How to use Growroom420.com gallery 101

A section with guides on how to use forum features.
GMO
GR420 Leg End

How to use Growroom420.com gallery 101

Post by GMO »

Hello all you lovely new people,

I thought id throw together a few quick points for how to get around the gallery or use some of the lesser known feature or even some which just make life a little easier.

Lets start with gallery and embedding pictures in a thread; Personal user galleries is available once members have reached a post count of 10 or more. once this is reach a member can create their personal gallery withing UCP (user control panel) by clicking their username for drop down options or avatar for direct link at the top right of the screen

uploading images into the gallery is a simple as selecting the files you wish to upload (the gallery will compress most images and remove ). once uploaded they are stored on a secure server which allows you to clear valuable phone storage space :D

To embed this image on the site there is a Image BBCode: that looks something like this [ url=https:/ /www.growroom420.com/ app.php/gallery/ image/14692 ] which can be copied and pasted directly and will display as the image like this

Or if you are updating a diary where you wish to upload a few images, the "gallery image" button above the text box will open a pop up of your uploaded gallery images for you to select as you wish

If there are any other questions or difficulties please dont hesitate to let us know

enjoy
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 8):
Minty (Sun May 03, 2020 7:51 pm) • Greenfingers (Sun May 03, 2020 8:12 pm) • flip (Sun May 03, 2020 8:18 pm) • Ohitshim (Sun May 03, 2020 8:26 pm) • IMO (Sun May 03, 2020 10:40 pm) • Genetic Memory Farms (Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:59 pm) • Dex (Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:01 am) • Maximum (Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:32 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Minty
Respected Member

Re: How to use Growroom420.com gallery 101

Post by Minty »

Thanks GMO mate, very useful.

I have been personally uploading shit to the gallery (from the start as I don't want to host it anywhere else) and at one point was a little *paranoid* as I could only see mine and some other public ones so 'freaked out' thinking I done something wrong and made all mine public and annoying people...

Fuck it, no one mentioned it, so It's all cool but thanks for clarifying the Gallery and how to use it.

Useful shit mate. Can we accumulate these sorta posts into a common thread such as the Forum Guides?

I think we should promote that thread to the top level or even a sticky thread. Then we can all start populating it with useful helpful information especially for new GR420 members.

I did briefly mention it to Keeno and I think this is on the plan already so, when you have the time between all the 24/7 comps and not setting your timers mate ;o).

Myself and a couple of members on chat had been trying to help someone a few days ago and it would have been perfect to just point them to some known issues/solutions/screen shots/guides. etc.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 pm) • Hoss (Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:32 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

One Idea would be to put the new members section within the Forum Guide section. New members usually drawn to say hello so will be introduced to the guides at the same time?
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
Keeno (Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Minty wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:17 pm
One Idea would be to put the new members section within the Forum Guide section. New members usually drawn to say hello so will be introduced to the guides at the same time?
ive got a guide section under construction, ill move this there now. Good find Minty.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Minty (Sun May 03, 2020 8:56 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Keeno wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:26 pm
ive got a guide section under construction, ill move this there now. Good find Minty.
Thanks Keeno,

I don't like making guides but they are definitely the way forwards otherwise stuff gets repeated or just lost.

I think most of us would be willing to contribute content to it if it is going to be useful to others.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

GMO wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:38 am
(the gallery will compress most images and remove meta data so no worries here either).
Can anyone clarify the point about the META data please?

Can someone P.M. me the versions of the forum software we are running and what modules are installed? PhP is not great for it's security fundamental so I would be interested to look at the source code

Is the META data removed from the Video uploads as well?
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
GMO (Sun May 03, 2020 9:56 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Minty wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:28 pm
GMO wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:38 am
(the gallery will compress most images and remove meta data so no worries here either).
Can anyone clarify the point about the META data please?

Can someone P.M. me the versions of the forum software we are running and what modules are installed? PhP is not great for it's security fundamental so I would be interested to look at the source code

Is the META data removed from the Video uploads as well?
Both are custom for the forum to cover any worries

but keeno im sure can enlighten further
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Minty (Sun May 03, 2020 10:10 pm)

Return to “Forum Guides”