Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Where are the soil growers at?

Discuss organic cannabis growing
Trippster62

Re: Where are the soil growers at?

Post by Trippster62 »

JJ wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:30 pm
I do a soil layering, ,fox farm ocean forest in bottom half,happy frog on top half,with extra perlite,worm castings,plus microbes --dynomyco,armory
That sounds like a good technique. When I picked up my Happy Frog they were out of Ocean Forest. I may have to order online. I have perlite, worm castings and Great White mycorrhizae plus trichoderma.
If you reduce the amount of hash you consume in order to preserve your glass you've missed the whole point.

The hash is more important than the glass.

Trippster62

Post by Trippster62 »

camkush wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:08 am
Dont feed until the plant tells you its hungry, or you’ll be feeding a shit ton of nutrients. Water on the outer edge of plant to make the roots grow, and just dont freak out over any plant deficiencies you come across. Come to the forum and post photos and let us help with anything that pops up
Well, yeah in the last month or so I've been told multiple times that I've been overfeeding, have been remeding that.
I have always watered around the drip line to encourage root growth.
Yeah, I'm not good at identifying deficiencies so I will be asking if I see anything.

Post by Guest »

There is loads of things you can do.

I have used bone meal which I could get cheap from the pound store. GHO has a bird guano and fulvic micture that youcan buy. I have been using that and my most recent autoflower has has a good dose of it.

Compost teas are an option you could look into. Using mollasses as a microbial food as well as having available nutrients to help boost things in flower.

A good living soil shouldn't need much added. If you use compost that has a good amount of nutrition and the worm castings or the drainings from the worm bins are like gold, excellent stuff. I start a lot of seeds in worm poo now. @Keeno loves the stuff :lol:

Organic growing with a living soil, the plant sends out exudates into the soil which attracts the needed nutrients. In coco and ferts you are literally spoon feeding so problems can be rectified a lot easier. Think you are feeding the soil while in coco you are directly feeding the plant.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:21 pm) • Trippster62 (Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:13 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I'm currently microwaving a new batch of worms alive @DIY.Rik. I'll have to get back to you soon.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
GMO (Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:38 pm) • Guest (Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:20 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

I use soil most of the time.

Really depends what your aim is. i mainly use worm castings and a few dry amendment as well as afew bought and home made liquid feeds in a "living soil" style soil. but its not for everyone, bottled organics are always an option too if your just getting your head back in the growing game. i like the living style to save dumping soil and starting fresh every time, but it can be a steep learning curve

any specific questions or aims your after besides the 1gpw... easiest option there is to lower your watts as less light is easier to do well with that loads of light
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Guest (Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:20 am) • Trippster62 (Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:13 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:53 pm
I use soil most of the time.

Really depends what your aim is. i mainly use worm castings and a few dry amendment as well as afew bought and home made liquid feeds in a "living soil" style soil. but its not for everyone, bottled organics are always an option too if your just getting your head back in the growing game. i like the living style to save dumping soil and starting fresh every time, but it can be a steep learning curve

any specific questions or aims your after besides the 1gpw... easiest option there is to lower your watts as less light is easier to do well with that loads of light
Very wise words @GMO

You can see my most recent grow under strong light. I wasn't used to that and once I had a problem that was it. Got some bud but nowhere near what I should have done.

I also use some home made liquid feeds and to get rid of any nasties, FPJ and my Korean herbal nutrient blend I made.

Lot's of options.

But GMO makes a point of depends where and what you intend from the final product and time for harvest etc...

I wish I started in coco with a and b just to get enough supplies in, then I'd of had time to mess around with organics.
I like to do things different though :lol: I must have Irish in me as I have done it all backwards :idn:

We all have our own way though, that's what makes things interesting here on GR420
GMO (Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:39 am) • Trippster62 (Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:13 pm)

Post by Guest »

Oh and fox farms soils@ I am jealous! :lol: @Trippster62

US should have equally if not better than what we can get here.

I would look into the podcasts. Go look up Growcast if you haven't already? They all swear by the fish sh1t you can get GMO has used it.

Or Gai Green is supposed to be a real good amendment used a lot in Canada. That could be a good option for you.
GMO (Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:36 am) • Trippster62 (Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:15 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:52 am
Oh and fox farms soils@ I am jealous! :lol: @Trippster62

US should have equally if not better than what we can get here.

I would look into the podcasts. Go look up Growcast if you haven't already? They all swear by the fish sh1t you can get GMO has used it.

Or Gai Green is supposed to be a real good amendment used a lot in Canada. That could be a good option for you.
I cant say i saw fuck all difference using fish sh!t tbh, but maybe cos i added it with lots of other stuff
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Guest (Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:38 am) • Trippster62 (Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:15 pm)

BigJarGrows

Post by BigJarGrows »

I’ll second turning the lights down for sure. I did the same you did when I got my 550r cranked that shite 100% then I missed a few of the waterings, nutes were way out of whack and burnt the shit up fast.

But I learned and this run is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author BigJarGrows for the post (total 2):
Guest (Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:55 am) • Trippster62 (Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:05 pm)

Post by Guest »

BigJarGrows wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:43 am
I’ll second turning the lights down for sure. I did the same you did when I got my 550r cranked that shite 100% then I missed a few of the waterings, nutes were way out of whack and burnt the shit up fast.

But I learned and this run is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't comment or ellaborate on that one. Not up to scratch with the tech and lights or which one it is.

They can kick out some power these days. Mine is over rated for the area though already :rock:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Trippster62 (Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:05 pm)

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”