Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

My Loft Build.

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: My Loft Build.

Post by Keeno »

I've been trying to work out how to reduce air noise further. The phonic trap ducting is all good but the noisiest part of the system is the air leaving the system. Silencers are a option but pricey as you move through larger sizes.

I spoke to hydro and he blows air through his filter which stops the noise of air leaving the ducting but said its still louder than he would like where the air is going into the extraction fan, where most of us would have our filter.

This got me thinking about trying to have a new filter on the front of the extraction like normal and have a old filter on the end of the system. The only issue with this is it will greatly reduce the airflow. The fan pulling through and pushing through 2 filters.

I then looked at a old filter and though about removing the carbon. It would allow a lot more air through the filter carcass but should muffle thst really loud whoosh of the air leaving the system.

Ill do a video once it's set up to see if it works.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 6):
FX (Wed May 05, 2021 4:30 pm) • Guest (Wed May 05, 2021 7:36 pm) • sybarite (Wed May 05, 2021 8:59 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Sat May 08, 2021 7:02 pm) • Sage (Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 pm) • TTL (Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:23 pm)

Post by Guest »

Keeno wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:27 pm
I've been trying to work out how to reduce air noise further. The phonic trap ducting is all good but the noisiest part of the system is the air leaving the system. Silencers are a option but pricey as you move through larger sizes.

I spoke to hydro and he blows air through his filter which stops the noise of air leaving the ducting but said its still louder than he would like where the air is going into the extraction fan, where most of us would have our filter.

This got me thinking about trying to have a new filter on the front of the extraction like normal and have a old filter on the end of the system. The only issue with this is it will greatly reduce the airflow. The fan pulling through and pushing through 2 filters.

I then looked at a old filter and though about removing the carbon. It would allow a lot more air through the filter carcass but should muffle thst really loud whoosh of the air leaving the system.

Ill do a video once it's set up to see if it works.
That is a good idea!

Just a big silencer. Doesn't the silencer on a weapon have some sort of material inside which would absorb any energy i.e. noise?

Maybe have it free flowing allthe way through with some sort of cusioning to line it with?

It's hard to explain how this brain works :fight: :bang head: :lol:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Wrh (Thu May 06, 2021 6:22 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

You might try loosely filling it with sponges. Like the big open cell ones people wash their cars with. That way would help muffle the sound without restricting the air flow.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 2):
Guest (Wed May 05, 2021 10:23 pm) • Wrh (Thu May 06, 2021 6:22 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Post by Guest »

sageridder wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:30 pm
You might try loosely filling it with sponges. Like the big open cell ones people wash their cars with. That way would help muffle the sound without restricting the air flow.
Sort of thing I had in mind and wouldn't really restrict air flow. May eben balance it out better!!!
Sage (Thu May 06, 2021 3:01 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Finally be able to get in the loft tomorrow night. I've run the electric supply already. There's been a issue with the current electrics up there or at least the way they are wired. The only way round this is a raised floor which is a pain in the arse and unexpected work/cost. I may be able to get a load of 4 x 2 for nothing but that's a bit underpowered for the space it's covering. If there is enough I could pack the joists of new floor tighter together. I'll do a vid tomorrow while I'm up there but this will be all systems go this week.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 8):
The Aspie Toker (Mon May 24, 2021 11:33 pm) • Sage (Tue May 25, 2021 1:22 am) • FX (Tue May 25, 2021 1:39 am) • Josh (Tue May 25, 2021 4:24 am) • Wrh (Tue May 25, 2021 6:50 am) • MommaB (Tue May 25, 2021 6:47 pm) • Guest (Wed May 26, 2021 1:07 pm) • TTL (Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:25 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Excited to hear that you will be growing again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Sounds epic K, look forward to following your build 😎

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Quick vid.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Guest (Sun May 30, 2021 1:50 pm) • Sage (Sun May 30, 2021 11:45 pm) • Hydro (Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:23 pm)

Post by Guest »

Keeno wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Quick vid.
Does a build ever go smoothly with no niggles @Keeno .......? :lol:

Sounds like a good plan, but hot work! I'd be doing an evening shift? Be like a sauna until you get that insulation in.

So why 2 layers? What does each on do?
Keeno (Sun May 30, 2021 2:15 pm)

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

This is epic bro I’d love that space to work with my attic is just wasted space as it’s not large enough for a grow . Can’t wait to see how this turns out man 😉
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post:
Keeno (Sun May 30, 2021 2:15 pm)
Out here growing my own since 05

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”