Welcome to the cannabis harvest, drying and curing section. Use this section to discuss techniques, ideas and anything else regarding harvesting, drying and curing cannabis plants. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Overly dry cannabis

Discuss how to harvest, dry and cure cannabis
camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Overly dry cannabis

Post by camkush »

It happens to the best of us.. you got stoned and left your recently cured cannabis jar open, or you let the cannabis hang for too long and the moisture inside isn't coming back to it once in jars. I have done it more times than anyone should in a lifetime sadly. I tried the iceberg lettuce and tried the orange peels the first time it happened. Well, the smoke got a little funny and had weird taste.

So what I like to do is go to my grow room and snip a few big leaves or some popcorn buds off a flowering plant and stick it in the jar. I recently did this with a jar containing 4 oz of cured cannabis I left out for over a day on accident.. I took 2 popcorn buds off and closed the jar for 12 hours. Once I opened the jar the cannabis was completely rehydrated and like it was a week prior. Also, the weed now has an even better smell to it.I hope this can help someone some day. Thanks for reading.
These users thanked the author camkush for the post (total 8):
MrNice (Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:38 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:52 pm) • Treetrunk (Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:00 pm) • Tictok (Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:24 pm) • Guest (Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:22 pm) • wutang (Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:04 pm) • Josh (Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:10 am) • Nom (Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:34 am)
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Overly dry cannabis

Post by Keeno »

Great tip that is Cam, ive dont it so many times myself, bloody nightmare.

MrMan
Respected Member

Post by MrMan »

good tip cam ive ready using the Boveda 62% packs in the jars can also raise the humidity if it dries out too much
“You’ll only die from cannabis if someone drops a 4kg block of it on you from a three-storey building.”

Last Diary

Kali Dog Areoponics Scrog

IF KEENO IS MENTORING YOU DO THE OPPOSITE THAT HE SAYS AND YOU'LL HAVE MONSTERS

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Thanks for the advice mate. Well handy!

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Fantastic little tip Cam i often do it myself when i think they dried to much. saying that i prefer my weed dryer than a lot ppl. I have never used Boveda packs just touch and smell is good enough for me. Main thing is not to dry to quickly if it takes 2 weeks to be ready for the jars or a month as long as the smell and touch is good. I bet the smoke and taste will be there.

islandgrower420
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by islandgrower420 »

I as well use the Boveda packs. I opted for the 58% instead of 60%. I place one on the bottom of the jar then fill er up and I place another on the top and seal it.

I do this for the first 2 weeks. Then I remove 1 pack and burp once a week. Still working on my cure methods.

I tried to use orange Peel..worked fine and my cannabis also smelled like oranges when I open the jar. That same jar to this day still smells like orange/citris so use caution when using fruit peels if you don't want to add or remove any smell or flavor.

My last crop was left out for 4 hours and went bone dry.. Was some good indica I had smoked that knocked me out. I put all buds on a tray, I soaked 2 towels very wet. I put the towels around the tray without touching bud. I put a box over the tray and towels to enclose. I checked an hour later and fully hydrated. I basically used the same method I would use to rehydrate my cigars (dish of water and a bowl to cover the cigar and bowl of water) except bigger scale.

This allowed rehydration without any added flavors or smells and without clipping a plant causing a open wound. The way I see it I'm not gonna cut a leaf off a plant to rehydrate if I don't have to. Plant needs that leaf more than I do. There are several ways to rehydrate.

Once buds no longer felt crispy and bone dry after a hour they were placed in jars with humidity packs and we are off to the races to a good cure..hopefully
Current Grow: White Widow DWC

Past Grows:
Cheese Autoflower - SOIL Indoor
UK Cheese - SOIL Indoor
King Tut Autoflower - SOIL Indoor
King Tut Photoperiod - SOIL Outdoor

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

islandgrower420 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:54 pm
I as well use the Boveda packs. I opted for the 58% instead of 60%. I place one on the bottom of the jar then fill er up and I place another on the top and seal it.

I do this for the first 2 weeks. Then I remove 1 pack and burp once a week. Still working on my cure methods.

I tried to use orange Peel..worked fine and my cannabis also smelled like oranges when I open the jar. That same jar to this day still smells like orange/citris so use caution when using fruit peels if you don't want to add or remove any smell or flavor.

My last crop was left out for 4 hours and went bone dry.. Was some good indica I had smoked that knocked me out. I put all buds on a tray, I soaked 2 towels very wet. I put the towels around the tray without touching bud. I put a box over the tray and towels to enclose. I checked an hour later and fully hydrated. I basically used the same method I would use to rehydrate my cigars (dish of water and a bowl to cover the cigar and bowl of water) except bigger scale.

This allowed rehydration without any added flavors or smells and without clipping a plant causing a open wound. The way I see it I'm not gonna cut a leaf off a plant to rehydrate if I don't have to. Plant needs that leaf more than I do. There are several ways to rehydrate.

Once buds no longer felt crispy and bone dry after a hour they were placed in jars with humidity packs and we are off to the races to a good cure..hopefully
Nice tip man, I did a write up on how I dry and cure, I've played with many methods but finally got it how I want it every time, it's in the harvesting section.

hotshot

Post by hotshot »

I like mine very dry, After I cure, I put them out in the Sunshine to get really dry.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Sweating out is another factor i find can be done in stages using air tight zip lock bags, sometimes you think the bud is dried out to the max but be sure to try and make the bud sweat this brings back a natural rehydration to the bud
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

i spy

Post by i spy »

great tip mate.

Return to “Harvesting, Drying & Curing Cannabis”