Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Looking for advice on Nutrient Schedule

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
Minty
Respected Member

Looking for advice on Nutrient Schedule

Post by Minty »

Hi Guys,

I am just trying to come up with a Nutrient Schedule for my first RDWC grow and wanted to check what you all think as I have no idea if this is correct or not?

Appreciate every grow is different etc so to give you as much info as possible my setup will be as follows:-

* Total water capacity is I think approx 50 litres of R.O. water but still need to measure this somehow...
* 84 Litre backup water tank for weekly Res changes
* @approx 45L Res and two IWS Oxy Pots which are @approx 19 litres each which is approx 83 litres on paper but with water levels, equipment in the pots such as drainage pumps, 200mm Airstones, growing media, etc. So have approximated it down to about 50 litres for now.
* Recirculating pump from the Res to the bottom of each Oxy Pot with the return gravity feed back to the Res.

The Nutrient schedule I have got so far is as follows (based on measurements of ml for one litres):-

which I approximate to be as follows per 50 litres:-

Would appreciate if anyone can give it the once over to make sure there is nothing blatantly wrong.

Was also looking for some advice in terms of should I start with like a 50% mixture and see how the plants adapt prior to raising the dosing?

Thanks in advance for any guidance with this.

P.S. Been listening to your "Friday Night Hangout" in the background and loving it. Definitely going to be tuning in again for that.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
Nanook (Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:02 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Re: Looking for advice on Nutrient Schedule

Post by Minty »

Should probably also mention the strain which are Auto's from Royal Queen Seeds and I plan on growing a Royal Dwarf and Easy Bud in each pot

Got me a free Northern Light, who doesn't like getting free shit eh ;o)
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
Thrasherdude (Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:59 am)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

https://www.growweedeasy.com/general-hy ... trio-guide

This has all the information you need. For your first grow in this set up, you need to try and keep the nutrients really simple imo. There's a chart on that link that's for dwc

Keep this screenshot on hand also. Pretty hard to mess up dwc, just don't over feed

And beware of using RO water πŸ‘ your ph will most likely jump around and srive you nuts, trust me, been there done that
My tap has a 0.3 EC background, so not too bad and it can buffer the ph better. I switched to it and haven't looked back
These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
Minty (Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:09 pm)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

MintyMods wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:04 pm
Should probably also mention the strain which are Auto's from Royal Queen Seeds and I plan on growing a Royal Dwarf and Easy Bud in each pot

Got me a free Northern Light, who doesn't like getting free shit eh ;o)
I would highly, highly recommend NOT growing different strains in an rdwc setup. Strains will want different nutrient levels than others, sometimes drastically different.
I'd also highly recommend not growing auto flowers until you get this setup dialed in. One mistake and you're screwed

If I were you, I'd pick out a photoperiod strain and take 2 weeks to grow out a tiny mother plant. Get clones off it and root them out, so 3-4 weeks total
This will make your grow much easier, more consistent and more enjoyable

Just my opinion though
Marcus (Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:26 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Thanks IntegraJosh,

I did purchase the Flora Trio so glad about that in terms of information being available and apparent shelf life benefits although I guess I will be buying more soon anyway (but at least getting it in bulk).

I need to convert that chart from the link you posted from tsp to mils and somehow compress it down to 9 weeks to get a comparison with what I have now but very useful, this will help me adjust etc. thank you.

I actually nicked your screenshot from another post I was watching and have that already saved with plans to somehow automate it going forwards. A very useful chart to have for reference for sure.

I have kinda already purchased the R.O filter and installed it so will run with it for now but appreciate the advice and will certainly consider discarding it going forwards. In terms of the PH fluctuations I have that automated so that each poll of the sensors will inject a small amount of UP or DOWN outside a buffer zone which after time should stabilise it and make this less of a pain for me personally ;o)

Thanks again mate, from listening in you seem like the 'Yoda' of the group so far ;o)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

integrajosh wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:12 pm
I would highly, highly recommend NOT growing different strains in an rdwc setup. Strains will want different nutrient levels than others, sometimes drastically different.
I'd also highly recommend not growing auto flowers until you get this setup dialed in. One mistake and you're screwed

If I were you, I'd pick out a photoperiod strain and take 2 weeks to grow out a tiny mother plant. Get clones off it and root them out, so 3-4 weeks total

Just my opinion though
Appreciate the advice but unfortunately they are all I have and the competition has already started.

I also totally expect to fail and have no problem with that for at least the first couple of attempts while trying to dial in the automation side etc. so will probably just go for it anyway and see what I can learn from the process. Partly why I was considering 50% nutrient strength as I am initially just looking to keep something alive as a proof of concept for the overall build, rather than trying to actually win anything other than some free seeds for taking part.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:38 pm
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:12 pm

Just my opinion though
Appreciate the advice but unfortunately they are all I have and the competition has already started.

I also totally expect to fail and have no problem with that for at least the first couple of attempts while trying to dial in the automation side etc. so will probably just go for it anyway and see what I can learn from the process. Partly why I was considering 50% nutrient strength as I am initially just looking to keep something alive as a proof of concept for the overall build, rather than trying to actually win anything other than some free seeds for taking part.
Ya but why not just do it right and get a good yield? πŸ˜‚
That's the point of the forum mate, so we can learn from others and not have to have failed grows
TTL (Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:11 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:59 pm
That's the point of the forum mate, so we can learn from others and not have to have failed grows
Until the actual build is finished whatever I put in there is most likely going to fail for some reason or another and I don't have any experience or configuration for cloning.

Once my grow area is proven I will certainly be taking on board your suggestions but for now I might as well test it out with the seeds I have.

The reason for two strains was mainly due to the Sativa / Indica swing between the two and understand these strains will have different requirements but at the end of the day if I can find a happy medium between both or if either survive I will be good.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:11 pm
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:59 pm
Until the actual build is finished whatever I put in there is most likely going to fail for some reason or another and I don't have any experience or configuration for cloning.

Once my grow area is proven I will certainly be taking on board your suggestions but for now I might as well test it out with the seeds I have.

The reason for two strains was mainly due to the Sativa / Indica swing between the two and understand these strains will have different requirements but at the end of the day if I can find a happy medium between both or if either survive I will be good.
Ok, well good luck πŸ‘
You seem to have things figured out

And for what it's worth, you cut a clone and stick it in the dirt. High humidity and 5-7 days later you have roots
Pretty simple
TTL (Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:11 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:37 pm
Ok, well good luck πŸ‘
You seem to have things figured out

And for what it's worth, you cut a clone and stick it in the dirt. High humidity and 5-7 days later you have roots
Pretty simple
It's mostly the 'dirt' I didn't want to deal with as from previous experience this is the main ground for most bugs etc.

I would kinda need a separate tent to house the mother plant no>?

Can I ask what are the main benefits from doing it via clones rather than seeds?

Return to β€œHydroponic Cannabis Growing”