Welcome to the cannabis harvest, drying and curing section. Use this section to discuss techniques, ideas and anything else regarding harvesting, drying and curing cannabis plants. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Boveda RH packs and Burping.

Discuss how to harvest, dry and cure cannabis
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Boveda RH packs and Burping.

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:35 pm
About 11 days in and I've been popping jars and testing the last few days.

My 00seeds Blueberry tastes like cheese, the Blue Moby tastes like it shouldn't too. Gas. Both alright but not what they said on the tin.

On the upside, I got 2 phenos off the Nep Jam x Violeta crosses.
One is lemon, nice high, happy up, half closed eyes thanks to gravity, but I want to move as I'm full of energy, but there's a ghoolie holding me down and shouting in my brain about how fluffy cats are.
The other is just reminding me of Mango Haze flavour wise, this one's more euphoric and content in yourself while zipping around on a Tonka toy up the local nightclub in your mum's best frock.

Blues x PTG smells of cat pissed in trainers and teenage me's armpits after eating mircowaved frozen beefburgers before the basketball match.

And I've just realised that this isn't my diary is it... :rolf:

Ooh yeah, the boveda packs... Well. There is 1 of the Nep Jams that was still a little damp (Mango Haze one) so that's been burped and all the others haven't.
That one smells more "mature" than the others. Not so much terps when you open the jars as the others, but the terps are more prominent in that one when I bust a nug up.

So, I dunno if these packs absorb terps and then radiate them back. ??

I still think dry and vac seal in the fridge is best for me, but you do loose the bag appeal (I lost my "bag" appeal many years ago).

MON THE BRICKWEED!!!
So did you do the burping of the jars thing or not Marcus ? Just wondering if i need to carry on doing it.

Dont think they absorb terps my bud always stinks alright mate.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
duke (Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:34 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:55 pm
So did you do the burping of the jars thing or not Marcus ? Just wondering if i need to carry on doing it.

Dont think they absorb terps my bud always stinks alright mate.
I've only burped 1 jar and you've just reminded me I've not done it for a few days. :lol:
I have poked my nose in to have a tester of the other jars and they still smell like dope.

I wonder if burping is necessary at all?
Folks say it's to get rid of built up co2, but boveda packs don;t get rid of co2 do they?
And mould needs o2 to live co2 will really slow that down.

Anyway, I'm at the point now where I'm bored with my last crop so I shall start digging into this lot real soon. By the time I get to the last bits in the jars, they should be cured perfectly. :lol:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
duke (Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:33 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:46 pm
Folks say it's to get rid of built up co2, but boveda packs don;t get rid of co2 do they?
I've not got a clue and i don't have big enough cahooners to test that theory. Summink I've pondered over though many times. :lol:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:09 pm) • duke (Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:33 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:06 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:46 pm
I've not got a clue and i don't have big enough cahooners to test that theory. Summink I've pondered over though many times. :lol:
Even dope that tastes like hay smashes me in, so I think I'll try a jar on the next run.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:25 pm) • duke (Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:33 pm)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

ive just looked, ive not put any in these foil bags and the bud is sound and smells,looks nice, i'll be doing it again as its easy storage,light proof,smell proof and cheap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162467798384 ... media=COPY
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:30 pm) • duke (Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:33 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

As far as I know, burping is only required in the early stages while things are still active. Drying buds will be releasing ethylene for a few weeks after they've been pulled down. Once that process is completed, no point burping.

Interestingly, there are these new bags things on the market that have terpenes within the regulator. Apparently terpenes work a little like VPD and if there are lots about around the flower then the ones within the flower stay put. Lots of negative feedback from the community in regards to the paper linked.

Dr Alison Justice seems to be doing lots of exciting research into the art of curing cannabis. Some of her talks on YouTube rock.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7819294/
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
duke (Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:32 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:25 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Harvesting, Drying & Curing Cannabis”