Mountain Temple by Bodhi Seeds

Cannabis strain reviews. Cannabis smoke review.
Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Mountain Temple by Bodhi Seeds

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Strain name: Mountain Temple
Mountain Temple, not to be confused with the like-named “Temple,” is a sativa dominant hybrid strain (85% sativa/15% indica) created through crossing the classic Appalachia X Temple strains. This bud is perfect for those days when you want to kick back with friends but still have energy to get up and get moving should you decide to hit the great outdoors or the movies. You'll feel a light lift at the onset, filling you with a sense of pure euphoria and easing away any negative or racing thoughts and emotions. A sense of giggly sociability comes next, giving you the energy that you need to take on meaningful conversations with both friends and family alike. With these effects and its super high 20-23% average THC level, Mountain Temple is said to be perfect for treating those suffering from chronic stress, appetite loss or nausea, depression, mood swings and chronic pain. This bud has a fruity sweet flavor with a lightly sour dank exhale. The aroma is very pungent and earthy with a dank overtone that's accented by rotting fruits. Mountain Temple buds have oversized fluffy forest green nugs with dark orange hairs and a coating of tiny clear crystal trichomes. (Description taken from Allbud.com)

Breeder: Bodhi Seeds
Seed or clone: Seed.
Number of plants: I popped 3 seeds and 1 female.
Light/Lights used: HLG 550 & HLG 650R - this plant was under the 550
Grow medium: Coco perlite mix
Nutrient range/products: House & Garden A+B, Canna PK & Calmag, Ozi magic budswell, plus microbe/casting teas
Pot size/sizes: 12L autopots
Smell in veg: Not super overpowering
Structure in veg: Very short, wide, many branches & very leafy
Speed of growth: Fairly rapid in both veg & flower
Time in veg: 8 or 9 months in veg -
Smell in flower: Intense, turpentine, citrus & old fruit
Structure in flower: one of the very cool things about this plant. it doesn't stretch above 4-5ft. It wide, lots of branches, lots of bud sites
Bud Structure: Buds are smaller in size like acorns, but there are lots of them, dired the flower is not super dense, but not see through
Heavy/Light feeder: Heavy feeder, even at an EC of 2.0 this girl was going yellow at week 5, but late in flower she goes yellow as a banana, as can be seen in the photos.
Harvest weight: 268grams
Smell of dry bud: Mango, ripe fruits, fuel/gas and funk with a bit of chem profile in there
Taste of dry bud: Yummy, she tastes of ripe fruit, possibly mango or rock melon, adhesive, chem profile with a creamy finish
Effect:
Ok, so I've been holding off doing a write up on this one for a few weeks. I wanted to keep trying her for a little and get some feed back from friends before I started singing her graces. The high is simply tremendous....but like all plants she has her downsides. One is her super leafy structure, she makes you work harder than other plants. She takes more work leaf trimming in flower than any other plant I have ever grown over the years. And to get the most out of her in flower you need to do it, to get light to flower clusters. She is hungry too, you can see how she cannibalises her leaves late in flower from the photos, she goes yellow yellow, apparently this is a chem family trait, which I believe I have seen before. However, she has this cool trait, in that she almost has zero stretch in flower. Which is awesome because you can let her get massive in veg and not have to worry about her growing into the light, or needing an support training. Which is not a bad trade for leaf work.

Now the effect, the drug traits are basically that of anti-depressant. Every time I vape this girl I am instantly filled with deep joy and happiness. She can completely change you mood in one session. The high and sense of happiness lasts for a long time too, good solid 3-4hrs easy, and not from a huge amount either. Enjoying this with friends is really cool, you instantly have a room full of giggly, happy very chilled and relaxed people. As one friend put it "I've had molly that did make me feel half as good as this weed" . Its nice weed for smoking before going out to do something like a hike or a concert/live music or being social. The more you take, you just get deeply stoned and gooey, no anxious, sweaty palms, helicopters are circling the house high (side note, I do enjoy highs that scare the fuck out of me from time to time...keeps you on your toes). I've had plants that have made me feel good and happy before, but not like this, the happiness feels very real and unmanufactured if that makes sense. What a cool plant, I love when I come across new effects. Granted, this may just be for me and my body chemistry, but 3 or 4 other people all reported the same thing. My guess, the combo of the up comes from the Appalachia which is green crack x tres dog x temple haze. I'm stoked on this plant. I love discovering new positive drug traits on this growing journey.

Not a massive fan of the name, I just call it Temple (I know this is another strain), but its more appropriate and reminiscent of the high itself. It makes you feel like an Enlighted smiling monk that just walked out of temple.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 7):
2-Scoops (Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:51 am) • Herbalist (Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:08 am) • Greenfingers (Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:23 am) • anova.330 (Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:44 pm) • Jayme Ream (Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:18 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:47 pm) • fabi420 (Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:23 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Greenfingers
Known User

Re: Mountain Temple by Bodhi Seeds

Post by Greenfingers »

Nice write up and nice looking plant (Not all the leaf though)

:thanks:
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
Cave Hill Cole (Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:18 pm) • Jayme Ream (Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:19 pm)

Jayme Ream

Re: Mountain Temple by Bodhi Seeds

Post by Jayme Ream »

very descriptive! nice work!
These users thanked the author Jayme Ream for the post:
Cave Hill Cole (Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:13 pm)

Return to “Strain Reviews”