the mat should be okay as it's for a vivarium, and animals do piss where they like. :)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
GMO wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:25 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote: I doubt it, and if I could, it's not a job I would fancy doing. It would be easier to plug it in that way though.

Easy for some, mate. There's little room for moving it around. Don't forget my back is fucked and I'll have no help from anyone.

Anyway, I think the mat should be okay as it's for a vivarium, and animals do piss where they like. :)
Yeah your right. You'll be fine mate

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

GMO wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:35 pm
Yeah your right. You'll be fine mate
Thank you for confirming. I thought it would be but best to ask... just in case I go down that path.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”