Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Looking for advice on Nutrient Schedule

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Looking for advice on Nutrient Schedule

Post by Minty »

grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:53 am
feed it something like a json/yaml file with a load of parameters and away it goes.
Yea, this would allow custom changes per strain etc. My plan is to make it user friendly so will have to come up with a suitable UI eventually but good old json is certainly a start. The software is currently being written in JavaScript so it makes sense.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
seymore_budz (Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:13 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

MintyMods wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:40 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:53 am
feed it something like a json/yaml file with a load of parameters and away it goes.
Yea, this would allow custom changes per strain etc. My plan is to make it user friendly so will have to come up with a suitable UI eventually but good old json is certainly a start. The software is currently being written in JavaScript so it makes sense.
Yea man everything talks json nowadays. If you code the backend to accept json, it's trivial to make it Restful. That way you could also create a sexy mobile app too :)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:17 pm
Yea man everything talks json nowadays. If you code the backend to accept json, it's trivial to make it Restful. That way you could also create a sexy mobile app too :)
I have been using REST recently for my Minty Sensor Server project but that is kinda on hold at the min while I work on this 'Minty Hydro' project. Plus a couple of the current dependencies for that project (Svelte, SMUI) need to mature a little more 'work' before I can move on with them. I totally recommend them both but they are still in Beta so I'll wait until they stabilise.

I don't have a full on mobile 'app' (there is a Svelte Native project currently in development for creating cross platform mobile apps but again it's still very early Beta.).

Both my projects do run in a browser and perfectly well on mobile. I just need to tidy up the User Interface a little more and stick in a back end database for some state.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
seymore_budz (Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:40 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

MintyMods wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:35 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:17 pm
I have been using REST recently for my Minty Sensor Server project but that is kinda on hold at the min while I work on this 'Minty Hydro' project. Plus a couple of the current dependencies for that project (Svelte, SMUI) need to mature a little more 'work' before I can move on with them. I totally recommend them both but they are still in Beta so I'll wait until they stabilise.

I don't have a full on mobile 'app' (there is a Svelte Native project currently in development for creating cross platform mobile apps but again it's still very early Beta.).

Both my projects do run in a browser and perfectly well on mobile. I just need to tidy up the User Interface a little more and stick in a back end database for some state.
Awesome work Minty, I'm not a developer, more of jack of all trades with my roots i ops. I'll go have a closer look at your code later. I can't code for shit but can read it quite well. Do a lot of python, powershell and bash. Started to dabble into a little go and one of my goals for this year was to learn a systems language like rust. Trouble is I don't do enough systems programming to really become proficient.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:49 pm
Awesome work Minty, I'm not a developer, more of jack of all trades with my roots i ops. I'll go have a closer look at your code later. I can't code for shit but can read it quite well. Do a lot of python, powershell and bash. Started to dabble into a little go and one of my goals for this year was to learn a systems language like rust. Trouble is I don't do enough systems programming to really become proficient.
Feel free to look around my source repo's but I would leave out the 'Skyrim Lightning Mod' stuff and probably the HWiNFO specific side. The Minty Hydro project is probably a good one to take a look at as I am trying to do it all in just JavaScript which is a very user friendly language.

It's very much work in development but the hydroponic requirement should make it a little easier to follow e.g. the complete P.H. dosing function is:-

Code: Select all

processWaterPH: function() {
        let current =  this.reading.ph;
        if (isValidPhReading(current)) {
          if (current < hydroTarget.getMinPH()) {
            this.phDoseUp();
          } else if (current > hydroTarget.getMaxPH()) {
            this.phDoseDown();
          }
        }
    },

It obviously needs some hardware to go along with this and I can document the requirements/prices etc if your interested?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Coolio, I'll go checkout the hydro project. Javascript is a language I've not used much but it's very similar to others I have. I done a short course but got to bless and promises and gave up hahaha I wanted to build a website. Nodejs is quite popular now for server side stuff right?

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Yea, node is getting very powerful especially on the server side. You just need to watch those dependencies in terms of security, especially if your planning on putting your running code up on the web. Simply publishing your code to GitHub (publicly or privately) resolves this as they send you automated alerts / pull requests, etc.

Open source makes it very easy to build something DIY these days as your mostly just 'gluing' the different components together to produce a workable solution. Along with the right hardware it's pretty much plug-n-play with very little soldering required. My main hydro design is based around simply sending RF radio signal to control the cheap devices found on Amazon. Plug your light / fan / humidifier / etc. in and set a schedule to control them is the plan.

You can obviously do this with Wifi but I wanted to design it to work 'offline' first ;o)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:38 pm
Coolio, I'll go checkout the hydro project. Javascript is a language I've not used much but it's very similar to others I have. I done a short course but got to bless and promises and gave up hahaha I wanted to build a website. Nodejs is quite popular now for server side stuff right?
Hi Grumpy,

I reworked the UI loads and would appreciate if you could take a look and give me some feedback?
I have stuck the current BETA version up online for ease of use - it doesn't save at the moment but is pretty functional.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

MintyMods wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:50 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:38 pm
Hi Grumpy,

I reworked the UI loads and would appreciate if you could take a look and give me some feedback?
I have stuck the current BETA version up online for ease of use - it doesn't save at the moment but is pretty functional.
Hey Minty,

Sure I'll have a look after I've settled in today.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Minty (Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:04 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Hey again Minty,

Looks great! Clean and crisp interface with easy navigation. Love it. I've only looked on mobile as I'm on the works computer atm as I'm working from home and that one is monitored :) there's a few small bugs like the righthand side is out of view on my browser and there's also some bleed from the header of the schedule into the cell. All probably related to some small CSS thingy no doubt. Like I said I don't do much frontend :) I did look at using vue for a project but never got around to it. I've tinkered with django too but anything I design looks like it's from 2008 :)

Didn't someone break node the other day with a dodgy commit to a widely used package? That's in the back of my head but I can't recall if it was node or not. Lot's of languages like GO and Rust have ran with this pull dependencies from git. It's a nice way to work but there's also a lot to go wrong if someone mess up :) I suppose you can use pinning but who preemptively uses pinning? Lol get me the latest and greatest right? :)

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”