Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Re-amendment Recipes for Organic Soil/Living Soil

Discuss organic cannabis growing

Re: Re-amendment Recipes for Organic Soil/Living Soil

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:25 am
i can see this going a bit wild bro. the enzymes in MBP will start working on the chitin in the frass fast as heck imo. add in the high leaves of available sugars and youll be mopping up bio films for weeks
Too fast of a process and would unbalance the enzymes and phytohormones vs microbes etc.... As I have added MBP with frass before as a top dress and seemed to work well.

This is why it's always good putting the feelers out there and getting ideas 1st :lol:

.....or try it on a plant you don't like :idn:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
GMO (Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:06 pm) • Josh (Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:36 pm) • anova.330 (Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:28 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

First set of pots re-amended/tilled with the following:
¼ cup each neem, kelp, crab meals, langbeinite
½ cup gypsum
1 L compost
1 L rice hulls
1 cup MBP (malted barley powder)

Then top dressed, after transplant, the following castings mix for veg.
1-1.5L castings
1 Tsp cover crop mix
30 red wigglers (need to go buy)
Timothy grass for mulch/moisture lock (need to go buy)

At flower, I plan on removing the timothy grass, then top dressing the following.
1 L compost
¼ cup each neem, kelp, crab meals, langbeinite, gypsum
Timothy grass for mulch/moisture lock (need to go buy)

I wanted to document my actual recipe used. Notably, removed silica (forgot) and reduced amount of MBP.
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post:
ShapingFireuk (Mon May 17, 2021 10:12 am)
#growingwitheagle #crystals #petioles #eagleproudwarriortheproject #weednerdworld
#potectDiscord

omgBoNg
Known User

Post by omgBoNg »

ImageImageImageImage
These users thanked the author omgBoNg for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:16 pm) • Guest (Tue May 18, 2021 10:51 pm)

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

So about 20 days ago, I added 30 red wigglers to each pot when I transplanted these two phenotypes of Smashed Cake (#3,#4). Besides an initial compost tea treatment, I’ve misted water every other day. Added some alfalfa meal, plants look like crap but the soil seems to be in good shape.

Not necessarily surprised at the progress of pheno #3 (left), I initially described this plant as slow and not very regenerative. Pheno #4 I labeled as the 2nd best plant, very regenerative…hopefully, I see more of a reaction in flower.

These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post:
Guest (Tue May 18, 2021 10:53 pm)

Post by Guest »

omgBoNg wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 pm
ImageImageImageImage

Nice one. These look interesting.

Thanks for sharing :rock:

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Many thanks to all for sharing info on re-amendments; my intent is to stop documenting within this topic – to follow the progress of the two pots I have reworked so far, refer to grow diary “Smashed Cake”. With about a week prior to flower, I have top dressed Smashed Cake phenos #3 and #4 with a few leaves and one liter of compost each. They’ve been in veg for 27 days today; at the advice of another forum member, I have topped pheno #3 and will veg another two-ish weeks.

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

I've noticed the only pots that don't seem to be struggling, are the two pots I added worms to. Those two pots are nearing the end of a 70 day run of smashed cake (#3&#4).

The other pots seem to show deficiency or lockout from, probably, too many nutrients or nutrient antagonists. Worms were not used and it shows. Suspiciously too, I shifted to compost, no worm castings, as a top dress for those pots entering flower.

Besides leaving out Silica, I also forgot glacial rock dust (GRD) but am watering it in. The GRD measurement would have been double the others (i.e. kelp, neem, crab).

I think my next move is to add worms and GRD. Cover crop is a need as well.

I'm also going to start foliar of aloe and silica powder, for plants in veg or early flower.

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”