Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

How to make Banana Juice PK Booster

Discuss organic cannabis growing
KD
Known User

How to make Banana Juice PK Booster

Post by KD »

Bananas are full of P K sugars and other minerals our plants love during flower. You can make your own flower booster with them using some LABS and brown sugar. Here's how you do that:

What you need

A bunch of bananas
LABS (see link in signature)
Brown sugar
A 5 litre tub with lid
Dechlorinated water

What you do

It works best if you have a blender for making smoothies with but if you don't, chop up the bananas as small as you can.

Pop them into a blender (or chop) with dechlorinated water and a tablespoon of brown sugar

Turn them into a smoothie

Add this to a 5 litre tub and fill the remainder of the tub so you have about 4 litres of mixture in there.

Add your LABS and supersaturate it with brown sugar. To do this, you add brown sugar until no more will dissolve. You'll feel the grains when you touch the bottom of the tub with a spoon.

Leave this for 2 weeks with the lid on, but crack one corner to let gases escape.

After 2 weeks has gone by, it should smell like something you want to drink. Don't drink it lol

If it smells like vinegar, it's not quite ready. If it smells like banana candy it is. Use at 1ml per litre and work up. I've never used more than 3ml per litre of this stuff.

It gets stronger over time too so be careful!

If it looks like this

It's gone bad.

Any green/brown/black mold on the surface is a sign you need more LABS or start again. This is the first time this has happened to me so I'm adding more labs and sugar and praying they take over. If not, I'll start again. I'll update it here.

What you want is a nice white mat of growth on the surface. This means the Lactobacillus is happy and eating the banana and sugar and you'll have your own PK booster for your plants.

The first time I used this, they were praying to the lights. They really like it!
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 4):
FX (Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:48 pm) • Trippster62 (Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:04 pm) • Pet G (Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:28 am) • Herbalist (Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:47 pm)

KD
Known User

Re: How to make Banana Juice PK Booster

Post by KD »

:oh-shit:

I just added 2 tbs of brown sugar and a good splosh of LABS to this to try to save it and mixed it up good. Now we wait and see what happens.

These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Herbalist (Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:47 pm)

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

I do worm casting,banana peels,sugar tea now and then
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
KD (Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:42 am) • Herbalist (Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:47 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

So it turns out I missed something on my research. Supersaturating the mixture makes the bacteria go into a sort of hibernation. Don't do it! This is probably why my last batch went funky after I added more sugar to the mix. The banana already has sugar in it too
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 2):
Mafooo (Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:30 am) • Herbalist (Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:47 pm)

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”