Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Where are the soil growers at?

Discuss organic cannabis growing
Trippster62

Re: Where are the soil growers at?

Post by Trippster62 »

KD wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:54 am
Trippster62 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:23 pm
KD wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:23 am
If you're interested in becoming totally self sufficient with your own soil do this -

Make LAB
Use that to make Fan Leaf Juice
Also make Banana Juice with it
Buy a large tub for recycling soil
Learn how to make Bokashi bit only use green inputs, fish bones and eggshells
Make a soil factory

I'll be posting some how to threads when I make fresh stuff so I can take pics as I go. Don't know when that'll be though cause this stuff lasts ages!
I'll have to look those up.
LAB?
Fan leaf juice, sounds self explanatory
Banana juice?
Bokashi?
Fish bones ... I don't eat fish
Eggshells ... I can save those.
Okay so LAB is a Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum - you use those bacteria to break down the rest of the stuff and the plants seem to absolutely love it!

I make my Fan Leaf and Banana Juice in 5ltr tubs. I think my Banana juice just went bad because it had a layer of white mold on it, which is good, until I added a blended banana and there's a lot of green there now. Anything but white mold growth is bad.

Bokashi is a way of making compost rapidly. You ferment the scraps first, then they break down into full compost in about 30 days in a soil factory. I'll have a tub ready on the 30th to go into the soil bin I've got prepared. I'll tag you if I remember.

The fishbones aren't 100% a must but the eggshells are. They dissolve until the pH reaches 6.2, then they stop dissolving. This will stabilise your soil pH but you can just add them to a soil bin if you want. Clean and powder them first though.

Follow your nose if you want to try this out. If it smells bad, it is bad bit it's cheap and easy to do really. 4ltrs of Banana PK booster costs less than a pint of milk and a bunch of bananas! Can't buy nutrients that cheap anywhere from anyone!
So, this Banana juice PK booster sounds interesting. If I'm understanding this correctly, I need to do something with some milk to activate these bacteria and then use that to break down some Bananas and that will give me my PK. So, following that line of reasoning the fan leaf juice and the Bokashi are your sources of N.
This may be usable by an old man.
Let me contemplate this for a while. When you do your updates on any of these be sure and tag me so I can learn more.
If you reduce the amount of hash you consume in order to preserve your glass you've missed the whole point.

The hash is more important than the glass.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Yeah that's it. Although the fan leaves give nitrogen along with other minerals and hormones. The fan leaves contain everything a plant needs to grow fan leaves basically, or they wouldn't have grown lol

The Bokashi will give a veriety of minerals, both micro and macro. That's why I don't use meat or cheese, because I don't want animal hormones and additives in there. Any green leaves will contain a lot of N and fruits contain PK so a mixture of the two is good.

I have a really bad memory thanks to my anxiety disorder, but I'll post links in my signature for you to follow. My current banana mix has gone bad so I'll be making fresh stuff really soon. I've got a freezer full of banana skins on standby. The Mrs loves that hahaha not 😉
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Trippster62 (Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:17 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Here's a LAB guide for you dude viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18323
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Trippster62 (Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:18 pm)

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”