Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Organic teas

Discuss organic cannabis growing

Re: Organic teas

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:05 pm
Methods for extracting molecules of fulvic acid from a humus material such as oxidized lignite are disclosed. The humus material is mixed with water to solubilize at least some of the fulvic acid molecules. A first filtration apparatus (which may be an ultrafiltration apparatus) may be used to separate at least some of the solubilized fulvic acid molecules from the humin and at least some of the humic acid molecules. A second filtration apparatus (which may be an ultrafiltration apparatus or a nanfiltration apparatus) may be used to then separate the fulvic acid molecules from most of the water and any remaining impurities. A digestion step may also be carried out where microorganisms are brought into contact with the mixture in the presence of oxygen in order to oxidize any unoxidized organic compounds in the humus material. Iron and aluminum may be precipitated and removed by the addition of a phosphate to improve the purity of the end-product.
water exctraction https://patents.google.com/patent/EP179 ... lowed%20by

couple other sources

PH extraction https://patents.google.com/patent/US4459149A/en

caustic extraction https://patents.google.com/patent/US3398186A/en

and a load of other methods https://patents.google.com/patent/EP1797190A1/ar
You go so deep dude πŸ˜†

I think with a bit of knowledge from everyone including yourself we could come up with some good off the shelf extracts for organics. I've given up on the biosys tea from ecothrive. My last lot turned to marmite lol may of been good stuff in the right situation but I don't know what it turned to. I've been re evaluating mh notes and I'm about to delve into a rea myself. I'll jot down all the steps I use and then post them up. Hopefully I'll get good results as a couple of my plants look like they need a good bio boost, they got repotted yesterday so its a good time to give a tea/brew.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:50 pm) • Josh (Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:24 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

Right 2nd time around. Just at the end my original post got lost in the wonders of technology. Some wrong button somewhere lol.....

I have been making my own compost tea due to already having my amendments out repotting my plants and also the off the shelf stuff I don't think quite kicks it in my opinion.

1st I start off with 2L of water, of which ive used ecothrive neutralise. You can leave bubbling for 24 hours. I add this and leave for 2 hours to bring uo to room temp so not to shock any microbes I want to be breeding in my tea. There are more than 1 classification of chlorine that water companies use in the UK, this product sorts this out. One is chloramine.

I then add my mollasses. This has to be black strap non sulphured. Basically raw and ORGANIC (sorry Keeno πŸ™„lol) This is not only full of macro, micro nutritients and goodies but also has sugar content whoch feeds the microbes. There are several different things you can use, organic juices and fruit pulps, cane syrup and even maple syrup.

I then add my tights, or should I say the Mrs! 😳 I wash with cold water and then boil them to rid of any residuals from the washer and washing liquids, parfumes etc.... then I add my mix.

My recipe:

β€’3 TbleSp of Vermi compost (best quality available, as this holds all your microbes and fungi)
β€’3 of Kelp
β€’1 of Insect Frass (Charge)
β€’1 of Krill (sustainably farmed Atlantic)
β€’1 Tea Spoon of Malt Barley Powder

Let's hope it doesn't kill and is more kind to my microbe mass in my medium. Also it should make lots more available nutritients in the soil.

I will dilute this and use it on all my plants.

This will be brewed for wound 24 to 30 hours.

I have some more comprehensive info about this so I will update for anyone interested? It will give .ore details about brew times etc....

Also doesn't Spartan grown use any tea or brews? Just a thought.

Happy growing everyone.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:32 pm) • Elijah Growz (Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:07 am)

Post by Guest »

Elijahgrowz wrote: ↑
Tue May 12, 2020 12:52 pm
Howdy,

I'm looking for any tea recipes I can use on my plants, I've not had much practise but know some basics,
My organic materials Range from,
Bat guano
Alfafa
Kelp
Egg shells
Worm castings
Aloe vera
Black strap molasses
Fish bone meal
Oyster shells
Pure Neem powder
Silica powder
Bare in mind I'm in the UK so some thiggs are hard to come by, and I'm always on a budget.
The only bottle I use is Plagron Alga Grow and Bloom I believe to be all organic

Any recipes to make teas would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance βœŒπŸΎπŸ’š
If they're the ingredients you've still got Elijah, i woild try what I did in this post, give it a shot and I bet your plants perk right up.

I finished that tea brew past night. Gave it a tester last night on one plant and it looked like it had a little growth spurt over night and helped cure my drooping leaves I had.

Use your mollasses 1st after dechlorinating. Don't use the neem though, from my knowledge this would kill some of the goodies we're trying to culture.

β€’3 parts worm castings
β€’1 alfafa
β€’1 kelp
β€’1 of the oyster shells

In a cheese cloth or some tights.

24 hours and it should smell sweet and nice, maybe like fresh fish or of the sea lol. As long as it doesn't smell bad or anaerobic then there shouldn't really be such a thing as a bad brew apparently.

You cojld use fish blood and bone meal but I wouldn't over do it.

Also sterilise everything 1st with no residual cleaning agents. Use all organic, nothing with any preservatives whatsoever.

More detail in my previous post.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Elijah Growz (Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:07 am)

Post by Guest »

Tue May 12, 2020 12:52 pm
Howdy,

I'm looking for any tea recipes I can use on my plants, I've not had much practise but know some basics,
My organic materials Range from,
Bat guano
Alfafa
Kelp
Egg shells
Worm castings
Aloe vera
Black strap molasses
Fish bone meal
Oyster shells
Pure Neem powder
Silica powder
Bare in mind I'm in the UK so some thiggs are hard to come by, and I'm always on a budget.
The only bottle I use is Plagron Alga Grow and Bloom I believe to be all organic

Any recipes to make teas would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance βœŒπŸΎπŸ’š
Also Elijah, if you're growing organically then the plant should only take what it needs and this adds to the biology in the soil. So shouldn't burn any plants.

All you need is a small aquarium pump to do it on a small scale.

Here you can see the residual slime and gunk on my tub. A good sign of a good biology I'd say.

Elijah Growz (Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:51 am)

Post by Guest »

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:11 am
@DIY.Rik thanks, yes I do have those ingredients still I recently made a tea but I think I was using to much water to ingredients start from scratch is the way and I'll start with your way I like the whole set up so thank you.
when you say you dilute it how much by?
Just ensure your PH of the brew suits the PH of the water, as in my opinion this will kill some of the microbes we just made. You may want an old PH pen for the tea though.

This is only a suggestion if you have multiple plants to water.

This morning I gave mine the rest and because I was already sufficiently watered in my medium, I gave it straight, just don't over do it, I used like a 500ml, or small tumbler glass full, in 2x 12L and 2x 20L pots.

Also please note everyone!!! Protozoa and other bacteria can come as bad guys too, at worst if you have a low immune system could cause infections, even in the brain. Generally most microbes are good and even ok for humans. But why take that chance? Just be mind ful, especially if you intend to add any animal bi products or manure, which is what I would advise not to do. Just my opinion, I wouldn't take the risk, not on my indoor plants or vegetable garden.

Post by Guest »

Also please note everyone!!! Protozoa and other bacteria can come as bad guys too, at worst if you have a low immune system could cause infections, even in the brain. Generally most microbes are good and even ok for humans. But why take that chance? Just be mind ful, especially if you intend to add any animal bi products or manure, which is what I would advise not to do. Just my opinion, I wouldn't take the risk, not on my indoor plants or vegetable garden

Post by Guest »

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:11 am
@DIY.Rik thanks, yes I do have those ingredients still I recently made a tea but I think I was using to much water to ingredients start from scratch is the way and I'll start with your way I like the whole set up so thank you.
when you say you dilute it how much by?
Also, mollasses has zinc in πŸ˜‰

Return to β€œOrganic Cannabis Growing”