Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Organic teas

Discuss organic cannabis growing
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Organic teas

Post by GMO »

Im really interested in these too tbh mate

id say it may be a little vague tho. cos you could make all sorts from what you have but for lots of different reasons

ive no current hands on experience with making teas but ill be making the nettles FPJ tomorrow hopefully then will begin the organic land slide lol
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Elijah Growz (Tue May 12, 2020 3:34 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

ImageImageImage

that might be useful to you tho :idn:
Guest (Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:34 pm)

Post by Guest »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:52 pm
Howdy,

I'm looking for any tea recipes I can use on my plants, I've not had much practise but know some basics,
My organic materials Range from,
Bat guano
Alfafa
Kelp
Egg shells
Worm castings
Aloe vera
Black strap molasses
Fish bone meal
Oyster shells
Pure Neem powder
Silica powder
Bare in mind I'm in the UK so some thiggs are hard to come by, and I'm always on a budget.
The only bottle I use is Plagron Alga Grow and Bloom I believe to be all organic

Any recipes to make teas would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance ✌🏾💚
I have a few sources for this one mate, as it's something I want to start doing too now I have more access to organic amendments.

Hold me on this one and I'll do some digging.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:49 pm) • GMO (Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:57 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

I've done some notes on this tonight people. So I will put a reminder on my phone and I will finish a full explantion of what ingredients do what and how a good tea is madee.

The main equipment for this is an aquarium type pump, which is relative to the size of your tank. KIS Brewers from Tad Hussey and his website have kits you can buy for all this including ingredients. I suggest heading over there if you fancy spending money on a more pro set up.

Also an old pair of your Mrs tights, an old bubble hash bag or even those new re useable fruit bags you can get from the superstores, this to use as your tea bag unless you decide to strain after.

You also need to keep to room temp and strictly not over, or most of the bacteria will not survive.

I full in depth essay will come tomorrow. I will try to keep it really simple. I have gathered info from 3 different sources for this so hopefully what I present should work well.

Happy Growing and Thanks for Reading folks.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
GMO (Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:51 am)

Horse Badorties

Post by Horse Badorties »

Microbeman is a great resource

https://logicalgardener.org/

Fermented Plant Extracts (FPE's) are another nice to get the goodies out, if you are interested.
These users thanked the author Horse Badorties for the post:
GMO (Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:40 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:20 pm
I've done some notes on this tonight people. So I will put a reminder on my phone and I will finish a full explantion of what ingredients do what and how a good tea is madee.

The main equipment for this is an aquarium type pump, which is relative to the size of your tank. KIS Brewers from Tad Hussey and his website have kits you can buy for all this including ingredients. I suggest heading over there if you fancy spending money on a more pro set up.

Also an old pair of your Mrs tights, an old bubble hash bag or even those new re useable fruit bags you can get from the superstores, this to use as your tea bag unless you decide to strain after.

You also need to keep to room temp and strictly not over, or most of the bacteria will not survive.

I full in depth essay will come tomorrow. I will try to keep it really simple. I have gathered info from 3 different sources for this so hopefully what I present should work well.

looking forward to this

ive been asking lots of people their thoughts on aeration vs cold brewing/fermentation. really interested to here your views

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:52 am
DIY.Rik wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:20 pm

looking forward to this

ive been asking lots of people their thoughts on aeration vs cold brewing/fermentation. really interested to here your views
You mean like an FPJ what you're doing or a cold tea i.e. without the aeration?

It is to my understanding that the oxygen that helps the feeding of the microbes (not sure about the fungi? They expel carbon dioxide?) so without the aeration you'd end up with an anaerobic tea, which is not what you want.

It is much like organic growing, you need the air in the soil as much as the dampness, to feed the living bacteria.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:14 am

It is to my understanding that the oxygen that helps the feeding of the microbes (not sure about the fungi? They expel carbon dioxide?) so without the aeration you'd end up with an anaerobic tea, which is not what you want.

It is much like organic growing, you need the air in the soil as much as the dampness, to feed the living bacteria.
Thats why im asking, ive heard alot of different opinions on why aeration in needed or dangerous

i dont really like the word tea myself cos i get the vibe that yous steeping something and then removing the source in a fairly holistic approach

im kinda more throwing shit into a bucket and letting it sit for X amount of time then agitate together and ill usually use the lot as a bit of a top dress at the same time. Im usually using EM inoculation tho with all the brewing so im fairly confident with what would brew anaerobically it would still be beneficial :idn: so many tools and factors :D
Guest (Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:43 am)

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:45 am
DIY.Rik wrote:

Thats why im asking, ive heard alot of different opinions on why aeration in needed or dangerous

i dont really like the word tea myself cos i get the vibe that yous steeping something and then removing the source in a fairly holistic approach

im kinda more throwing shit into a bucket and letting it sit for X amount of time then agitate together and ill usually use the lot as a bit of a top dress at the same time. Im usually using EM inoculation tho with all the brewing so im fairly confident with what would brew anaerobically it would still be beneficial :idn: so many tools and factors :D
You get Humic and Fulvic acids from anaerobic conditions. So not all bad anyway I'd say. I think using vegetative material and steeping is a different ball game. You're leaching that nutrients out? Right 🧐

Don't know where tea came from, but the aeration is incredibly important. That's why a sitting Compost Brew 😉 only lasts for 24 hours at the most. So we can't store a Brew.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

DIY.Rik wrote:
GMO wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:45 am
DIY.Rik wrote:

You get Humic and Fulvic acids from anaerobic conditions. So not all bad anyway I'd say. I think using vegetative material and steeping is a different ball game. You're leaching that nutrients out? Right

Don't know where tea came from, but the aeration is incredibly important. That's why a sitting Compost Brew only lasts for 24 hours at the most. So we can't store a Brew.
Fulvic and humic acid dont occur in nature. They can be derived from organic deposits but the havent been discovered in the form of humic of fulvic acid

Umm, I have some brews that have like 2 year shelf life

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”