Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

How to culture L.A.B Lactic acid bacteria - Part 1

Discuss organic cannabis growing
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: How to culture L.A.B Lactic acid bacteria - Part 1

Post by GMO »

Ive gone and mixed 1 part rice wash water which is now kinda a mixed bacteria culture (water taken from below the top funk and above the bottom funk lol) with 10 parts milk and left is a warm ish dark ish place....

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

We are nearing 72 hours ish and its nearly there i think

Curds and whey

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Straining done and the whey/ LAB separated off from the cheese curd :D

Ive put the curd to the side for the moment to press into cheese later. but i think thats the LAB done :D

now if ya wanna expand this to a living culture which ill be doing with half, its 1:1:500 LAB culture : molasses : water and that should be rocking in about 3 days. the LAB serum and also be used as is.... what i couldnt fit in the bottle went into my indoor compost bin :D

happy growing

G3W2HIN
Known User

Post by G3W2HIN »

GMO wrote:Straining done and the whey/ LAB separated off from the cheese curd :D

Ive put the curd to the side for the moment to press into cheese later. but i think thats the LAB done :D

now if ya wanna expand this to a living culture which ill be doing with half, its 1:1:500 LAB culture : molasses : water and that should be rocking in about 3 days. the LAB serum and also be used as is.... what i couldnt fit in the bottle went into my indoor compost bin :D

happy growing
I dont know much about anything really however there is alot of talk about not using molasses with lab for any reason. However brown sugar added to the serum at equal weights will create a shelf stable lab no refrigeration needed. Otherwise I understand that the LAB needs to be in cold storage

Learning more about LAB through #Potentponics Steve kefir supposedly has a much more dense population and diversity of beneficial microorganisms than milk alone ..I'll be doing this for my next batch cheers GMOImage
Last edited by G3W2HIN on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author G3W2HIN for the post (total 2):
GMO (Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 pm) • Guest (Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:22 pm)
INNER PEACE

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

G3W2HIN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 pm
I dont know much about anything really however there is alot of talk about not using molasses with lab for any reason. However brown sugar added to the serum at equal weights will create a shelf stable lab no refrigeration needed. Otherwise I understand that the LAB needs to be in cold storage
your bang on from what i understand really mate. molasses and super saturation doesnt work molasses apparently has too high a water content already. im not 100% but most the guys i see making EM use molasses as a base so i think its just for saturastion to store that molasses is a no no. ive chucked min in the fridge till there is more space in the bottle to back fill with brown sugar

but as always dude, really appreciate your input on these things
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
G3W2HIN (Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:52 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

I love your posts @GMO but I'm gonna have to admit they are far above where I am with growing at the moment. The beauty is now you have spent the time to stick it all in a thread I will be able to find this knowledge later when I am ready.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 2):
GMO (Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:23 pm) • G3W2HIN (Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Minty wrote:I love your posts [mention]GMO[/mention] but I'm gonna have to admit they are far above where I am with growing at the moment. The beauty is now you have spent the time to stick it all in a thread I will be able to find this knowledge later when I am ready.
That's my hope really mate. Alot of threads fall on their faces but hopefully someone can use the info at some point buddy

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

Minty (Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

GMO wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:25 pm
That's my hope really mate. Alot of threads fall on their faces but hopefully someone can use the info at some point buddy
Definitely mate, someone will 'Google one or two words' to be matched with that shit and it's gonna be valuable to them.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 2):
GMO (Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:15 pm) • G3W2HIN (Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:04 pm)

G3W2HIN
Known User

Post by G3W2HIN »

GMO wrote:
Minty wrote:I love your posts [mention]GMO[/mention] but I'm gonna have to admit they are far above where I am with growing at the moment. The beauty is now you have spent the time to stick it all in a thread I will be able to find this knowledge later when I am ready.

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle
Yeah that's why I piggy back on your posts GMO the reality that information is not owned by those who present it only others choose to be more receptive to those they recognize as a source they in opinion BELIEVE to be credible. Some people's kids Image
These users thanked the author G3W2HIN for the post:
GMO (Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:16 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

@G3W2HIN imma take that as a compliment :idn: :lol:
G3W2HIN (Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:23 am)

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”