Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Re-amendment Recipes for Organic Soil/Living Soil

Discuss organic cannabis growing
ShapingFireuk

Re: Re-amendment Recipes for Organic Soil/Living Soil

Post by ShapingFireuk »

Love the topic!! Just what we need for our cook books!

So this is my spring recipe with a 4 week veg schedule wchich will already be teaming with Nematodes, European Nightcrawlers and a few of our lovely fungus ghnats ( the guardian's of fungus haha not to many tho as nature needs ballance.
Also a good auto recipe too gets them flying straight away :)
This is a link for my no till dry ammendmend mix supplier fire stuff!!

https://www.drforest.co.uk/collections/ ... fertiliser

First 4 weeks of veg i use:
Seaweed extract 10ml per 5l + fish hydro 5ml per 5l (once a week)
Humic + fulvic Powder 1/3 tsp per 5l (once a week)

Natural nut soap with bay and cinnamon 10ml per 5l + fresh Aloe Vera plant 3 grams per 5l (once a week)

On repeat for 4 weeks :)
These users thanked the author ShapingFireuk for the post (total 4):
Guest (Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:34 pm) • anova.330 (Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:32 pm) • GMO (Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:26 pm) • sybarite (Fri May 14, 2021 5:29 pm)

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Went to the brew store and picked up 10lbs organic two row malted barley. The jar contains the malted barley powder (MBP) whereby a simple drink or juice blender works fine to grind the whole barley.
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:50 am) • GMO (Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:26 pm)
#growingwitheagle #crystals #petioles #eagleproudwarriortheproject #weednerdworld
#potectDiscord

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

anova.330 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:58 am
Went to the brew store and picked up 10lbs organic two row malted barley. The jar contains the malted barley powder (MBP) whereby a simple drink or juice blender works fine to grind the whole barley.
Just watch the temp. the enzymes denature when they get warm so cold grinding it recommended ;)
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:47 pm) • Guest (Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 pm
Just watch the temp. the enzymes denature when they get warm so cold grinding it recommended ;)
That's interesting to know :thanks:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
anova.330 (Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:14 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

ShapingFireuk

Post by ShapingFireuk »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm
GMO wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 pm
That's interesting to know :thanks:
Same as on all the seed sprout teas be really careful with blender temps it kills the enzymes
These users thanked the author ShapingFireuk for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:14 pm) • Guest (Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:23 am)

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Plants speak to us and sometimes it is a whisper. They stand, fall, exhibit color changes and move according to their environments created/prepared by us. Nearly every plant I have displays red petioles – not just the plants in flower. In organic soil, there is nothing you can really do to stave off the whisper of red petioles. Or is there?

My approach is the same as Minnesota Nice in Tales of a Doper 7.5 by Mendo Dope – treat the soil for the next run based on what the plant tells you this run. Maybe the LED is the problem. N, P, K shouldn’t be a problem with this run. In short, I really don’t know how to treat this. Some pots are hydrophobic while others are not…would you say I have an imbalance?

To attain balance, I’m going to look to the living components of the soil and start feeding the life there, again, same as Minnesota Nice would. Pretty much all I know to do…once I get there.

Thank you, GMO, for opening up my mind on this one. True plant whisperer.

And according to Minnesota Nice, MBP should not be bubbled for more than four hours as a tea; after four hours aeration the MBP solution becomes an herbicide. Will have to verify this with GHO sometime…
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post (total 3):
GMO (Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:46 am) • Guest (Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:06 am) • sybarite (Fri May 14, 2021 5:32 pm)

Post by Guest »

anova.330 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 pm
Plants speak to us and sometimes it is a whisper. They stand, fall, exhibit color changes and move according to their environments created/prepared by us. Nearly every plant I have displays red petioles – not just the plants in flower. In organic soil, there is nothing you can really do to stave off the whisper of red petioles. Or is there?

My approach is the same as Minnesota Nice in Tales of a Doper 7.5 by Mendo Dope – treat the soil for the next run based on what the plant tells you this run. Maybe the LED is the problem. N, P, K shouldn’t be a problem with this run. In short, I really don’t know how to treat this. Some pots are hydrophobic while others are not…would you say I have an imbalance?

To attain balance, I’m going to look to the living components of the soil and start feeding the life there, again, same as Minnesota Nice would. Pretty much all I know to do…once I get there.

And according to Minnesota Nice, MBP should not be bubbled for more than four hours as a tea; after four hours aeration the MBP solution becomes an herbicide. Will have to verify this with GHO sometime…
Nice one.

Has anyone ever thought of doing a MPB/insect frass bubbled tea???

You'll get the phytohormones that work together in harmony with each other then?
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
GMO (Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:22 am) • anova.330 (Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:03 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 am
anova.330 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Nice one.

Has anyone ever thought of doing a MPB/insect frass bubbled tea???

You'll get the phytohormones that work together in harmony with each other then?
i can see this going a bit wild bro. the enzymes in MBP will start working on the chitin in the frass fast as heck imo. add in the high leaves of available sugars and youll be mopping up bio films for weeks :lol:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:04 pm) • Guest (Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:16 pm)

ShapingFireuk

Post by ShapingFireuk »

I have been doing airated teas with Frass extract, molasses and kelp for 12h with this product going into flower pertty good boost, dont know if extractions like this is something you tried? Image
These users thanked the author ShapingFireuk for the post:
anova.330 (Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:04 pm)

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

I use compost teas sometimes (just compost). Be very cautious that your tea does not become anaerobic – if it does you’ll know from the smell.

Be just as cautious of nutrient teas, either homemade or store-bought. Not to sling shit, but I bubbled Roots Organics terp tea for 24 hours and applied – I’m certain it killed my Jesus OG and one of my JilllyBean plants.

Now, I still use compost teas but I’m just as happy mixing compost/nutrients with a bamboo stick in water. A wash is what some refer to it as.

And seed sprouted teas I also use as a wash after blending in a blender. Need to get back on the mung bean horse.
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post (total 2):
GMO (Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:35 pm) • ShapingFireuk (Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:35 pm)

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”