Jack Herer (Royal Jack) by RQS

Cannabis strain reviews. Cannabis smoke review.
flip
Known User

Jack Herer (Royal Jack) by RQS

Post by flip »

Jack Herer

My current smoke, as a result of the recent Royal Jack (Royal Queen Seeds) grow.

Here is a picture of a bud of the homegrown (currently a few days into cure):

Note that this is a strain that is not often commended for its looks!

Background

Named after JACK HERER who was known as the "Emperor of Hemp". Jack was an American cannabis rights activist and the author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes (an excellent read if you can get a copy, although it now goes for silly money).

Jack Herer advocated for cannabis decriminalisation and argued that it could be used as a renewable source of fuel, medicine, food and fibre and paper/pulp that can be grown in virtually any part of the world for medicinal as well as economical purposes. Jack ran for President of the United States of America twice, under the nomination of the Grassroots Party. WHAT A LEGEND!

Strain information
  • Jack Herer is a blend of Shiva Skunk (indica), Northern Lights #5 (indica), and Haze (sativa). The result is a 55% sativa 45% indica flower.
  • Jack Herer has a THC content of around 18-24%.
  • The strain was developed by Sensi Seeds in the Netherlands circa the 1990s.
Aroma and Flavor

To me, the strain smells and tastes intensely of PINE and CITRUS. As it is beginning to cure there seems to be more of a MENTHOL like freshness coming through. Some people have likened the strain to that of the smell of an ancient forest - and I think they are right!

I am yet to smoke the strain, but vaping it yields more of the fresh pine and citrus flavours at lower temps (~180oC), with more of the mint and skunky earth taste coming through at the higher temps (~200oC+).

Effect

Very rapid clear head high, that evolves to alert happiness, with little to no body stone effect.

Whilst a lot of people say this strain inhibits sleep, it does no such thing for me! I'm out like a light after whatever I smoke!

My verdict

I really like this as a smoke, it is excellent for daytime use, but personally, I do enjoy something that gives more of a body stone. If I had a main criticism I would say that the initial high can be a bit 'rushy'. Otherwise I would say that it is great because it allows me to carry on with whatever I'm doing without loosing too much focus.
These users thanked the author flip for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:36 pm) • TommyT (Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 am)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

FX
Known User

Re: Jack Herer (Royal Jack) by RQS

Post by FX »

I'm actually waiting on a little Jack Herer to arrive in the post so this was an interesting read
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “Strain Reviews”