Welcome to the cannabis harvest, drying and curing section. Use this section to discuss techniques, ideas and anything else regarding harvesting, drying and curing cannabis plants. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Overly dry cannabis

Discuss how to harvest, dry and cure cannabis
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Overly dry cannabis

Post by Keeno »

fabi420 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:22 pm
Keeno wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:11 pm
wutang wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:19 pm
All my grows (around 5 or 6 in total) bar this one I've overdried.

My mistake was following the stem snapping method when I hungry branches upside down to dry and dry trimmed.

This time, my best success was doing th3 following

Wet trim using a bowl trimmer.

Put inside my GQ60 on its side, with a 4 tier drying net but only used two tiers, clipped by pegs.

A small ram clip on fan, at the bottom pointing down and not directly at bud.

Room humidity was around 60% I think. Temp was around 20-22c average in the room.

5 to 6 days to dry for the less dense buds

About 7 days for dense bugs

Keeno told me a good trick to measure humidity..put some in a jar, monitor for 12hours..if it goes over 65% then put it back on the rack again for a day (I did 12 hours) and then finally got the humidity in jars at 65%. Some of my others are steady and 57%/60%

It's really brining out the aroma of the terpenes..lemon and grapefruit.

Hope that helps someone
Im so happy this method worked for you. I was struggling for years till I started doing it this way.
Since reading Keeno's post, I've been doing the same thing with the jar and monitor and it works perfect 💪
Good to hear Fabi 🙌

wutang
Known User

Re: Overly dry cannabis

Post by wutang »

Keeno wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:11 pm
wutang wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:19 pm
All my grows (around 5 or 6 in total) bar this one I've overdried.

My mistake was following the stem snapping method when I hungry branches upside down to dry and dry trimmed.

This time, my best success was doing th3 following

Wet trim using a bowl trimmer.

Put inside my GQ60 on its side, with a 4 tier drying net but only used two tiers, clipped by pegs.

A small ram clip on fan, at the bottom pointing down and not directly at bud.

Room humidity was around 60% I think. Temp was around 20-22c average in the room.

5 to 6 days to dry for the less dense buds

About 7 days for dense bugs

Keeno told me a good trick to measure humidity..put some in a jar, monitor for 12hours..if it goes over 65% then put it back on the rack again for a day (I did 12 hours) and then finally got the humidity in jars at 65%. Some of my others are steady and 57%/60%

It's really brining out the aroma of the terpenes..lemon and grapefruit.

Hope that helps someone
Im so happy this method worked for you. I was struggling for years till I started doing it this way.
The Internet is dangerous.. I must have come across the stem/twig snapping articles so many times and tried to follow th3m with failure. The method you suggested is much mor3 straight forward..less chance of missing that sweet curing spot. Thanks!

Return to “Harvesting, Drying & Curing Cannabis”