Green Qube AWOL?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
sybarite
Known User

Green Qube AWOL?

Post by sybarite »

Hello GR420 and @GreenQubeGrowTents,

Does anyone know what has happened to Green Qube?

I had a problem with my tent - all the drawstrings that were exposed to light in the tent turned from dark to pale orange and disintegrated to dust when I pulled them. I have tried contacting them numerous times about it via their web contact form, direct email and this forum (the message on this forum is stuck in the Outbox, so I assume they no longer use the forum). I kind of gave up until I saw a recent mailing from them about products, so I replied to that and a person called Dan replied, saying he hadn't seen my emails but would look into it and help me to get some replacement drawstrings (which I would have been happy to pay for if necessary), so I replied back twice and that's the last I heard. I also phoned them and left a voicemail to call me back, but nothing. That was a few weeks ago now. I think they must be deliberately ignoring me.
Last edited by sybarite on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 3):
GMO (Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:57 pm) • Keeno (Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:36 pm) • Inactive account (Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:07 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
biosynthetic
Known User

Re: Green Qube AWOL?

Post by biosynthetic »

Hope you get it sorted, you had the tent long?
These users thanked the author biosynthetic for the post:
sybarite (Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:13 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Green Qube are no longer sponsors of the forum and haven't been for a while. Have you tried calling?
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
GMO (Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:38 pm) • MommaB (Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:01 pm) • sybarite (Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:15 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Over contacted via their web form several times over the last few years and have never had a reply 😂
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
sybarite (Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:15 pm) • Keeno (Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:44 am)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

biosynthetic wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:11 pm
Hope you get it sorted, you had the tent long?
Thanks bio. I've had it since summer 2020 but I emailed them years ago about it. It was only after seeing a recent mailing they sent that made me think they were still in business that prompted me to contact them again. It's just odd they replied to that and never bothered again. I wasn't expecting a free handout - would have been happy to pay for new drawstrings given the age of the tent. It was more to alert them of the issue to hopefully prevent it happening to others in future - feedback to help them improve.
Last edited by sybarite on Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
biosynthetic (Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:57 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Keeno wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:36 pm
Green Qube are no longer sponsors of the forum and haven't been for a while. Have you tried calling?
Yes mate, I phoned and left a voicemail to call back but they never did. How come they are no longer sponsors, are you allowed to say?
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
Keeno (Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:30 am)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Just had a quick look online and places are still selling them so just have piss poor customer service which is a shame as the products are great.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
sybarite (Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:29 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Yes, to be fair my GQ100 is the best tent I've owned, has many great features, especially the strong steel frame but it's far from perfect. I have had a few other issues - the light sealing zip flaps don't work very well; I can also see dots of light coming through all over the outer fabric and that's not due to wear and tear, as it was like that from the start; the vent flaps are a great idea but poorly executed imho - the little steel bars designed to keep the flaps open have sharp ends that rip through the little corner pockets of fabric - I bodged it with bamboo chopsticks but doubt that will last.

So Green Qube, if you're reading, you make or made great tents but there is some room for improvement for them to be the best. :thanks:
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 3):
Pork Chop Express (Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:03 pm) • Inactive account (Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:08 pm) • biosynthetic (Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:58 pm)

Pork Chop Express

Post by Pork Chop Express »

sybarite wrote:Yes, to be fair my GQ100 is the best tent I've owned, has many great features, especially the strong steel frame but it's far from perfect. I have had a few other issues - the light sealing zip flaps don't work very well; I can also see dots of light coming through all over the outer fabric and that's not due to wear and tear, as it was like that from the start; the vent flaps are a great idea but poorly executed imho - the little steel bars designed to keep the flaps open have sharp ends that rip through the little corner pockets of fabric - I bodged it with bamboo chopsticks but doubt that will last.

So Green Qube, if you're reading, you make or made great tents but there is some room for improvement for them to be the best. :thanks:
I was going to buy a green qube tent as well, glad I didn't now.

The one I went for instead was an iPower 90x90x180 (full disclosure I only went with that one over the green qube because it was £110 down to £83 and I like a bargain lol) but I'm very impressed. One or two little pin holes that I stuck a tiny square of duck tape over but other than that it's great.

I'd suspect with any tent you buy it'll have pin holes here and there from being folded and packed into a box?

Anyway, happy I made the choice I did now. Glad I read this post. Hope you finally get yours sorted soon, they surely can't ignore you forever

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Pork Chop Express for the post:
sybarite (Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:16 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

sybarite wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm
Keeno wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:36 pm
Yes mate, I phoned and left a voicemail to call back but they never did. How come they are no longer sponsors, are you allowed to say?
Similar to what you've experienced, a lot of issues with customer service. They done well by us for a long time though, around 50 tents ended up with members over the years. But things were not right so it wasn't a fit anymore. I will say that the tents were the best I ever used by far.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
IMO (Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:07 am) • sybarite (Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:38 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”