Welcome to the cannabis harvest, drying and curing section. Use this section to discuss techniques, ideas and anything else regarding harvesting, drying and curing cannabis plants. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Overly dry cannabis

Discuss how to harvest, dry and cure cannabis

Re: Overly dry cannabis

Post by Guest »

camkush wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm
It happens to the best of us.. you got stoned and left your recently cured cannabis jar open, or you let the cannabis hang for too long and the moisture inside isn't coming back to it once in jars. I have done it more times than anyone should in a lifetime sadly. I tried the iceberg lettuce and tried the orange peels the first time it happened. Well, the smoke got a little funny and had weird taste.

So what I like to do is go to my grow room and snip a few big leaves or some popcorn buds off a flowering plant and stick it in the jar. I recently did this with a jar containing 4 oz of cured cannabis I left out for over a day on accident.. I took 2 popcorn buds off and closed the jar for 12 hours. Once I opened the jar the cannabis was completely rehydrated and like it was a week prior. Also, the weed now has an even better smell to it.I hope this can help someone some day. Thanks for reading.
I have used this tip before :thanks:

I think this also shows how the leaves can contain terpenes too. Maybe something worth a try when curing anyway, I like to vape sometimes so the taste is important.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
camkush (Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:00 pm) • MrNice (Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:33 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

Iv just recently overdried my harvest I got some damp tissue in the lid of the jar for a few hrs see what that does.

I do have my tops I just topped of my vegging plants. Maybe I could place some of them in there? Iv only done it for a few hrs a day though so might have to try longer

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Grower88 for the post:
Guest (Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:04 am)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:01 pm
just remember 60 and 60.
Thats 60 degrees farenheit, and 60% RH , and dont dry them too quick and you will be golden.
You should be taking at least 7-10 days to dry, ....if not more......

Also, when you think they are dry, put them in a plastic box and have a look in a day or two, as there can still be moisture in the middle of the buds which will be drawn out by the plastic of the box.
Thanks billybob you not find the trics stick to the plastic tho

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

no, i dont to be honest
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
Grower88 (Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:21 pm)

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

Wish I'd have put it all in the same box rather then jars.

My plan this run was to put it all in 1 box plastic or not sure on that yet. With a hydrometer and keep burping the hole lot till I'm doing to a stead 65rh then jar it. I feel I'd have better success this way lol

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Grower88 for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm) • Guest (Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:04 am)

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

Reviving this discussion as I have overdried my recent blueberry harvest. Winter drying got me 😅

As per Aspie’s recommendation to use round lettuce, I decided against using my romaine in the fridge.

I am going to try the damp paper towel in the jar for an hour or so and report back the findings…

Wish I had another plant going as I would prefer to just use canna leaf but alas…

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

This is amazing Cam as I struggled with this my last harvest. Thank ya sir for the tips
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

All my grows (around 5 or 6 in total) bar this one I've overdried.

My mistake was following the stem snapping method when I hungry branches upside down to dry and dry trimmed.

This time, my best success was doing th3 following

Wet trim using a bowl trimmer.

Put inside my GQ60 on its side, with a 4 tier drying net but only used two tiers, clipped by pegs.

A small ram clip on fan, at the bottom pointing down and not directly at bud.

Room humidity was around 60% I think. Temp was around 20-22c average in the room.

5 to 6 days to dry for the less dense buds

About 7 days for dense bugs

Keeno told me a good trick to measure humidity..put some in a jar, monitor for 12hours..if it goes over 65% then put it back on the rack again for a day (I did 12 hours) and then finally got the humidity in jars at 65%. Some of my others are steady and 57%/60%

It's really brining out the aroma of the terpenes..lemon and grapefruit.

Hope that helps someone

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

wutang wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:19 pm

My mistake was following the stem snapping method when I hungry branches upside down to dry and dry trimmed.

Put inside my GQ60 on its side, with a 4 tier drying net but only used two tiers, clipped by pegs.

Room humidity was around 60% I think. Temp was around 20-22c average in the room.

Keeno told me a good trick to measure humidity..put some in a jar, monitor for 12hours..if it goes over 65% then put it back on the rack again for a day (I did 12 hours) and then finally got the humidity in jars at 65%. Some of my others are steady and 57%/60%

Hope that helps someone
Im so happy this method worked for you. I was struggling for years till I started doing it this way.

fabi420

Post by fabi420 »

Keeno wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:11 pm
wutang wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:19 pm

Hope that helps someone
Im so happy this method worked for you. I was struggling for years till I started doing it this way.
Since reading Keeno's post, I've been doing the same thing with the jar and monitor and it works perfect 💪
FLO & H2O !

Return to “Harvesting, Drying & Curing Cannabis”