Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Organic growers! GMO needs you!

Discuss organic cannabis growing
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Organic growers! GMO needs you!

Post by GMO »

right, im gonna drop this link in here for now as its gonna be real useful

https://thenutrientcompany.com/blogs/ho ... c-database
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

GMO wrote:Okay, ive run into more of a moral dilemma rather than a logistical one. probably gonna end up making more work for myself in the process but let me explain

So its quickly come to my attention that alot of these products has a considerable carbon footprint before i even order then to be delivered to my address. Like ive done my fair share of miles but surely there are going to be more local sources for the essential building blocks which are being added with some of these amendments?

Now this may as i say be more ball ache than its worth in financial or logistical sense but im going to try and break each of the list down into the logical reason for adding ie aeration of fertilization and try to reverse engineer a LOCALLY source-able variation :D

shit, what have i got myself into :suicide:
Google is your friend bro, lol. there's plenty of substitutes out there. Big ups for trying to help the environment though
I know you can use lime instead of oyster shell flour.....

Honestly if I were you I'd really take your time coming up with a mix, especially if you have to locally source everyting

I just went with something tried and true that tons of weed growers have had success with

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

integrajosh wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:18 pm
Honestly if I were you I'd really take your time coming up with a mix, especially if you have to locally source everyting
100% dude. im not even fully convinced my loft will hold the weight yet :lol:

but i am luck to have a fairly local source for all the listed ingredients but there are a few other local and potentially freely collected options which id like to investigate too :D

mon the local seaweed and leaf litter lol

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

so ive found a UK supplier of what at first glance looks like a similar blend, but these guys are working with ecothrive and uses their charge rather than worm castings (as its the same thing :lol:)

http://www.indoororganics.co.uk/
With Notill growing it is essential to replace what you take to continue the cycle of nutrition within the soil. Plants are nothing more than restructured minerals, the soil in a different form, so you need to replace the minerals that are removed as plant matter over time. A regular top dress of all the essential nutrients and minerals will mean your plants always have what they need when they need it.

This is the blend of nutrients & minerals that we use in our soil mix to re-amend the soil at the end of each cycle ready for the next. It can also be used as an ongoing top dress to maintain living soil and feed the soil life.

It consists of:

4 cup Basalt
2 cup Kelp
1 cup Krill
I cup Neem
2 cup Gypsum
2 cup Charge
2 cup Fish Meal

We recommend a light dusting every 2-4 weeks and a heavier application at the end of each run, usually around 1-2 cup per 15gal pot.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

GMO wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:18 pm
100% dude. im not even fully convinced my loft will hold the weight yet

but i am luck to have a fairly local source for all the listed ingredients but there are a few other local and potentially freely collected options which id like to investigate too :D

mon the local seaweed and leaf litter lol
To fill a 1.2x1.2 and 12 inches deep takes roughly 40 US gallons of soil. If I had to guess it weighs somewhere around 150 when moist. Light enough that I can pick one side up and turn it if need be

I'd put a bunch of boards underneath to spread the weight out, should be ok brotha. as long as your ceiling is structurally sound that is

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

GMO wrote:so ive found a UK supplier of what at first glance looks like a similar blend, but these guys are working with ecothrive and uses their charge rather than worm castings (as its the same thing )

http://www.indoororganics.co.uk/
With Notill growing it is essential to replace what you take to continue the cycle of nutrition within the soil. Plants are nothing more than restructured minerals, the soil in a different form, so you need to replace the minerals that are removed as plant matter over time. A regular top dress of all the essential nutrients and minerals will mean your plants always have what they need when they need it.

This is the blend of nutrients & minerals that we use in our soil mix to re-amend the soil at the end of each cycle ready for the next. It can also be used as an ongoing top dress to maintain living soil and feed the soil life.

It consists of:

4 cup Basalt
2 cup Kelp
1 cup Krill
I cup Neem
2 cup Gypsum
2 cup Charge
2 cup Fish Meal

We recommend a light dusting every 2-4 weeks and a heavier application at the end of each run, usually around 1-2 cup per 15gal pot.
That looks like a great mix man, I checked out ecothrive charge and it sounds sweet but I'd like to see some closeup shots under a microscope. Make sure the micro-orgamisms etc. are even alive

Only saying that because I know storing worm castings in air tight containers will kill off a lot of life

I say go for it though

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

integrajosh wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:37 am
as long as your ceiling is structurally sound that is
sounds like youve met my landlord :lol:

i think im pretty much sold on the idea. its just going to be working out how to construct the bugger. but im really up for it.... i think

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

integrajosh wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:40 am
Only saying that because I know storing worm castings in air tight containers will kill off a lot of life
Oh for sure mate, that shopping list is just for me to work from and find my alternatives

https://www.ecothrive.co.uk/catalogue/charge_6/ thats the charge but i hope to start making worm casting myself instead. be bit more sustainable long term :D

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

GMO wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:40 am
Oh for sure mate, that shopping list is just for me to work from and find my alternatives

https://www.ecothrive.co.uk/catalogue/charge_6/ thats the charge but i hope to start making worm casting myself instead. be bit more sustainable long term :D
If you plan on using your own it's gonna be a while bro I started mine when I made the worm bin thread and it just now has usuable castings
2000 worms will demolish quite a bit of food though!!

I was lucky to find a local worm guy that sells them relatively cheap. He talked my ear off for 2 hours but well worth the visit

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

integrajosh wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:56 am
If you plan on using your own it's gonna be a while bro I started mine when I made the worm bin thread and it just now has usuable castings
2000 worms will demolish quite a bit of food though!!
Yeah im not jumping in to the build just yet. probably around jan/feb ill be able to start the build as i have plants in my 1.2x2.4 atm but it gives me that time to do the research and ground work

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”